The OTHER "C"-word....

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Just got back my results on my CT's and chest X-ray....

Nothing notable except my 3 'friends' on my liver...

I asked if we need to do anything with them..."Cysts are cysts...nothing needs to be done"!!!

I told my G.P. that my oncologist was dumping me back on him...he laughed, and said "Well, I guess she feels that you are CURED"!!!!!!!

4 years ago, the day after Thanksgiving, I was given the "You have cancer" speech. So much to be thankful for THIS year!!!! Including all of you, my family here!!!

Hugs,Kathi

Comments

• lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Hi Kathi,
    I'm so glad to

Hi Kathi,

I'm so glad to hear your wonderful news- definitely lots to be thankful for!!
    I'm getting a CT of my chest, abdomen, & pelvis this Wednesday and will get my results at my Dr. appt. on Monday. This is following chemo for a recurrence I had in my lungs (which was found on a PET in August). I'm praying for things to have shrunken (or gone would be even better!) Even if things are still there, they'll be looking into stereotactic radiation for me. Even though I'm still dealing with things, I have a lot to be thankful for- my diagnosis was 15 months ago and I feel really quite strong and healthy today.

I'm glad to hear you've been "dumped" back into the lap of your G.P.! (of course be vigilant in your continued followups).

Take care,
    Lisa
  • kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    WooHoo!
    I am so very happy for you! Be thankful, enjoy your family and get nekkid and DANCE!! You are just where I hope to be.

Congrats,

Kimby
  • Mike49
    Mike49 Member Posts: 261
    Thanksgiving
    Many reason for thanks, you are a positive force on this discussion board and I am happy for you in this week of thanks, your a role model to us all.

Mike
  • HowardJ
    HowardJ Member Posts: 474
    Great to hear!
    Hi Kathi,

This sounds like excellent news! Enjoy Thanksgiving!!!

Howard
  • pamness
    pamness Member Posts: 524 Member
    Congratulations, I enjoy your posts
    I got my CT and CEA results today - CEA still at 4.4 (no one knows why) and another clean scan - I am 15 months out of treatment.

Congrats to you, enjoy your holiday.

Pam
  • Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    Congrats!
    Great news Kathi! You can really do the dance at the Thanksgiving table this year! You have so much to be thankful for and have so much behind you. Look ahead to great times!

You are a huge asset to this board. Thanks for the encouragement you give to everyone. Happy Thanksgiving!

Faith
  • jenalynet
    jenalynet Member Posts: 361 Member
    Thankful
    Hi Kathi,
    Great news you posted. I am always keeping all of us in my thoughts and prayers. I sure love reading happy posts. Happy Thanksgiving to you. Hugs, Audrey.
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Yayayaya Kathi!!! I am so
    Yayayaya Kathi!!! I am so happy for you and ecstatic that this Thanksgiving you can jump up and down every minute of the day because you truly have everything to be thankful for :)

Although we've already had our Thanksgiving up here in Canada, this Thursday I'm going to be thankful for you and all our friends here on the board (and elsewhere) who are giving thanks for their clear scans, blood tests and knowing they are clear of cancer!! :D

Hugggggs,

Cheryl
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    You are NOW what we all strive for!
    What wonderful news to hear! I am so very happy for you, now get to dancing GIRL...God Bless you always! Happy Thanksgiving!
    Beth
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Wonderful!
    Fabulous! I know you're on air with this news. Just what you need right before Thanksgiving. Dance naked, eat lots of good food, and ENJOY!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    tootsie1 said:

Wonderful!
    Fabulous! I know you're on air with this news. Just what you need right before Thanksgiving. Dance naked, eat lots of good food, and ENJOY!

*hugs*
    Gail

Yeah Kathi!
    You are my hero and my hope. I am so much better for having known you. You help me more than you know. Congratulations!

Vicki
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    You go, Girl!
    I am so happy for you! The other "C" word is something that seems so far in the future when we are diagnosed that we hardly dare think of it. This is a truly wonderful thing to be grateful for.

Hugs,
    Kirsten
  • krystiesq
    krystiesq Member Posts: 240 Member
    AWESOME!!!
    And just in time for the holiday that reminds you to be thankful for what you have!
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    CURED!!!!!!!!!
    That is really awesome news Kathi! Especially with the fact that you have had it particularly rough! It really gives hope to us all! I have to echo that I really enjoy seeing your posts and hope that you will continue to come here to give the rest of us hope!
    mary
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Thanks, everyone...I'm dancing!!!
    Thank you all, my family, for your comments.

I raced home to share with you all...not many outside of here understand how BIG this news is...especially since both of my cancers were already in the lymph system.

Hugs to you all...and wishes that soon ALL of us will hear this 'other' C-word!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    KathiM said:

Thanks, everyone...I'm dancing!!!
    Thank you all, my family, for your comments.

I raced home to share with you all...not many outside of here understand how BIG this news is...especially since both of my cancers were already in the lymph system.

Hugs to you all...and wishes that soon ALL of us will hear this 'other' C-word!

Hugs, Kathi

Naked Dancin'
    Kathi...Dancin' naked for ya and lovin' it..............congrats to ya girl !!!!!
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Great News!
    Hi Kathi,

You do have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing your news of your NEDNESS!!!

Hugs,

Kay
  • JoyceCanada
    JoyceCanada Member Posts: 134
    Kanort said:

Great News!
    Hi Kathi,

You do have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing your news of your NEDNESS!!!

Hugs,

Kay

Whahoo! Congratulations
    Whahoo! Congratulations this is wonderful news. I'm doing the "happy" dance for you.
    Hugs
    joyce
  • trainer
    trainer Member Posts: 241
    BZ to you
    Somehow I missed your good news message, so from this old salt, I offer a BZ, or BRAVO ZULU to you. That's naval signal flag code shorthand for WELL DONE!

And what a great time to get the news.
  • sladich
    sladich Member Posts: 429 Member
    Congratulations
    Kathi,

Congrats on your NED. We missed you in SF. Take care and celebrate!

Debbie