PET scan

2»

Comments

• JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    catwink22 said:

Seeing is believing?
    Hi Joanie!
    I will look for your post on Friday morning, sending lots of good wishes to you! Isn't it crazy that we have to have a picture tell us that we're doing okay? My last scan was in April, seems sooo long ago. I will have results on the following Tues the 11th, then I start my last Rituxan treatments (relief and disbelief). I'm sad for you to hear your son's family is moving to CA, but this is the age of technology! You can Skype and text and chat or twitter so they won't seem so far away. Not the same as being there I know, but it's the next best thing. I've never been to CA (I'm in CT) so it is a great opportunity for Mi Mi and Chief (luv that, I've never heard that before lol) too. Take care of yourself too!
    Cat

CT
    Cat I love Ct. We spent time in Mystic this summer. I was born in West Springfield Ma so that is close. My picture is from Lock 10 of the Erie Canal. We want to go there on the boat when I retire. I would retire after this year teaching if I wanted to eat beenie weenies three times a week:)
  • JoanieP
    catwink22 said:

Seeing is believing?
    Hi Joanie!
    I will look for your post on Friday morning, sending lots of good wishes to you! Isn't it crazy that we have to have a picture tell us that we're doing okay? My last scan was in April, seems sooo long ago. I will have results on the following Tues the 11th, then I start my last Rituxan treatments (relief and disbelief). I'm sad for you to hear your son's family is moving to CA, but this is the age of technology! You can Skype and text and chat or twitter so they won't seem so far away. Not the same as being there I know, but it's the next best thing. I've never been to CA (I'm in CT) so it is a great opportunity for Mi Mi and Chief (luv that, I've never heard that before lol) too. Take care of yourself too!
    Cat

CT
    Cat I love Ct. We spent time in Mystic this summer. I was born in West Springfield Ma so that is close. My picture is from Lock 10 of the Erie Canal. We want to go there on the boat when I retire. I would retire after this year teaching if I wanted to eat beenie weenies three times a week:)
  • JoanieP
    catwink22 said:

Seeing is believing?
    Hi Joanie!
    Cat

CT
  • JoanieP
    catwink22 said:

Seeing is believing?
    Hi Joanie!
    Cat

CT
    Warning if you are impatient you get multiple postings:)
  • catwink22
    catwink22 Member Posts: 281
    dixiegirl said:

Well, did dentist and
    Well, did dentist and labwork yesterday, pet scan done today......Thank God for coffee!!

Man I really hate the headache that comes with my scans. Darn coffee addiction is kicking my butt!

I know I should be grateful, but I admit it...I am scared the transplant didn't work. Whew getting that sentence typed was hard. I know thoughts have the power to either make or break faith. But admitting fully my weakness is hard.

What a day.

Not weak
    Hi Beth!
    Courage is not weakness, that took a lot for you to state your fear. And it's even harder to see it staring back at you after you've typed the words. Remember there can be no courage unless you're scared. I'm scared too and I think that's part of the journey. It makes us fight and pushes us to endure things we never thought we could. And that cup of coffee definitely helps too!! Hope your day is getting brighter!
    Cat
  • catwink22
    catwink22 Member Posts: 281
    JoanieP said:

CT
    Warning if you are impatient you get multiple postings:)

Ha Ha Ha!
    Hi Joanie!
    Great comeback! I'm about 5 miles from the MA line not too far from Springfield. I spent my childhood summers in Westbrook so I am very familiar with Mystic, I love the beach! I haven't been very far out of New England so I can't imagine what the Canal must be like, but it looks great from what I can see in your pic and the smile on your face! I think the grandkids might have had a hard time calling you Pocahontas hee hee you would have been called some interesting names! My granddaughter is 5th generation so she has lots of Grandma's, she calls me MeMe. So close our grandma names are! Thanks for the laugh!
    Cat
  • Go_go_Gi_gi
    Go_go_Gi_gi Member Posts: 84
    catwink22 said:

Ha Ha Ha!
    Hi Joanie!
    Great comeback! I'm about 5 miles from the MA line not too far from Springfield. I spent my childhood summers in Westbrook so I am very familiar with Mystic, I love the beach! I haven't been very far out of New England so I can't imagine what the Canal must be like, but it looks great from what I can see in your pic and the smile on your face! I think the grandkids might have had a hard time calling you Pocahontas hee hee you would have been called some interesting names! My granddaughter is 5th generation so she has lots of Grandma's, she calls me MeMe. So close our grandma names are! Thanks for the laugh!
    Cat

Ha, HA Scans and reports
    Hi everyone,

Thinking about all of you and praying for all for various issues that have been posted. Beth and Joanie and Cat---May your scans be clear and that you be reassured by the results and your faith. You are all amazing folks; it is a relief and a big support for me to see your stories.
    Today was day 1 of 2nd cycle Benda/Rituxan---went well--no adverse effects--a little wobbly with the ativan/benadryl---tomorrow day 2 Bendamustine only--- then a couple of days of steroid ups!!

I'm scheduled for a "staging" f/u PET scan in 2 weeks---to see if any effect of chemo--
    s
    I can relate to the anxiety surrounding waiting for tests, results: "What's going on in my body!!?" You each show courage by reporting what's really happening. Thanks for sharing your reality, hope and strength. By my faith in God, and with support of family and many friends, and these postings--it's easier to muddle through the days with positive outlook for the future.

I'll be looking for the postings for results tomorrow evening and will continue to pray for each and everyone of you--
    Jim hope you're not too sore from your shot!!! Take care --send some more of your fabulous wit our way--

Joanie, I lived in Niskayuna/Schenectady, NY area for 6 years, about 1 mile from lock 7 on the Erie canal--rode my bike along the bike path there frequently---it's a beautiful area. I would love to go on a boat on the canal sometime!!! Hope your dream for that is realized sometime ---dream on girl!!

Hugs and love by grace to all, susan
  • JoanieP

Ha, HA Scans and reports
    Hi everyone,

Thinking about all of you and praying for all for various issues that have been posted. Beth and Joanie and Cat---May your scans be clear and that you be reassured by the results and your faith. You are all amazing folks; it is a relief and a big support for me to see your stories.
    Today was day 1 of 2nd cycle Benda/Rituxan---went well--no adverse effects--a little wobbly with the ativan/benadryl---tomorrow day 2 Bendamustine only--- then a couple of days of steroid ups!!

I'm scheduled for a "staging" f/u PET scan in 2 weeks---to see if any effect of chemo--
    s
    I can relate to the anxiety surrounding waiting for tests, results: "What's going on in my body!!?" You each show courage by reporting what's really happening. Thanks for sharing your reality, hope and strength. By my faith in God, and with support of family and many friends, and these postings--it's easier to muddle through the days with positive outlook for the future.

I'll be looking for the postings for results tomorrow evening and will continue to pray for each and everyone of you--
    Jim hope you're not too sore from your shot!!! Take care --send some more of your fabulous wit our way--

Joanie, I lived in Niskayuna/Schenectady, NY area for 6 years, about 1 mile from lock 7 on the Erie canal--rode my bike along the bike path there frequently---it's a beautiful area. I would love to go on a boat on the canal sometime!!! Hope your dream for that is realized sometime ---dream on girl!!

Hugs and love by grace to all, susan

Susan
    Thanks for your well wishes. I pray for good results for you also. I bet that was fun riding your bike along the canal. I always thought it would be less commercial looking. My husband and I have a boat and he really wants to go up the intercoastal waterway. The longest we have been on it was a month. I can't imagine 4 months. I love him dearly but after the 3rd month I might have to push him overboard. As far as your faith , I know HIS strength has gotten me this far on this path and I know HE will be with me the entire journey. Good luck on your treatments. I had RCHOP and started in mar09 and was clear since June09. It is scary because I want the Dr. to say it is still clear so bad. My favorite Bible verse is Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path. I have been saying that a lot in the last day especially in the PET scanner. Joanie
  • Go_go_Gi_gi
    JoanieP said:

Susan
    Thanks for your well wishes. I pray for good results for you also. I bet that was fun riding your bike along the canal. I always thought it would be less commercial looking. My husband and I have a boat and he really wants to go up the intercoastal waterway. The longest we have been on it was a month. I can't imagine 4 months. I love him dearly but after the 3rd month I might have to push him overboard. As far as your faith , I know HIS strength has gotten me this far on this path and I know HE will be with me the entire journey. Good luck on your treatments. I had RCHOP and started in mar09 and was clear since June09. It is scary because I want the Dr. to say it is still clear so bad. My favorite Bible verse is Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path. I have been saying that a lot in the last day especially in the PET scanner. Joanie

Joanie
    I too would love to do the canal by boat---I can certainly understand the urge to toss him over after 3 months!!! that's close quarters for sure.
    I love that verse also--Morning of my 1st chemo with all of its nerves, uncertainties, regarding side effects, etc--diagnosis less than 2 weeks!!! this verse provided: Ps. 138:3 When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted. He has been directing my path, including being on this great and supportive site.

Blessings to you, hugs and prayers that the outcome is GREAT!!!
    Susan
  • JoanieP

Joanie
    I too would love to do the canal by boat---I can certainly understand the urge to toss him over after 3 months!!! that's close quarters for sure.
    I love that verse also--Morning of my 1st chemo with all of its nerves, uncertainties, regarding side effects, etc--diagnosis less than 2 weeks!!! this verse provided: Ps. 138:3 When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted. He has been directing my path, including being on this great and supportive site.

Blessings to you, hugs and prayers that the outcome is GREAT!!!
    Susan

Thank you Susan
    I really appreciate your post and sharing the verse. God always makes somethihg good out of bad. Meeting new friends, appreciating the ones you have more, realizing you are not in control and not needing to be, loving more, not sweating the small stuff and more importantly a closer walk with God. Hugas Joanie
  • Go_go_Gi_gi
    JoanieP said:

Thank you Susan
    I really appreciate your post and sharing the verse. God always makes somethihg good out of bad. Meeting new friends, appreciating the ones you have more, realizing you are not in control and not needing to be, loving more, not sweating the small stuff and more importantly a closer walk with God. Hugas Joanie

Thank you Joanie
    Love your posts, awake post chemo--dexamethasone---The Lord is good to me--encouraging, friends old and new!!! Sleep well--love your good news today!!! Hugs back at you--Susan
  • joan fay
    joan fay Member Posts: 2
    pet scan
    I was just diagnosed with b cell lymphoma. i have a pet scan next week what shall I expect. I just want to start treatment so I can get better. I am sorry you are anxious I feel in my heart you will be healthy, you look wonderful
  • jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    joan fay said:

pet scan
    I was just diagnosed with b cell lymphoma. i have a pet scan next week what shall I expect. I just want to start treatment so I can get better. I am sorry you are anxious I feel in my heart you will be healthy, you look wonderful

Welcome Joan
    Hi Joan, I have Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma - stage 2 in the
    small intestine and mesentary.

Welcome to this site. You'll find wonderful people here and
    care and support.

It will help if you provide more information in the "about me" page
    so we can reference that and know more about your situation, type of cancer,
    where found, staging, etc.

For the PET scan they may or not require you to do a carbohydrate fast
    48 hours prior to the scan. You will be given a radioactive dye injection
    and a sugary drink to consume before the scan and will have to wait about
    an hour before they start the scan.

The scan looks for metabolic activity in the body - where the cancer cells
    are ingesting the sugars. The scan detects "hot spots" and shows where
    there is cancer cell activity and/or tumors.

If it's your first scan and part of staging, they may do a whole body scan.
    It is not an uncomfortable process unless you are disturbed by closed in
    spaces. You will have to hold your arms above your head for awhile which
    can get tiresome. The technicians are usually very knowledgeable and
    will explain things to you.

This is based on my experience. I've had 3 of 4 of them now.

Good luck with everything and big hugs,

Jim