CP9 Location is Chicago

scouty
scouty Member Posts: 1,965
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Dates and hotel info to come in the next month or so. We were due to have one in the upper middle part of the US so Windy City here we come! It will be in the fall probably Sept or Oct before it gets too cold and after the heat of the summer has gone. I can say that we will avoid the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend so maybe more of our northern buddies will be able to attend!

Suzannchili (recent stage III 10 year survivor!!!) is the hostess this year and will be providing more info as soon as she can negotiate some great hotel rates for us.

Oh and a little tidbit of history about Chi-town. Unlike most people think it got the nickname of the Windy City because of the mouthy politicians in the 20s or maybe the 30's and not because of how the wind can be wicked (which it can be). With that fact out there how many other cities in our county can now be called the Windy City? Too many for me to count!!

I missed this past years but will not let that happen again and hope to see many of you there.

Lisa P.
«13

Comments

  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Chi Town is coldddddddd in the winter specially downtown....
    no wonders most of the women there are so mean.....LOL.......
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064
    WOOT WOOT!
    SERIOUSLY????

    You mean I can actually attend a Colon Palooza??? My Packers are gonna whoop Da Bears on Sunday and I find out I can meet my Scouty gal pal. This week is just too good to be true!!

    I'm hyperventilating!!

    I'm just right up the road!

    SCOUTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE Chicago! (just not da bears ya know?)

    peace, emily who will attend as a 10 year cancer victor!
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787
    2bhealed said:

    WOOT WOOT!
    SERIOUSLY????

    You mean I can actually attend a Colon Palooza??? My Packers are gonna whoop Da Bears on Sunday and I find out I can meet my Scouty gal pal. This week is just too good to be true!!

    I'm hyperventilating!!

    I'm just right up the road!

    SCOUTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE Chicago! (just not da bears ya know?)

    peace, emily who will attend as a 10 year cancer victor!

    AWESOME!!!
    My home state!!! ROAD TRIP!!!!!! I will definately be there too!!!

    Jennie
  • bruins1971
    bruins1971 Member Posts: 227

    AWESOME!!!
    My home state!!! ROAD TRIP!!!!!! I will definately be there too!!!

    Jennie

    Sounds good to me

    Sounds good to me
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028
    Sounds great!!!!!
    I LOVE Chicago....yea!!!!

    I return from my 'dutch summer home' *smile* late September, so I hope I can come...maybe a stop-over on the way back to California!

    Thanks for the info, Lisa. And, YES, you MUST attend!!!

    Dutch hugs, Kathi
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    KathiM said:

    Sounds great!!!!!
    I LOVE Chicago....yea!!!!

    I return from my 'dutch summer home' *smile* late September, so I hope I can come...maybe a stop-over on the way back to California!

    Thanks for the info, Lisa. And, YES, you MUST attend!!!

    Dutch hugs, Kathi

    I'll make Chi Town myself.......its 6 hrs from my door....
    369 miles from my door step..........to Rush Street and State Street and I forget the place that has the hearts on their shirts for advertisement? (I think it is called "Mothers") Also Erik the Reds a house that was turned into a place to have a drink...Awww to be 25 again....I think I am off whatever that weekend is...LOL.....Yep, I think its game on....Im not sure if any of those places are even around anymore but Im sure something somewhere is. It would be fun to meet all of you. Yep, I think its game time...
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028
    Buzzard said:

    I'll make Chi Town myself.......its 6 hrs from my door....
    369 miles from my door step..........to Rush Street and State Street and I forget the place that has the hearts on their shirts for advertisement? (I think it is called "Mothers") Also Erik the Reds a house that was turned into a place to have a drink...Awww to be 25 again....I think I am off whatever that weekend is...LOL.....Yep, I think its game on....Im not sure if any of those places are even around anymore but Im sure something somewhere is. It would be fun to meet all of you. Yep, I think its game time...

    mmmmm.....and Pizzaria Uno....the original!
    And water tower place for shopping...

    And the Gaslight Club....ritzy!

    And, in a burb is a small bar called Rainbow's....they are (or were...this was 30 years ago-sigh) known for their turtle races. I was given a T-shirt from there, the only restriction being that I must change shirts out in front of everyone...

    Now, as you know, I am VERY shy and retiring...let's just say that I have the shirt...'nuff said....ROFLMAO!

    Dutch hugs, Kathi
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 597 Member
    KathiM said:

    mmmmm.....and Pizzaria Uno....the original!
    And water tower place for shopping...

    And the Gaslight Club....ritzy!

    And, in a burb is a small bar called Rainbow's....they are (or were...this was 30 years ago-sigh) known for their turtle races. I was given a T-shirt from there, the only restriction being that I must change shirts out in front of everyone...

    Now, as you know, I am VERY shy and retiring...let's just say that I have the shirt...'nuff said....ROFLMAO!

    Dutch hugs, Kathi

    Excellent!
    Chicago here we come ~ looking forward to seeing my LP buddies.

    Oh Suzann the Naughty Award that you won in San Francisco at CP7 is here at our place. I will bring it to Chicago with CONKY.

    Lisa and Andy
  • Lisa Rose said:

    Excellent!
    Chicago here we come ~ looking forward to seeing my LP buddies.

    Oh Suzann the Naughty Award that you won in San Francisco at CP7 is here at our place. I will bring it to Chicago with CONKY.

    Lisa and Andy

    This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    Chicago is doable for me :)
    Chicago is doable for me :) just have to see which week/weekend it falls on!
  • mommyof2kds
    mommyof2kds Member Posts: 519
    Patteee said:

    Chicago is doable for me :)
    Chicago is doable for me :) just have to see which week/weekend it falls on!

    that may work for me also
    that may work for me also since I am only a few hrs away in Iowa... What happens at these gatherings? Petrina
  • Lifeisajourney
    Lifeisajourney Member Posts: 216
    Yeah Chicago
    we are from Crete, IL just south of Chicago....wow this could be doable..Thanks for info.Pat
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965
    And just what is a CP some of you are asking
    CP = ColonPalooza. It is an annual reunion/celebration of colorectal and anal cancer survivors, caregivers, widowers, friends, and anyone else that might want to hang around a bunch of semi-colons and celebrate life and lives. You have no idea what it is like to just be with people that have been where you have been, felt like you have felt, and thought like you have thought. There is a bond that is very special and you feel it in your heart!

    This will be our 9th one. CP1-Biloxi, CP2-Las Vegas, CP3-Austin, TX, CP4-Halifax, Nova Scotia, CP5-Nashville, TN, CP6-San Francisco, CA, CP7-Key West, Fla., CP8-Ft. Worth, Tx. You can see by the list of locations that we were due to visit this part of the country.

    With it being in Chicago that means the dates may have to be a little sooner than they have been the last couple of years since it does get really cold between those buildings. And to try to keep to one of our traditions, the itineary will include a boat ride of some sort!

    I'm loving all the interest and hope there is more after the dates are announced. Stay tuned!

    Lisa P.
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965

    that may work for me also
    that may work for me also since I am only a few hrs away in Iowa... What happens at these gatherings? Petrina

    Fun and laughing for sure
    Petrina,

    There will be an itinerary as the dates gets closer but we try to plan 1 or 2 things a day over a 4 day weekend. Wed. and Thurs. have traditionally been arrival days with Thurs night being the official kickoff at some cool local place. We try to eat at neat places and do fun things that aren't too expensive but at fun. There always seems to be a piano bar and Irish pub included later in the evenings. Music and dancing on a boat ride has happened at several of them. The room rates are negotiated to cover days before and after the event in case anyone wants to stay longer and do other things too.

    There will be a suite in the hotel that acts as "headquarters" to meet and plan from.

    But the most fun is just having breakfast or hanging out at the pool with people that know the road you've been or are on. The bond is amazing!

    Hope this helps you. Maybe some others can answer this for you too.


    Lisa P.
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 597 Member

    that may work for me also
    that may work for me also since I am only a few hrs away in Iowa... What happens at these gatherings? Petrina

    Hello!
    Patrina, my fellow Newfoundlander I would love to meet you in Chicago.
    Go to my Facebook page and you can see some pictures from CP7 in San Francisco.
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 597 Member

    that may work for me also
    that may work for me also since I am only a few hrs away in Iowa... What happens at these gatherings? Petrina

    Hello!
    Cheers!
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 450
    scouty said:

    And just what is a CP some of you are asking
    CP = ColonPalooza. It is an annual reunion/celebration of colorectal and anal cancer survivors, caregivers, widowers, friends, and anyone else that might want to hang around a bunch of semi-colons and celebrate life and lives. You have no idea what it is like to just be with people that have been where you have been, felt like you have felt, and thought like you have thought. There is a bond that is very special and you feel it in your heart!

    This will be our 9th one. CP1-Biloxi, CP2-Las Vegas, CP3-Austin, TX, CP4-Halifax, Nova Scotia, CP5-Nashville, TN, CP6-San Francisco, CA, CP7-Key West, Fla., CP8-Ft. Worth, Tx. You can see by the list of locations that we were due to visit this part of the country.

    With it being in Chicago that means the dates may have to be a little sooner than they have been the last couple of years since it does get really cold between those buildings. And to try to keep to one of our traditions, the itineary will include a boat ride of some sort!

    I'm loving all the interest and hope there is more after the dates are announced. Stay tuned!

    Lisa P.

    Might be do-able
    Im excited! It might be do-able for me as well. Can't wait to hear the dates so i can try to make it work. I would love to be there.


    Big Smiles,
    Dawn
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    dmdwins said:

    Might be do-able
    Im excited! It might be do-able for me as well. Can't wait to hear the dates so i can try to make it work. I would love to be there.


    Big Smiles,
    Dawn

    Petrina...There is an ole saying that goes along with your post
    and it goes like this....if I may use your post a little out of context....

    that may work for me also
    new

    that may work for me also since I am only a few hrs away in Iowa... "What happens at these gatherings stays at these gatherings"........................ Petrina

    No, seriously, I have never been to one so I have no idea whats in store....
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248
    Chicago Palooza
    Lisa and all -

    My husband and I spent 5 days in Chicago in 8/04. One of the greatest things we did was a cruise along the Chicago river run by the Chicago Architecture Foundation. Absolutely wonderful, although my neck hurt for a couple of days from looking up at the buildings.

    http://caf.architecture.org/page.aspx?pid=574

    Absolutely not to be missed in Chicago.

    Betsy
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,715 Member
    Think We're Coming
    Talked to hubby tonight and think we are coming. It is finally close to us - live 45 minutes from Detroit, so we will take the train and come on in. Looking forward to meeting my "extended and loving" family :)

    Hugs! Kim