CSN Login
Members Online: 9

You are here

NEW TO PAGE, LOTS OF TOPICS

ljrn1963
Posts: 7
Joined: Jul 2009

Hello, this is my first time to this web site, and I have learned so much. In July, 2007, on my birthday no less, I was diagnosed with Stage I NSC lung cancer. I had no symptoms, I was just going to the doctor for my annual chest x-ray because I reeact positively to the Mantoux test, which checks for tuberculosis. I needed to get this because I'm a nurse, or was. I had a right middle lobectomy at 43 years old. The doctors said that there was no need for chemo or radiation because the site was so small. Did I mention that my mother was diagnosed with NSC lung cancer 6 months before me? Hers was inoperable due to it being wrapped around the arota of her heart. She started chemo right away. The canceer spread to her breast and brain. She finally started on Tarceva. They stopped that when she started having strokes. Mom died on April 3, 2009, She still had hope. We were so close with treatments that we were able to joke with each other about going bald at the same times. Anyway, last year in October, I went back for my yearly CT/PET scans. The cancer had metastasized to my lymph nodes and spine. I was started on Cisplatin, Taxotere, and Radiation. About a two months later, I started having severe left leg pain. The cancer had metastsized to more parts of my bones. Left femur, sacrum, and spine. More radiation, more chemo. Recently started having uncontrolled pain in my ischial tuberosity, right arm and left knee, and base of my skull. More radiation and started Tarceva. It seems like it never stops. The pain neveer stops. I have been on Duragesic, morphine, and now oxycontin. I have a daughter with a drug addict boyfried, so I got a safe, guess what, they were able to break into that, after seeing me writh in pain. Don't know how she could have allowed that. But anyway, One way that I can help people out there with cancer is by giving advice on finding money for funding. If you are paying on a life insurance policy, it is possible to collect up to 80% of that money. It is called excellerated life insurance benefits. I had a policy for 120,000 and was able to draw 96,000 to use anyway that I needed. The other 20% goes to my beneficiaries once I am gone. contact your life insurance holder or sellyourinsurance.com, or fifthseasonfinancial.com. it does not cost you any money. Its a win win situation. Especially if you were used to a certain lifestyle and then had to go onto disability. Try it out, you'll be glad you did. The only drawback is that your doctor has to fill out a form stating that you have less that two years to live. Most of them will because its set up kind of like hospice. Your only supposed to have 6 months to live, but that 6 months can be recurring. Ironically, I was a hospice nurse. good luck.

catcon49's picture
catcon49
Posts: 398
Joined: Aug 2008

what type of nsc lung cancer did you have? Just wondering because I had stage Ia and no chemo.

ljrn1963
Posts: 7
Joined: Jul 2009

ADENOCARCINOMA. They said they had every bit of cancer with no lymph node involvement. Insist on chemo and radiation after surgery. I wish I had/

seanslove's picture
seanslove
Posts: 71
Joined: Jul 2009

My husband also has this,however,due to the wrapping of the cancer tissue on the oragns,is inoperable. Therefore,chemo is our only choice. He is in stage four with mets to the pancreas and lower GI,with primary unknown. He has a malignat pluerl effusion,and has had his chest tube out for four weeks now today. I wish you musch sucess inn beating your cancer,and I am sorry about your mother. I beat tube cancer nine years ago with surgey alone as it was in stage one,started year 10 in March with no new cancer.

nanaof7
Posts: 127
Joined: Feb 2009

I had my lower left lobe removed and 9 lymph nodes on march 27. all my lymph nodes came back
negative. I was wondering did you have lymph nodes removed? my surgeon said he didn't think I needed more chemo but my pulmonary dr. suggest a few treatments just to be safe after listing to your story I am glad he did and going to insist thank you for your post it sure helps to hear other peoples stories pat

ljrn1963
Posts: 7
Joined: Jul 2009

I had three lymph nodes removed, all which came back negative.

nanaof7
Posts: 127
Joined: Feb 2009

I had my lower left lobe removed and 9 lymph nodes on march 27. all my lymph nodes came back
negative. I was wondering did you have lymph nodes removed? my surgeon said he didn't think I needed more chemo but my pulmonary dr. suggest a few treatments just to be safe after listing to your story I am glad he did and going to insist thank you for your post it sure helps to hear other peoples stories pat

Subscribe to Comments for "NEW TO PAGE, LOTS OF TOPICS"