Erbitux / Vectibix 0% effective??

Options
2»

Comments

• fen
    fen Member Posts: 1
    Options

That's interesting. I know one guy who responded well on the erbitux like your husband did. The three (including myself) in our colon cancer support group that have been stage 4 for 5-7 years (if I make another month it will be 5 years) have responded well to Avastin and not Erbitux....but that is just a small group of three.

Please understand that I didn't mean that Erbitux and Vectibix was 0% effective for everyone....just the 43% with the KRAS mutation. I feel certain that your husband doesn't have the KRAS mutation.

I understand that there are 7 known "pathways" for colon cancer to get new blood supplies for growth.....The VEGF (Avastin) and the EGFR (erbitux/vectibix) each block one pathway...So that leaves 5 other pathways untouched so the cancer eventually finds a way around the current drugs....

This stuff is no wimpy Lance Armstrong testicular cancer that can actually be CURED with cancer drugs.

Sorry you can't get Vectibix in Canada....All the literature on the Avastin says that it works for only about 11 months...but I have been on it for about 2.5 years, getting off once in a while due to low platelets. It seems to be losing it's effectiveness, but it still appears to be helping slow it down.

I haven't read a lot on this site for a while. Is your husband still on Erbitux? It may still be effective to some extent if it worked that well for 6 months.

I am currently using ammonium tetrathiomolybdate (TM) that chelates copper from the body and thus limits how much blood vessel growth is available for the cancer (in theory). In addition, I take 65 grams of vitamin C intravenously once or twice each week.

Not sure how much each helps, but I'm trying SOMETHING and plan to go down swinging.

If you are interested in learning more about the TM, I can refer you to a good, concise web site...I have taken this stuff for about 2.5 years and there is no apparent side effects and it doesn't make you feel bad at all.

The conventional FDA approved poisons don't seem to be helping much anymore.

About TM

Hi I'm a Chinese girl, I'm very interested in your TM informaton coz in China there are only two methods of targeted theropies. As my father has been using erbitux, Avastin is the only hope for us once resistence shows up. 

I've been searching on TM yesterday but there's little information about its usage in cancer, the dosage, the way to use it, other needed protection, etc.

So, if you ever see this, please kindly send me your refference, that maight be a great help for our family.

Thank you.

/fen

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    fen said:

About TM

Hi I'm a Chinese girl, I'm very interested in your TM informaton coz in China there are only two methods of targeted theropies. As my father has been using erbitux, Avastin is the only hope for us once resistence shows up. 

I've been searching on TM yesterday but there's little information about its usage in cancer, the dosage, the way to use it, other needed protection, etc.

So, if you ever see this, please kindly send me your refference, that maight be a great help for our family.

Thank you.

/fen

Old post

Hello Fen

This is a VERY old post started in 2007.  I don't recognise any of the memebers who have posted here, so they probably won't be able to answer.

You may want to start a brand new thread with your question. Here is the link to the forum home page  http://csn.cancer.org/forum/128

Good luck!