DIET Post removed !!

245

Comments

  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866
    PGLGreg said:

    What I don't understand is
    What I don't understand is this idea that if you disagree with a post, you have a right to prevent other people from reading it.

    --Greg

    The only right (or option) we have Greg
    is to flag the post for the administrators. They decide what is or is not allowed, not us. We have no control over that at all. I don't think it's good to let every post stay up when it's not something that is completely true. I would like to think Joe was well-intentioned but when a post is presented as his was (he can turn cancer off and on, he knows how to cure cancer, go to this place...) that's very misleading.

    I could write a post telling everyone to do exactly what I've done and that will cure them but that's not how cancer treatments work. One size does not fit all and I understand that. I don't try to persuade people to do what I do. If they ask what I've done, I tell them, warts and all.

    Pete and John23, I'd also like to see others who have taken Scouty and Emily's route with dealing with their cancers. I don't know why (or if) there are others. I would imagine there are. Why they are not posting is open for speculation.

    I could see a point where if what I've been doing stopped working or if things took a turn for the worse that I'd explore other options. For the time being, I can't see possibly breaking something that's not broken so I'm keeping with my protocol.
    -p
  • i know what you mean
    greg.
    But then we could flag the flag. And where would it stop.
    Its easier to let csn be the umpire.

    I have crossed a few lines. Some posts stay some go. Thats life. Its cool

    I could rewrite joes post as a story and pullout hot spots. His was a good story and its not that uncommon. I saved it offline as i knew it would go.

    I just wish all these cancer surviving vegans would stay and post here. If we had 50 scouty.s or emily how much more proof would people need. The proof is not just in the books or peoples claims its in the pudding. For me its meeting real life success stories on csn or in person.

    Hugs.
    Pete

    Where are all the vegan crc survivors ? They would be welcome here.

    This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064
    PhillieG said:

    The only right (or option) we have Greg
    is to flag the post for the administrators. They decide what is or is not allowed, not us. We have no control over that at all. I don't think it's good to let every post stay up when it's not something that is completely true. I would like to think Joe was well-intentioned but when a post is presented as his was (he can turn cancer off and on, he knows how to cure cancer, go to this place...) that's very misleading.

    I could write a post telling everyone to do exactly what I've done and that will cure them but that's not how cancer treatments work. One size does not fit all and I understand that. I don't try to persuade people to do what I do. If they ask what I've done, I tell them, warts and all.

    Pete and John23, I'd also like to see others who have taken Scouty and Emily's route with dealing with their cancers. I don't know why (or if) there are others. I would imagine there are. Why they are not posting is open for speculation.

    I could see a point where if what I've been doing stopped working or if things took a turn for the worse that I'd explore other options. For the time being, I can't see possibly breaking something that's not broken so I'm keeping with my protocol.
    -p

    It's not easy....
    Coming on these boards and sharing our "alternatives" because of this exact type of reaction...maybe that's why there are not more of "us" posting.

    Just a thought.

    peace, emily
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064
    unknown said:

    This comment has been removed by the Moderator

    Crazy Sexy Cancer
    Graci,

    I didn't see the original post, but from the description it sounds like the place that Kris Carr went to for help in healing from her incurable cancer. She has the most powerful testimony and wrote a book about it called Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips. It's a wonderful read, funny and inspiring and full of good info. Check it out.

    Having been on these boards for the better part of 9 1/2 years, I can venture to say that there is a consistent element that feels threatened by alternative medicine. Those of us who use it can often come across as evangelical (and obnoxious) in presentation because we are passionate about health and healing and get so despondent from the destruction (and dying) that happens with this disease and its medicines.

    Those of us who weather the (fire)storms remain for the greater good. For me personally it's not the pitbulls who scare me off, it's the depth of sadness of losing too many friends on here over the years. And losing friends make some of us even more determined to point in another direction, giving hope to those who may have reached a dead end and who may want to take their journeys down an alternate route.

    peace, emily
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624
    2bhealed said:

    Crazy Sexy Cancer
    Graci,

    I didn't see the original post, but from the description it sounds like the place that Kris Carr went to for help in healing from her incurable cancer. She has the most powerful testimony and wrote a book about it called Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips. It's a wonderful read, funny and inspiring and full of good info. Check it out.

    Having been on these boards for the better part of 9 1/2 years, I can venture to say that there is a consistent element that feels threatened by alternative medicine. Those of us who use it can often come across as evangelical (and obnoxious) in presentation because we are passionate about health and healing and get so despondent from the destruction (and dying) that happens with this disease and its medicines.

    Those of us who weather the (fire)storms remain for the greater good. For me personally it's not the pitbulls who scare me off, it's the depth of sadness of losing too many friends on here over the years. And losing friends make some of us even more determined to point in another direction, giving hope to those who may have reached a dead end and who may want to take their journeys down an alternate route.

    peace, emily

    Emily
    It is apparent you didn't read the post, and no, I don't think he was directing us to this wonderful utopia place, he was directing people to a Doctor that had lost his license and had a cocaine habit, that to this day you don't know if he still has the same habit, a doctor that the State of Arizona is trying to figure out how in the world they licensed him in their state.
    I have never said a thing against Pete's, yours or John23's postings, to each their own and sure it doesn't hurt to look at the other side of the coin. I've gone into discussions with John23, none of which were derogatory on my part I don't believe (can you back me up here John?) I read each of your stuff with interest, someday there maybe something I want to try.
    So I find it disheartening that you come on and accuse us who DID READ the post that promised to cure cancer of being a consistently scared element threatened by alternative medicine, I'm just not into cow food etc., and have NEVER said anything before about your choices. The post that was on, was a post that was inappropriate, it's a shame you didn't read it before commenting on our reaction to it.
    Winter Marie
  • Buckwirth
    Buckwirth Member Posts: 1,258
    2bhealed said:

    Crazy Sexy Cancer
    Graci,

    I didn't see the original post, but from the description it sounds like the place that Kris Carr went to for help in healing from her incurable cancer. She has the most powerful testimony and wrote a book about it called Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips. It's a wonderful read, funny and inspiring and full of good info. Check it out.

    Having been on these boards for the better part of 9 1/2 years, I can venture to say that there is a consistent element that feels threatened by alternative medicine. Those of us who use it can often come across as evangelical (and obnoxious) in presentation because we are passionate about health and healing and get so despondent from the destruction (and dying) that happens with this disease and its medicines.

    Those of us who weather the (fire)storms remain for the greater good. For me personally it's not the pitbulls who scare me off, it's the depth of sadness of losing too many friends on here over the years. And losing friends make some of us even more determined to point in another direction, giving hope to those who may have reached a dead end and who may want to take their journeys down an alternate route.

    peace, emily

    Kris Carr
    An inspirational story. According to Scientific American she went to Dana-Farber. Is there another place your thinking of?

    There is also a TV movie Crazy Sexy Cancer available on Netflix DVD for those who want to watch it.
  • SisterSledge
    SisterSledge Member Posts: 332
    PGLGreg said:

    What I don't understand is
    What I don't understand is this idea that if you disagree with a post, you have a right to prevent other people from reading it.

    --Greg

    indeed
    I never got to see the post that started this all. I did see mamy mean things written afterwards and mentions of what came before. And I saw how scambuster got treated over his black salve stuff...sad.

    I'll admit calling an **** an **** is harsh...there are only a few **** here and you know who you are and you know what you did was asshatness without me saying so. What I'm saying bluntly is that it should stop. I've only been coming to csn for about three months and this is at least the third time I"ve encountered major unpleasantness here. Can't we be better than this???
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624

    indeed
    I never got to see the post that started this all. I did see mamy mean things written afterwards and mentions of what came before. And I saw how scambuster got treated over his black salve stuff...sad.

    I'll admit calling an **** an **** is harsh...there are only a few **** here and you know who you are and you know what you did was asshatness without me saying so. What I'm saying bluntly is that it should stop. I've only been coming to csn for about three months and this is at least the third time I"ve encountered major unpleasantness here. Can't we be better than this???

    Not
    Well, I'm thinking not, as long as you keep calling people **** on here. Please don't do that anymore, if you must you can pm those of us who you deem **** and I consider that more acceptable, and then you wouldn't come across as mean spirited and judgmental.
  • SisterSledge
    SisterSledge Member Posts: 332

    Not
    Well, I'm thinking not, as long as you keep calling people **** on here. Please don't do that anymore, if you must you can pm those of us who you deem **** and I consider that more acceptable, and then you wouldn't come across as mean spirited and judgmental.

    me mean spirited?
    Ha! Not even close...judgmental? perhaps...at least, once my large supply of tolerance has been abused. The stuff going on here is ruining csn for what is meant...bringing people with cancer together for our betterment. After posting a comment here, I went back to the list and what do I see? A post that Roger has died...and I can't feel sympathy without also thinking of how much help Roger got here and perhaps others won't because they'll be scared away by the craptacular reception some people get if they say the wrong thing. And then I see a post from a newbie introducing themselves and I see others welcoming her and assuring what a great bunch of people they'll find here...and again I think, yeah, til they say the wrong thing. Tolerance, patience, kindness...less judging...I'm not the only one being judgmental.
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624

    me mean spirited?
    Ha! Not even close...judgmental? perhaps...at least, once my large supply of tolerance has been abused. The stuff going on here is ruining csn for what is meant...bringing people with cancer together for our betterment. After posting a comment here, I went back to the list and what do I see? A post that Roger has died...and I can't feel sympathy without also thinking of how much help Roger got here and perhaps others won't because they'll be scared away by the craptacular reception some people get if they say the wrong thing. And then I see a post from a newbie introducing themselves and I see others welcoming her and assuring what a great bunch of people they'll find here...and again I think, yeah, til they say the wrong thing. Tolerance, patience, kindness...less judging...I'm not the only one being judgmental.

    Yep
    Not going to respond any further to your mean spiritedness.
  • John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122

    Emily
    It is apparent you didn't read the post, and no, I don't think he was directing us to this wonderful utopia place, he was directing people to a Doctor that had lost his license and had a cocaine habit, that to this day you don't know if he still has the same habit, a doctor that the State of Arizona is trying to figure out how in the world they licensed him in their state.
    I have never said a thing against Pete's, yours or John23's postings, to each their own and sure it doesn't hurt to look at the other side of the coin. I've gone into discussions with John23, none of which were derogatory on my part I don't believe (can you back me up here John?) I read each of your stuff with interest, someday there maybe something I want to try.
    So I find it disheartening that you come on and accuse us who DID READ the post that promised to cure cancer of being a consistently scared element threatened by alternative medicine, I'm just not into cow food etc., and have NEVER said anything before about your choices. The post that was on, was a post that was inappropriate, it's a shame you didn't read it before commenting on our reaction to it.
    Winter Marie

    Winter Marie
    I love ya' kid! You know that!

    You can call me an **** anytime!
    (I long to be in good hands!)

    (by the way... oh, never mind)

    My best, of course!

    John
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624
    John23 said:

    Winter Marie
    I love ya' kid! You know that!

    You can call me an **** anytime!
    (I long to be in good hands!)

    (by the way... oh, never mind)

    My best, of course!

    John

    John23
    Love you too, hun, your know your in good hands when.... Oh never mind.
  • John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122

    me mean spirited?
    Ha! Not even close...judgmental? perhaps...at least, once my large supply of tolerance has been abused. The stuff going on here is ruining csn for what is meant...bringing people with cancer together for our betterment. After posting a comment here, I went back to the list and what do I see? A post that Roger has died...and I can't feel sympathy without also thinking of how much help Roger got here and perhaps others won't because they'll be scared away by the craptacular reception some people get if they say the wrong thing. And then I see a post from a newbie introducing themselves and I see others welcoming her and assuring what a great bunch of people they'll find here...and again I think, yeah, til they say the wrong thing. Tolerance, patience, kindness...less judging...I'm not the only one being judgmental.

    craptacular, et al

    That is not only great coined verbiage,
    it describes my marriage perfectly!

    Hey... seriously....

    Joe's initial post was really, really grating. It sounded like an ad,
    not just helpful advice. I read it and wondered if CSN was accepting
    infomercials to raise some cash...

    On one hand, I feel bad for poor 'ol Joey, but on the other hand
    it was not a very good attempt to be helpful.

    I logged on CSN years back, and didn't post again for quite some time.
    I got a real whooping, just like Joey.

    But a guy here, that is more like a long-lost brother now, had given me
    some insight regarding just how insulting my "help" appeared to most
    others here.

    We all believe that what we are doing in our fight against cancer is the
    "best way". That's part of human element; the psychology. But we all
    also have serious doubts about our choices. The last thing we want to
    read, is someone denouncing what we are doing, or especially our belief
    in what we are doing.

    The really odd part that most here fail to comprehend, is that those of us
    that had the courage to make our own choices, rather than accept the
    cancer industries choices, have been thrashed unmercifully in the past.

    I'd like to believe that I had some sort of a role in bringing people out
    of the closet regarding all alternative choices. Both Emily (2bhealed),
    and Lisa (scouty) have taken time to join discussions where individuals
    ask what else there is, besides chemo and radiation.

    Joe started his own thread, and came out too strong. He raised the wrath
    of most everyone here, with exception to those of us that understand the
    delicate nature of what can, and can not be said without being castrated.

    The fuss and anger wasn't totally without warrant, and the administrator
    apparently agreed. That actually, should be the proof of the pudding.

    I guess you would have to read the original thread to fully see what
    happened. That's not possible now, so if you would..... trust me...
    the mob scene wasn't totally ill-founded. (BTDT)

    Best of health to youse all!

    John
  • SisterSledge
    SisterSledge Member Posts: 332
    John23 said:

    craptacular, et al

    That is not only great coined verbiage,
    it describes my marriage perfectly!

    Hey... seriously....

    Joe's initial post was really, really grating. It sounded like an ad,
    not just helpful advice. I read it and wondered if CSN was accepting
    infomercials to raise some cash...

    On one hand, I feel bad for poor 'ol Joey, but on the other hand
    it was not a very good attempt to be helpful.

    I logged on CSN years back, and didn't post again for quite some time.
    I got a real whooping, just like Joey.

    But a guy here, that is more like a long-lost brother now, had given me
    some insight regarding just how insulting my "help" appeared to most
    others here.

    We all believe that what we are doing in our fight against cancer is the
    "best way". That's part of human element; the psychology. But we all
    also have serious doubts about our choices. The last thing we want to
    read, is someone denouncing what we are doing, or especially our belief
    in what we are doing.

    The really odd part that most here fail to comprehend, is that those of us
    that had the courage to make our own choices, rather than accept the
    cancer industries choices, have been thrashed unmercifully in the past.

    I'd like to believe that I had some sort of a role in bringing people out
    of the closet regarding all alternative choices. Both Emily (2bhealed),
    and Lisa (scouty) have taken time to join discussions where individuals
    ask what else there is, besides chemo and radiation.

    Joe started his own thread, and came out too strong. He raised the wrath
    of most everyone here, with exception to those of us that understand the
    delicate nature of what can, and can not be said without being castrated.

    The fuss and anger wasn't totally without warrant, and the administrator
    apparently agreed. That actually, should be the proof of the pudding.

    I guess you would have to read the original thread to fully see what
    happened. That's not possible now, so if you would..... trust me...
    the mob scene wasn't totally ill-founded. (BTDT)

    Best of health to youse all!

    John

    trust
    Funny you mention trust, John...you see, I think much of my response to the "mob" mentality shown here today is that I like to think that csn is a safe place...somewhere we can come and be with our own kind, where we'll be understood, put up with, you know...like family. Yet, in my family abuse was rampant...physical, verbal, sexual...it was all there and very painful to live through. I hate having trust violated...and I do want to trust y'all...I really do :(
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624

    trust
    Funny you mention trust, John...you see, I think much of my response to the "mob" mentality shown here today is that I like to think that csn is a safe place...somewhere we can come and be with our own kind, where we'll be understood, put up with, you know...like family. Yet, in my family abuse was rampant...physical, verbal, sexual...it was all there and very painful to live through. I hate having trust violated...and I do want to trust y'all...I really do :(

    Mob mentality
    give me a break
  • Mob mentality
    give me a break

    This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900
    unknown said:

    This comment has been removed by the Moderator

    csn is a place of love and healing. The post is gone!!!
    its in the past, forget it, forgive and live today.
    we loose enough to crc,

    enough is enough.

    hugs,

    pete
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111
    unknown said:

    This comment has been removed by the Moderator

    Graci:
    He was not a new poster. He joined last December. Before his post was pulled I tried to look up his old posts and they were all gone. If I am not mistaken, and I may be, the only people who can delete discussion groups is CSN.

    Tina
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111

    me mean spirited?
    Ha! Not even close...judgmental? perhaps...at least, once my large supply of tolerance has been abused. The stuff going on here is ruining csn for what is meant...bringing people with cancer together for our betterment. After posting a comment here, I went back to the list and what do I see? A post that Roger has died...and I can't feel sympathy without also thinking of how much help Roger got here and perhaps others won't because they'll be scared away by the craptacular reception some people get if they say the wrong thing. And then I see a post from a newbie introducing themselves and I see others welcoming her and assuring what a great bunch of people they'll find here...and again I think, yeah, til they say the wrong thing. Tolerance, patience, kindness...less judging...I'm not the only one being judgmental.

    Siser Sledge:
    He was not a newbie or a new poster. He has been around for six months and it was not his first post.

    Tina
  • mukamom
    mukamom Member Posts: 402

    csn is a place of love and healing. The post is gone!!!
    its in the past, forget it, forgive and live today.
    we loose enough to crc,

    enough is enough.

    hugs,

    pete

    I second Pete
    I have followed this since ol Joe posted. I dismissed it as being a scam, perhaps it was not. But it is gone and it is past time to let it rest. Not worth all the bickering going on. We are here for support, not to attack each other.


    War is not healthy
    for children
    and other
    living
    things.

    Best to all

    Angela