Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options

PLEASE DO.
    MG

PLEASE DO.

MG

Surgery
    VickiO,
    Surgery is the easiest part of the whole ordeal...There are no nerve endings in the intestine so there will be no pain there. There will be a slight bit where the ostomy is if you have one. If you have laproscopic surgery it will be a lot better, less invasive. Mine was laproscopic and they took out my inner spincter muscle,rectum and part of my colon through the bottom then sewed the bottom shut. That is where most of my pain came from but I was able to walk the next day and it subsided pretty quick. Now, sitting was a whole different story. I could stand for about 2-4 hours at most then have to lay back down. No sitting at all, to sore. In about 4 weeks I was able to sit comfortably in a soft chair. It felt as though there was a pair of socks sewn up in my in bottom. All is well now now... It is minimal pain that can be handled with Lortab and it will be over before ya know it...This is the break you get between chemo and more chemo so enjoy it while you can. You are getting closer to being done though.......God Bless ya Girl......and have a wonderful Christmas......you deserve it..........