Why Did the Boards change?

Dawne.Hope
Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
edited February 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
Has anyone else noticed that the boards have changed? There are not as many topics appearing on the page as there used to be.

Have I done something and shrunk it somehow?

I don't like it!

Posts gets lost.

Newbies may have trouble finding their thread because they have to go back through the pages. I try to check the boards everyday and most of the new threads showed on the same page with the old format. Now, the new threads are on a couple of pages. I feel like it is NOT user friendly! With everything going on with MammaG and ChenHeart, pinkkari, marshamulvey and other kindred spirits who are going through tough times, I'd like to be able to look at the page quickly and see any updates. Now I have to scroll through pages? DON'T LIKE IT! My vote is: Please change it back to the way it was!

Is it just me?

Comments

• mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    No, it's not...
    No, it's not just you. I noticed it, too, and I don't care for it. It has become too hard to find a post I'm looking for.
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Dawne
    I don't know if this will help you or not but here is my suggestion. On the top of the board you can select how you want to sort the posts. I have mine set to sort by last reply. That gives the list in order of when someone posted last. It does mix in older topics if someone posted to them today but usually I find the ones that come up first are the most recent and have gotten the most responses. Today one of the first things I saw was the update on MamaG.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    ladyg said:

Dawne
    I don't know if this will help you or not but here is my suggestion. On the top of the board you can select how you want to sort the posts. I have mine set to sort by last reply. That gives the list in order of when someone posted last. It does mix in older topics if someone posted to them today but usually I find the ones that come up first are the most recent and have gotten the most responses. Today one of the first things I saw was the update on MamaG.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Georgia .. Thanks for the info ...
    I noticed that our topics had been shorten, didn't know why. Thanks for the suggestion .. I too at times get frustrated looking for a particular post and the waiting to get to page 2, 3 and so on ... makes it impossible at times .. Normally, I just give up! I hate doing that!

Vicki Sam
  • Dawne.Hope
    ladyg said:

Dawne

Hugs,
    Georgia

thank you, Georgia!
    It helps but there still aren't as many ... and so if there were a lot of posts that day you still have to scroll through the pages.

I just don't understand the WHY of changing the # of posts.

It is NOT user friendly.
    It is not hospitable to newbies.
    It is less efficient.
    It is more time consuming.
    It is burdensome.

Please change it back, Greta!
    I hate it! Not friendly or efficient at all!
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Me Too
    I noticed it. When I'm in a hurry and just want to "check in" I noticed the new posts aren't necessarily up front. Please "boardmaster" fix it.
    ~Kari
  • Dawne.Hope

Me Too
    I noticed it. When I'm in a hurry and just want to "check in" I noticed the new posts aren't necessarily up front. Please "boardmaster" fix it.
    ~Kari

they're back!
    Don't know how or why, but thank you that they're back.

Appreciate it! :)
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Boards
    In my opinion the discussion board has always been very cumbersome to use. You can't directly quote others and sometimes posts end up in bizarre orders because different people hit "reply" on different posts. And the way they are staggered on the screen is difficult on the eye and impossible to follow. Anyway, I have also noticed things disappearing lately. There was a thread I responded to earlier today that is now gone.....

Mimi
  • Dawne.Hope
    mimivac said:

Boards
    In my opinion the discussion board has always been very cumbersome to use. You can't directly quote others and sometimes posts end up in bizarre orders because different people hit "reply" on different posts. And the way they are staggered on the screen is difficult on the eye and impossible to follow. Anyway, I have also noticed things disappearing lately. There was a thread I responded to earlier today that is now gone.....

Mimi

I agree, mimi!
    I think when

I agree, mimi!

I think when they were designed they were not created for the volume of use they now have.