Where are you all from?

Options

Comments

• debw
    debw Member Posts: 99
    Options
    Great idea. I'm now living in American Falls,ID. Moved up here from Orem,UT to make a fruit and veggie farm market (husband's dream). Originally from Monongahela, PA (SWest). I teach Middle School. Debw
  • debw
    debw Member Posts: 99
    Options
    After reading the entries thought I would add medical info. I had stage 3 invasive lobular with less than 5 nodes (they were clumped together so they guessed) Finished treatment Oct 2000. Am on our friend tamoxifen. I walk lopsided but been thinking of getting the other one off. Don't want reconstruction (I'm 52) Deb
  • confused
    confused Member Posts: 51
    Options
    HI
    My name is Diane,I am 34,I have been married forever,I am a mother of 2 children, daughter who just turned 13 and a son who will be 7 in may.
    I found this web-site just over a yr ago while looking for B.C.information for my mom (and myself). She's a 2-time survivor (6yrs apart). I live in south eastern michigan, and she lives in Va. I spent a lot of time traveling "cross country" this past year.
    However, she's going to come visit us at easter.....Which I thank the Lord for her
    being able to do so.
    Anyhow, I haven't told anyone this, but I have to go back for a re-check mammo next month.
    Hopefully everything will check out.
    Thanks Susan for asking such a great question, I learned a lot about the women here.
    God Bless you all,
    Love,
    Diane
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    Options
    confused said:

HI
    My name is Diane,I am 34,I have been married forever,I am a mother of 2 children, daughter who just turned 13 and a son who will be 7 in may.
    I found this web-site just over a yr ago while looking for B.C.information for my mom (and myself). She's a 2-time survivor (6yrs apart). I live in south eastern michigan, and she lives in Va. I spent a lot of time traveling "cross country" this past year.
    However, she's going to come visit us at easter.....Which I thank the Lord for her
    being able to do so.
    Anyhow, I haven't told anyone this, but I have to go back for a re-check mammo next month.
    Thanks Susan for asking such a great question, I learned a lot about the women here.
    God Bless you all,
    Love,
    Diane

I am a 41 year old mother of a 20 year old son, who is truly my HERO. My son came up out of the teen dust to become such a wonderful young man, he is all a mother could of hoped for. I have been in the manufactoring industry for over 25 years. I had a grandmother who made me all too aware of breast cancer and like others always watched for it. I was 37 at diagnosis with stage 3 with 11 out of 21 nodes positive. I have to wonder if the first lump had been detected as cancer would I be still having so many problems. I have not been too well since Sept and have been doing all I can since then to have my health issues addressed, one of these days we will get to the bottom of it. I haven't posted much lately because my posts would be still the same, hoping for some relief from all I am dealing with. I have read some of your posts and this has been a welcomed change.
    I hope that we can work something out for a chat that everyone can benefit from. I just have seen how good chats can be for support.
    Best wishes and love,
    Tara
  • cat1switzerland
    cat1switzerland Member Posts: 112
    Options
    susanpecq said:

My name is Sue Jacob and I live just west of Paris, France in a small town called Le Pecq.
    I'm 50 and was diagnosed with breast cancer last November only weeks after finally quitting a very stressful job as Peoplesoft Manager for an international telecommunications company in Paris. I'm American but have been living in France for the past 25 years with my French husband Jacques. I was born in Germany (father in the army) and have lived in England, Japan, Belgium and Gabon (Africa) in addition to a few years in the US of A.We have three children, ages 20, 17 and 13. I had lots of projects lined up once I quit work but those are on hold while I complete 4 chemeo sessions, another operation (to get what they didn't get the first time round) and then six weeks radiation. I love golfing (also on hold for a while),reading, puttering around our Japanese garden and playing bridge. I've recently started teaching bridge too. The first chemeo session went pretty well, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the remaining ones will go as smoothly.
    This site and the people who use it, have been an incredible source of support and advice for me. I think you're all so very brave and upbeat. Also, reading what others have gone through makes me feel less alone and gives me courage to go and beat this nasty business!!
    Sue

Bonjour voisine !
    Bonjour Sue !

It is really a small world : I lived in Conflans for a few years, Le Pecq was not very far... I also lived in different countries, I guess when two cultures get married they are eager to discover even more cultures !

Take good care of yourself, and if you come anywhere near Switzerland, by all means let me know !

Love and big hugs,
    Cathy
  • cat1switzerland
    Options

Hi! I'm 38 and a social worker in Pell City, Alabama. I was 37 when I was descovered I had breast cancer. Since I have a long family history of breast cancer, I've always thought of it as "when will it happen" instead of "if it will". I had a bi-lateral mastectomy in august of 2001, chemo from October2001 to February 2002, and am now undergoing the process of reconstruction. I have also found two more suspicious masses in what is left of my breast so I'm going for a 2nd opinion tomorrow.

I am amazed you could think of bc as "when" it will happen ! Wow ! You are brave ! The best of luck with the second opinion you are getting. Hopefully it is just scar tissues or internal stitches that get inflamed before they dissolve...

Big hugs,
    Cathy
  • comom
    comom Member Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    My name is Trina and I am from Denver, Colorado. I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer on Sept 11, 2001. My diagnosis was DCIS and LCIS. I am 38 years old with two children, ages 4 and 6. After several failed attempts to get clean margins, I opted for a double mastectomy with immediate reconstruction. I had my final surgery last Monday!!! I am a programmer analyst by trade, specializing in database design. I am very greatful to have found this site. It is nice to know that no matter what degree of treatment we have all gone through, there is someone here to lend support. Thanks to all of you for your words of wisdom and prayers!
    Trina
  • cat1switzerland
    Options
    confused said:

HI
    being able to do so.
    God Bless you all,
    Love,
    Diane

Hi Diane,

It is so cute to say you've been married forever ! I have been married for 16 years, I guess that's "forever" too, then !

We will all pray that your re-check comes out great, let us know as soon as you get the results !

Big hugs to you and your Mom,
    Cathy
  • kat02
    kat02 Member Posts: 76
    Options
    Hi Sue,

What a great idea. I just turned 34 on February 26, Yeah!. I live in North Carolina. My husband, Tom, and I will be married for 8 years in August. We have 8 cats (Simon, Wagner, Tchaikovsky, Theodore, Bach, Spock, Maya, and Picasso) and a rabbit (Groucho). They are really just like children. My husband teaches Political Science/Pre Law at a local university. This is the longest that I have lived away from the east coast (Eastern Shore of Virginia, N.C. Coast and Florida). I really miss the water. I love to sail. I have also lived in Washington D.C. and Richmond, but was closer to the ocean at those locations. My long term goal is for us to be able to live in Florida. My brother and his wife live in England. I always wanted to have children so I am hoping that we can become foster parents once my health situation is stabilized.

Kat
  • mrsbe
    mrsbe Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Im the adopted one of the room.....Im 35 and I had Brain Cancer. I was diagnosed in March of 2000 and had a form of bone cancer one the base of my skull that had grown up and around the left side of my brain and rested ever so nicely on the brain stem......i had a crainitomy in May of 2000 then proton beam therapy at Harvard University for 3 months. I live in WV and have worked for the Legislature for 12 years doing bill drafting. I came back to work in May of 2001 just short of the one year marker from surgury. Im married a wonderful man 8 years ago. He owns a computer shop and does service sales repair networks and that type of thing. We dont have any children but would love to .

MrsBe
  • jmears
    jmears Member Posts: 266
    Options
    lucy said:

Hi Jamie - I was just reading your post here and see you live in Frederick, Md. Our daughter lived there for quite a few years, and moved to Hagerstown two years ago. Anyhow, her and her husband both still work in Frederick at the Frederick Memorial Hospital. You know where that is? It is a small world we are all living in, and seems to get smaller every day. God Bless, Lucy

Lucy
    I sure do know Frederick Memorial Hospital. Th FMH organization is fantastic. Frederick has organized it's medical services so well it is amazing. I have had excellent care and experiences from all my Doctors in Frederick and the Hospital and affiliated facilities. And yes ... it is a small world. Jamie
  • judyd
    judyd Member Posts: 124
    Options
    Susan,
    I think this was a great idea. I am a little late with mine. I haven't been on here in a couple of weeks. My name is Judy. I am 47 years old. I have a wonderful husband who has been so supportive through all of this. We have a daughter & a son, both grown. We have three beautiful grandaughters. Our son & his wife are expecting thier first baby in May. We live in Bowie,TX about 70 miles NW of Ft. Worth. I am a homemaker at the time. My husband drives a truck out of Dallas & has no schedule. It is nice to be able to be home when he is off. I also go to Ft. Worth where our daughter lives to help out with our grandaughters or just spent time with them. I was diagnosed with BC in Oct. 2000. I had a mastectomy in Dec.2000. I had tubular carcinoma. I did not have to have chemo or radiation. I am on tamoxifen. March 1st I started my reconstruction. I had the latissimus dorci flap with an expander. I went back yesterday & got my last drain out & got my first injection of saline in the expander. I will have two more injections then it will be left in place for a few months. At that time the expander will be taken out & the implant put in. Quit a process but it will be worth it. Judy
  • murphy
    murphy Member Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wonderful idea Sue!! Hi, I am an "ole timer"...it has been awhile since I have posted anything, but I still check in frequently and read the posts. Murphy is my nickname, my real name is Martha, I am 44 yrs old, I live in a small town in Western PA, and I am a 2 year & 8 month survivor of breast cancer. I have been married for 25 wonderful years and have 2 grown sons, wonderful ones I might add..:-) My husband and I have our own used car sales. I have spent many hours on CSN in the past and think it is a great support site, and have made some really good friends here. Murphy
  • susanpecq
    susanpecq Member Posts: 14
    Options

Bonjour voisine !
    Bonjour Sue !

It is really a small world : I lived in Conflans for a few years, Le Pecq was not very far... I also lived in different countries, I guess when two cultures get married they are eager to discover even more cultures !

Take good care of yourself, and if you come anywhere near Switzerland, by all means let me know !

Love and big hugs,
    Cathy

Bonjour Cathy,
    I really should look at this site more often. My 13 year old son hogs the computer playing Counter Strike for hours so it's hard to get on. We're right on the river and once took a bateau mouche from Le Pecq to Conflans . Conflans is a pretty little town. Should I plan a trip to Switzerland I will definitely get in touch with you. I have a very good American friend who lives near Gruy
  • Bugnana
    Bugnana Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Where I am from
    Hello Sue and everyone else,

I am from New Mexico. 47 yr old woman, traveled the world with the Air Force and decided I would stay in the land of Enchantment where it is warm 365 days of the year. Right it is snowing as I type. I am a life time voulenteer with ACS and also worked as a Community Director until my cancer came back and brought with it too much pain for a day out on the Relay trail. I sure hope I hear from others, and Merry Christmas.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Bugnana said:

Where I am from
    Hello Sue and everyone else,

I am from New Mexico. 47 yr old woman, traveled the world with the Air Force and decided I would stay in the land of Enchantment where it is warm 365 days of the year. Right it is snowing as I type. I am a life time voulenteer with ACS and also worked as a Community Director until my cancer came back and brought with it too much pain for a day out on the Relay trail. I sure hope I hear from others, and Merry Christmas.

where are you from
    Hi I am Julia, from Port Colborne near Niagara Falls in Canada 'eh? I moved here from lincolnshire England 6 years ago. I was Diagnosed Nov 2007 Breast cancer, stage 4, 13 nodes removed and lumpectomy. Then 7 month of FEC/Taxotare Chemo, then 3 weeks Radiation. Now on the tamoxifen, doing OK I think. I have an oncologist who doesn't answer questions...."I dunno..I Dunno..Look it up on the net...I'm a busy man now get the hell outta my office, Ah Here's a kick up the arse to help you along" lol, I sure look forward to my appointments with HIM.. I live "Over the Broom" with chuck who it totally mad but the love of my life, we sure have a volatile relationship at the mo. I have one son Jamie 14, Gorgeous, we have a hobby farm, just got rid of the horses as I am too ill to do anything with 'em. we have a great dog, a very demanding cat, and a pet chicken & Tropical fish. I love gardening and had my own landscaping business and greenhouses in England. OK YOU CAN WAKE UP NOW........Love to all Julia XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

where are you from
    Hi I am Julia, from Port Colborne near Niagara Falls in Canada 'eh? I moved here from lincolnshire England 6 years ago. I was Diagnosed Nov 2007 Breast cancer, stage 4, 13 nodes removed and lumpectomy. Then 7 month of FEC/Taxotare Chemo, then 3 weeks Radiation. Now on the tamoxifen, doing OK I think. I have an oncologist who doesn't answer questions...."I dunno..I Dunno..Look it up on the net...I'm a busy man now get the hell outta my office, Ah Here's a kick up the arse to help you along" lol, I sure look forward to my appointments with HIM.. I live "Over the Broom" with chuck who it totally mad but the love of my life, we sure have a volatile relationship at the mo. I have one son Jamie 14, Gorgeous, we have a hobby farm, just got rid of the horses as I am too ill to do anything with 'em. we have a great dog, a very demanding cat, and a pet chicken & Tropical fish. I love gardening and had my own landscaping business and greenhouses in England. OK YOU CAN WAKE UP NOW........Love to all Julia XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

where are you from?
    Hi. I'm 34-years old and grew up in the snows of Michigan. I moved to Washington DC in 2001 to attend law school. My boyfriend moved with me, and we married in 2002. We bought a small condo in Alexandria, VA in 2004 and had a great life together until last month when I was diagnosed. It has been very up and down since then. He is my absolute rock and savior. I truly don't know where I would be without him. My challege now is to try to enjoy life, and get on with the business of living. Anyway, it is great to be on this site and hear all your inspiring stories. I hope I am one of those stories one day.
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    mimivac said:

where are you from?
    Hi. I'm 34-years old and grew up in the snows of Michigan. I moved to Washington DC in 2001 to attend law school. My boyfriend moved with me, and we married in 2002. We bought a small condo in Alexandria, VA in 2004 and had a great life together until last month when I was diagnosed. It has been very up and down since then. He is my absolute rock and savior. I truly don't know where I would be without him. My challege now is to try to enjoy life, and get on with the business of living. Anyway, it is great to be on this site and hear all your inspiring stories. I hope I am one of those stories one day.

You already are, Mimi!
    You already are, Mimi! love, Joyce
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

where are you from

Julia, what a fun person you
    Julia, what a fun person you are! Thanks for writing (and give your onc a dirty look for me) love, Joyce
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options

You already are, Mimi!
    You already are, Mimi! love, Joyce

Thanks, Joyce
    I sure feel like a basket-case though!