Options
2»

Comments

• dasspears
    dasspears Member Posts: 227
    Options
    LSAULS said:

ANAL CANAL CANCER
    I just joined the stie and was surprised how few posts on anal cancer. Mine is newly diagnosed. I get my port tomororrow and will start on Mitimycin and 5 FU for 6 weeks. I've got a great team at MD Anderson here in Orlando.

I do understand the embarasement part of this. Not fun having your "exit only" site turned into an "in ramp" on the expressway!

I'm scared of the side effects and scared I won't be able to work and keep up the payments on my home.

I intend to keep reading and watching. Prayers are always appreciated.

Linda

Anal Cancer
    There is another discussion group dealing just with anal cancer under Rare Cancers. You might read that also.
  • dasspears
    Options
    Starleen said:

"Colorectal" Cancer
    Mine was low in the colon, DX Feb 2007. Radiation, chemo, surgery. 1 Lymph node was dirty, so I went through 6 months of Folfox. All of it was pretty rough.

I'm clean so far, but it does have its price. I wonder if I'll make it to the 5 year mark--and I mean "make it" as far as no recurrence. I have no intention of dying. It changes you, though. I used to think there were no monsters hiding under the bed. Now I know there are, and the difference is now I think about kicking their **** versus being afraid.

Where there's a monster, there's a miracle, and that miracle has to be you. You're a warrior now.

Warriors
    Cancer warriors are special people!! Tomorrow marks my one-year anniversary from treatment for anal cancer.
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    dasspears said:

Warriors
    Cancer warriors are special people!! Tomorrow marks my one-year anniversary from treatment for anal cancer.

congratulations!
    Celebrate your anniversary!
    mary
  • dasspears
    Options
    msccolon said:

congratulations!
    Celebrate your anniversary!
    mary

Celebrate
    I plan on doing just that!!!