CSN Login
Members Online: 10

You are here

4+ year HNC survivor with neighbor/friend w/PC

jkinobay's picture
Posts: 256
Joined: May 2007

Have a neighbor/friend who is 4 years into PC. Has had surgery, rads, etc. PSA has spiked again recently and Urologist recommends seeing a Chemo Oncologist. Probably an elementary question, but what is the most common and hopefully most effective chemo cocktail used in a similar situation? Really appreciate your help. JK

VascodaGama's picture
Posts: 3368
Joined: Nov 2010

I recommend you to share more details on your friend's ststus (age, symptoms, tests, etc.) if you want to get viable advice.
Thje traditional chemo drug is Docetaxel, however, newer drugs may be enough to him.
Here is a site on the drug;

You can check here for similar suggestions;

Good luck to your friend.

jkinobay's picture
Posts: 256
Joined: May 2007

I will talk to him and get more info. He can surely use the help of all of you folks who have "been there, done that". Thanks again. I'll get more info and get back to you. JK

Subscribe to Comments for "4+ year HNC survivor with neighbor/friend w/PC"