my first time in chemo,...went well!!

cathg
cathg Member Posts: 21
Shu, it has been 2 weeks and 2 sessions of herceptin and pacitaxol. I was quite nervous walking through the doors, but i certainly did not need a cattle prodder. I was amzed how upbeat and friendly everyone was..chatting, eating and laughing..some bald, some not. \

My first session just left me tired and by the saturday, my bones ached a little, but nothing I coudl not handle. today was the second time and i went prepared with my new 'chemo' bag..food, book. iPod, oen ect..dosed off in the chair to wake to my own snoring and everyone laughing..ha ha.

met some great South african girls and it is not as daunting as i first thought..

prayign that this week goes well and that all my sisters in pink have a great week too.
cath

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    You snore huh? lol
    Praying that this week goes well for you too Cath! Thanks for the update!

Hugs, Jan
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Yay! I'm glad it wasn't so
    Yay! I'm glad it wasn't so bad for you Cath. It's all downhill from here!
    Dee
  • dyaneb123
    Dee
  • dyaneb123
    Dee
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Congrats Cath! I hope they
    Congrats Cath! I hope they all go smoothly. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

Congrats Cath! I hope they
    Congrats Cath! I hope they all go smoothly. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Glad they went well and
    Glad they went well and hoping that they all do. I loved the nnoring and waking up to laughter. Prayers are with you.
    Stef
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    I'm so glad to hear it went well.
    I'd have to say the upside of going to Chemo treatments is I met some awesome people. Complete strangers all thrown into a great big room fighting a BIG fight can instantly create strong bonds.

My beautiful "cheerleader" Sister would be known by the nurses to bring in her rolling back pack filled with goodies which she would inevitably dole them out. While I lay half dozed, I could hear that woman clear across the room gabbing away...HA! I sure love her for taking such good care of me.

I pray you continue to tolerate your treatments well.

Blessings and hugs,

Sylvia
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    sea60 said:

I'm so glad to hear it went well.
    I'd have to say the upside of going to Chemo treatments is I met some awesome people. Complete strangers all thrown into a great big room fighting a BIG fight can instantly create strong bonds.

My beautiful "cheerleader" Sister would be known by the nurses to bring in her rolling back pack filled with goodies which she would inevitably dole them out. While I lay half dozed, I could hear that woman clear across the room gabbing away...HA! I sure love her for taking such good care of me.

I pray you continue to tolerate your treatments well.

Blessings and hugs,

Sylvia

Good to hear that it's going
    Good to hear that it's going well.
  • PinkPearl
    PinkPearl Member Posts: 280
    Great news
    So glad the chemo one and two went well. Getting the first one over is such a relief because you then know what to expect. I love talking to other Pink Sisters too, always come away with a good tip or two.
  • PinkPearl
    PinkPearl Member Posts: 280
    Great news
    So glad the chemo one and two went well. Getting the first one over is such a relief because you then know what to expect. I love talking to other Pink Sisters too, always come away with a good tip or two.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Kat11 said:

Good to hear that it's going
    Good to hear that it's going well.

Glad that your chemo went so
    Glad that your chemo went so well for you! Hoping that it will continue.

Hugs, Kylez