Mar 17, 2013 - 1:21 pm
My wife was diagnosed with stage 2 grade 3 IDC and completed 4 round of A/C followed by 4 rounds of Taxol. Her tumors shrunk by over 50% and the one lymph node which showed up as affected on the ultrsound has returned to normal size. She was scheduled to have a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction at her 6 week mark after her last chemo treatment. Her surgery would have been this past friday(3-15-13) . On 3-12, she was called by her plastic surgon and said she would be unavailable for her surgery date and would not be available until 3-29-13, which puts her at 8 weeks post chemo. Of course she and I are both hystericalabout this, her surgical oncologist said this would be OK and she has no concers about pushing the surgery to 8 weeks post chemo. Any thoughts or advice on this would greatly help. She is going to the Univ of VA cancer center and we trust her surg Onc but this just seems like a long time to wait after chemo. Thanks all.