PET scan

Hi It's been a year since my last PET scan. It's Wed. with results this Thursday. My mind is imaging all sorts of things. I am pretty upbeat but I am becoming anxious. I hate feeling that way. I am not ready to be sick again. I love feeling good and being normal. Sorry I am rambling. Joanie
«1

Comments

  • jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Warm thoughts
    Sending positive thoughts your way :).
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    Feeling good and being normal
    Hi Joanie,

    First, I love your new picture. You look so happy. What a great smile.

    I will be thinking very positive thoughts on Wed and Thur. As you know, my mind has been doing all kinds of crazy things lately. I too hate that feeling.

    With your great smile and Jim's great humor, imagine if we could bottle it and sell to the masses.

    Anyway, stay strong, keep feeling good and being normal.

    Peaceful healing
    Lisha
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    Good thoughts...
    Hi Joanie,
    Positive good thoughts coming your way. Dang scans always get us so anxious. Glad you get your results the next day and don't have to wait. Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    I hear that!
    I think it's so natural to feel that way! Any time I don't feel right I think the worst.... positive thought's on the scan Vinny
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043
    vinny59 said:

    I hear that!
    I think it's so natural to feel that way! Any time I don't feel right I think the worst.... positive thought's on the scan Vinny

    Vibes, vibes, vibes
    I'll also be thinking about us both. I get my results Thursday too!

    Good vibes coming your way!
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    dixiegirl said:

    Vibes, vibes, vibes
    I'll also be thinking about us both. I get my results Thursday too!

    Good vibes coming your way!

    Be sure to share!
    Everyone getting scans this week be sure to come here and post the GOOD news! Inquiring minds want to know!!! ha! Good luck to EVERYONE!!!! Much love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

    Joanie...Love the new picture...it just showed up on my computer this morning. You look so very happy! Sue
  • jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    SCANdalous week I guess ? :)
    Gosh, I'm so crazy ;).

    Good luck to everyone! Kick some cancer butt!
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    dixiegirl said:

    Vibes, vibes, vibes
    I'll also be thinking about us both. I get my results Thursday too!

    Good vibes coming your way!

    Beth
    We are going to both have good results. We are!


    We are! prayers and hugs Beth, Joanie
    We are!!
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    dixiegirl said:

    Vibes, vibes, vibes
    I'll also be thinking about us both. I get my results Thursday too!

    Good vibes coming your way!

    Beth
    We are going to both have good results. We are!


    We are! prayers and hugs Beth, Joanie
    We are!!
  • catwink22
    catwink22 Member Posts: 281
    jimwins said:

    SCANdalous week I guess ? :)
    Gosh, I'm so crazy ;).

    Good luck to everyone! Kick some cancer butt!

    Keeping with the theme
    Good Luck everyone!! I go in two weeks for my PET. I always seem to have pain in my hip a month before the scan, but it comes back clear. I had a BMB and a hip biopsy for a spot there, is it possible to have sympathy pains for yourself lol?
    Cat
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    forme said:

    Feeling good and being normal
    Hi Joanie,

    First, I love your new picture. You look so happy. What a great smile.

    I will be thinking very positive thoughts on Wed and Thur. As you know, my mind has been doing all kinds of crazy things lately. I too hate that feeling.

    With your great smile and Jim's great humor, imagine if we could bottle it and sell to the masses.

    Anyway, stay strong, keep feeling good and being normal.

    Peaceful healing
    Lisha

    Thanks
    Hi Lisha
    Thanks for you positive thoughts. The hair is defintly the chemo curl. I call it the electrical shock look:) Take care
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    catwink22 said:

    Keeping with the theme
    Good Luck everyone!! I go in two weeks for my PET. I always seem to have pain in my hip a month before the scan, but it comes back clear. I had a BMB and a hip biopsy for a spot there, is it possible to have sympathy pains for yourself lol?
    Cat

    Sympathy pains
    Hi Cat
    I have sympathy stomach pain, etc.etc. I felt great till this week. When was your last PET? I just want it over with and good results so I can celebrate. Let me know when you get your results. I will say prayers for you. I will post on Thursday night. Take care of yourself and that cute grandchild. My son and his wife just got a house in Orinda CA near San Fransisco and are moving there in 6 weeks. We live in Fl(2800 miles away) It makes us very sad but it is a great opportunity for them. I will miss them so much. We will go there and spend a month when we go. Our grandchildren are 9 and 7. Too young to move away from their Mi Mi and Chief:(
  • cookingirl
    cookingirl Member Posts: 183
    JoanieP said:

    Sympathy pains
    Hi Cat
    I have sympathy stomach pain, etc.etc. I felt great till this week. When was your last PET? I just want it over with and good results so I can celebrate. Let me know when you get your results. I will say prayers for you. I will post on Thursday night. Take care of yourself and that cute grandchild. My son and his wife just got a house in Orinda CA near San Fransisco and are moving there in 6 weeks. We live in Fl(2800 miles away) It makes us very sad but it is a great opportunity for them. I will miss them so much. We will go there and spend a month when we go. Our grandchildren are 9 and 7. Too young to move away from their Mi Mi and Chief:(

    PET scan
    HI JOanie - had your scan marked on my calendar and will be watching Thurs. for your post. Lots of prayers coming your way. Also LOVE your new pic! My hair was cute and curly when it began growing back in last April - now it's straight as a stick again so lucky you!

    Sorry about your family moving to San Fran but what a GREAT place to visit! We just returned last night from 10 days in CA - started in Santa Monica where daughter Mary lives and drove up the Big Sur coast. FABULOUS time and good for the soul! Great B&B's, food, Hearst Castle, wine tasting, etc. Now back to real life again with Rituxan treatment next Tuesday. Love, Fran
  • catwink22
    catwink22 Member Posts: 281
    JoanieP said:

    Sympathy pains
    Hi Cat
    I have sympathy stomach pain, etc.etc. I felt great till this week. When was your last PET? I just want it over with and good results so I can celebrate. Let me know when you get your results. I will say prayers for you. I will post on Thursday night. Take care of yourself and that cute grandchild. My son and his wife just got a house in Orinda CA near San Fransisco and are moving there in 6 weeks. We live in Fl(2800 miles away) It makes us very sad but it is a great opportunity for them. I will miss them so much. We will go there and spend a month when we go. Our grandchildren are 9 and 7. Too young to move away from their Mi Mi and Chief:(

    Seeing is believing?
    Hi Joanie!
    I will look for your post on Friday morning, sending lots of good wishes to you! Isn't it crazy that we have to have a picture tell us that we're doing okay? My last scan was in April, seems sooo long ago. I will have results on the following Tues the 11th, then I start my last Rituxan treatments (relief and disbelief). I'm sad for you to hear your son's family is moving to CA, but this is the age of technology! You can Skype and text and chat or twitter so they won't seem so far away. Not the same as being there I know, but it's the next best thing. I've never been to CA (I'm in CT) so it is a great opportunity for Mi Mi and Chief (luv that, I've never heard that before lol) too. Take care of yourself too!
    Cat
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043
    catwink22 said:

    Seeing is believing?
    Hi Joanie!
    I will look for your post on Friday morning, sending lots of good wishes to you! Isn't it crazy that we have to have a picture tell us that we're doing okay? My last scan was in April, seems sooo long ago. I will have results on the following Tues the 11th, then I start my last Rituxan treatments (relief and disbelief). I'm sad for you to hear your son's family is moving to CA, but this is the age of technology! You can Skype and text and chat or twitter so they won't seem so far away. Not the same as being there I know, but it's the next best thing. I've never been to CA (I'm in CT) so it is a great opportunity for Mi Mi and Chief (luv that, I've never heard that before lol) too. Take care of yourself too!
    Cat

    Well, did dentist and
    Well, did dentist and labwork yesterday, pet scan done today......Thank God for coffee!!

    Man I really hate the headache that comes with my scans. Darn coffee addiction is kicking my butt!

    I know I should be grateful, but I admit it...I am scared the transplant didn't work. Whew getting that sentence typed was hard. I know thoughts have the power to either make or break faith. But admitting fully my weakness is hard.

    What a day.
  • jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    dixiegirl said:

    Well, did dentist and
    Well, did dentist and labwork yesterday, pet scan done today......Thank God for coffee!!

    Man I really hate the headache that comes with my scans. Darn coffee addiction is kicking my butt!

    I know I should be grateful, but I admit it...I am scared the transplant didn't work. Whew getting that sentence typed was hard. I know thoughts have the power to either make or break faith. But admitting fully my weakness is hard.

    What a day.

    Congrats!
    I would never call you "weak" :).


    I'm Off for my neulasta shot... coming down off my prednisone I think
    finally - (did I hear a loud crash?) :).

    Wishing you the best!
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043
    jimwins said:

    Congrats!
    I would never call you "weak" :).


    I'm Off for my neulasta shot... coming down off my prednisone I think
    finally - (did I hear a loud crash?) :).

    Wishing you the best!

    Thanks
    Thanks Jim I appreciate your faith in me.

    Hope your shot goes well and no pain afterwards. I did neupogen shots during my transplant and bruised like crazy although not as much bone pain as what I thought would happen.

    Heck, I STILL bruise like a champion. I doubt that will get better but sometimes I look like someone has literally beat the crud out of me.

    Take care,
    Beth
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    dixiegirl said:

    Thanks
    Thanks Jim I appreciate your faith in me.

    Hope your shot goes well and no pain afterwards. I did neupogen shots during my transplant and bruised like crazy although not as much bone pain as what I thought would happen.

    Heck, I STILL bruise like a champion. I doubt that will get better but sometimes I look like someone has literally beat the crud out of me.

    Take care,
    Beth

    Betting
    Beth if I was a betting woman I would bet anything that your scan will be fine. You went though that ordeal to not EVER have it again. You will be fine. Headache after scan?? I was only in the scan for 12 minutes but I honestly thought they had to evacuate the building and they left me in there. I actually opened my eyes once. It was hard to know what to wear without looking like a freak in Florida. They told me to dress warm and no underwire bra which I had none of. So on a 90 dgress day I show up in jeans, braless, a shirt and a jacket. I am so ready to type REMISSION tomorrow after 3:30. I will be anxious to hear your declaration of REMISSION. Love Joanie
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573

    PET scan
    HI JOanie - had your scan marked on my calendar and will be watching Thurs. for your post. Lots of prayers coming your way. Also LOVE your new pic! My hair was cute and curly when it began growing back in last April - now it's straight as a stick again so lucky you!

    Sorry about your family moving to San Fran but what a GREAT place to visit! We just returned last night from 10 days in CA - started in Santa Monica where daughter Mary lives and drove up the Big Sur coast. FABULOUS time and good for the soul! Great B&B's, food, Hearst Castle, wine tasting, etc. Now back to real life again with Rituxan treatment next Tuesday. Love, Fran

    Fran
    Thanks so much Fran for praying for me. I am so happy you had such a wonderful time in CA. I know it was wonderful to leave the past year behind and just be a normal person. We went to a winery this summer too and I enjoyed tasting different wines. My husband was laughing at me because ater 5 tastes I was feeling a little loopy. I am a very cheap date:)
    The rituxin treatment is really easy. I do take 1500 mg of Glucosomine which does help the aches and our new tempurpedic was so worth it. My shoulder pain is so much better.
    My son and wife are flying now back from San Fran. Took them a week to find a rental. They still own property in Fl. It is a 5 bedroom and they had to pay $3200 a month but there were no places to rent in this area where the schools are the best. This was their only choice. The one they really lked a Dr offered to pay a year in advance.
    Take care . So glad you had a great break Love Joanie
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    catwink22 said:

    Seeing is believing?
    Hi Joanie!
    I will look for your post on Friday morning, sending lots of good wishes to you! Isn't it crazy that we have to have a picture tell us that we're doing okay? My last scan was in April, seems sooo long ago. I will have results on the following Tues the 11th, then I start my last Rituxan treatments (relief and disbelief). I'm sad for you to hear your son's family is moving to CA, but this is the age of technology! You can Skype and text and chat or twitter so they won't seem so far away. Not the same as being there I know, but it's the next best thing. I've never been to CA (I'm in CT) so it is a great opportunity for Mi Mi and Chief (luv that, I've never heard that before lol) too. Take care of yourself too!
    Cat

    Cat
    Yeah my husband did not want to be called grandpa . He picked Chief. He actually suggested I be called Pocahontas. Obviously I thought he was crazy and picked MiMi.