New here and was wondering

Clementine_P
Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
I have my nipple flap surgery on Friday. I know it is only under local anestetic and so isn't a big deal at all, but I was wondering if anyone could just let me know what to expect. Will I be able to exercise? Will I have to wear something to protect my new "ornaments"? Anything I should know beforehand? My Plastic Surgeon has been great so far, but I will say he doesn't really tell me much. I pretty much just have to trust him. No real problems so far with just blindly trusting him, but I would rather have an idea what to expect. He is not taking skin from elsewhere on my body, just taking a flap of skin from my new tatas. Anyway, any info you guys may have is greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

Xoxo,
Clementine

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Hi Clementine!
    I wish I could give you some information, but, I had a lumpectomy. So, I am kind of useless. lol

Howeverrrrrrrrrrr, I can send you positive thoughts, prayers and lots of gentle hugs!

Good luck Clementine with your surgery on Friday. When you feel like it, update us so we know how you are.

Sue :)
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I love, love, love your
    I love, love, love your photo! That is too cool. I am sorry that you have come aboard because of cancer, but welcome and you will find wonderful, caring folks here who will help.

Gosh it's been so long since my nipple flap that this is causing a brain strain! I had my nipple flap done the same way as you back in 1988 (24 yrs ago). I don't remember having a problem, but my p.s. used general anesthesia because he was putting an implant in my side without cancer (to match the new tata). I don't think that the nipple flap side would have hurt much as I had very little feeling left there any way. I think he had me wear a special, soft knit bra for awhile, but maybe that was for the implant?

Later, I had to have another preventive mastectomy (2 sisters had cancer after me--long story), but, this time, the surgeon did the reconstruction and nipple all at the same time.

I hope that it goes well. Keep us posted. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Clementine_P

I love, love, love your
    I love, love, love your photo! That is too cool. I am sorry that you have come aboard because of cancer, but welcome and you will find wonderful, caring folks here who will help.

Gosh it's been so long since my nipple flap that this is causing a brain strain! I had my nipple flap done the same way as you back in 1988 (24 yrs ago). I don't remember having a problem, but my p.s. used general anesthesia because he was putting an implant in my side without cancer (to match the new tata). I don't think that the nipple flap side would have hurt much as I had very little feeling left there any way. I think he had me wear a special, soft knit bra for awhile, but maybe that was for the implant?

Later, I had to have another preventive mastectomy (2 sisters had cancer after me--long story), but, this time, the surgeon did the reconstruction and nipple all at the same time.

I hope that it goes well. Keep us posted. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks!
    Sue and Cynthia for your well wishes and support. I am so glad I found this board, albeit well after I finished the bulk of my treatment (*knock on wood*!!!). You are all wonderful ladies!
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Hi Clementine :)
    I had nipple surgery using the skin on my recontructed breast. It's like they make a cut and tie it in a knot resembling a nipple. The surgery didn't last long at all and I woke up to 2 big bandages. There were s few stiches but other than that, it was an easy surgery. I had to keep the bandages on for several days. I can't remember how long they had to heal before I got the tatoos. Maybe a couple of months.

Post and let us know how it goes!

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • Clementine_P
    sea60 said:

Hi Clementine :)
    I had nipple surgery using the skin on my recontructed breast. It's like they make a cut and tie it in a knot resembling a nipple. The surgery didn't last long at all and I woke up to 2 big bandages. There were s few stiches but other than that, it was an easy surgery. I had to keep the bandages on for several days. I can't remember how long they had to heal before I got the tatoos. Maybe a couple of months.

Post and let us know how it goes!

Hugs,

Sylvia

Thank you!
    Thank you Sylvia. That helps a lot. Any info that takes the mystery out of it helps a lot. I so appreciate your sharing with me.

Xoxo,
    Clementine
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Thank you!
    Thank you Sylvia. That helps a lot. Any info that takes the mystery out of it helps a lot. I so appreciate your sharing with me.

Xoxo,
    Clementine

How did your surgery go
    How did your surgery go Clementine? Post when you feel like it.

Hugs, Diane