How much can my husband take

Pinkpower
Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
My poor husband, now that our ordeal with my bc has come to where we can breath and start to enjoy life again, his sister is in the hospital due to her Pancreatic Cancer and not doing good (she was dx back in June 2010) it has now spread and taken over her stomach and other parts of her body and she is bleeding out. This is his only sister and he is in a lost. Not only cause its his only sister, but we live in Florida and she lives in Chicago. Im currently out of a job and he is our main bread winner, but thankfully My family has stepped up and given us money so when the time comes and she passes we can all go to Chicago. So gratful I have such a wonderful family.

Lupe

Comments

• CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Lupe...
    I'm very glad that you are doing well, in regards to the bc.

I am also very sorry that you and your husband have to go through the pain and sadness of his sister's illness. I will keep you all in my prayers...

And yes, you do have a wonderful..and caring..family.

Hugs,
    CR
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Lupe,
    I am so sorry for the sad news of your Sister in law. That has to be so very difficult for your husband and the family. It's a beautiful thing when family rallies around to help and support in a time of need.

Praying for you,

Sylvia
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    When it rains...
    It seems to pour...I am so glad you're doing okay..my heart goes out to your family...losing a sibling is so difficult, no matter our ages...I lost my only one, a brother ..he was only 20...car accident...it left such a void...I pray that your family finds strength to get through this sorrowful time..
    Peace be with you,
    Nancy
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Lupe
    I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I am sure having the support of your husband was a big help to you. I know it was for me. I am sorry that his sister is not doing well and that now he needs your support. It is so nice to hear that the family is pulling together and you will be able to be there when the time comes. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    sea60 said:

Lupe,
    I am so sorry for the sad news of your Sister in law. That has to be so very difficult for your husband and the family. It's a beautiful thing when family rallies around to help and support in a time of need.

Praying for you,

Sylvia

Sending prayers and hugs to
    Sending prayers and hugs to your husband's sister and the whole family.

Debby
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    ladyg said:

Lupe
    I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I am sure having the support of your husband was a big help to you. I know it was for me. I am sorry that his sister is not doing well and that now he needs your support. It is so nice to hear that the family is pulling together and you will be able to be there when the time comes. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Lupe .. Sad news for your entire family .. I am truly
    sorry and sadden by this news. I am sending prayers and strength to your entire family, which includes you. Cancer has no boundries = it's like a tornado, earthquake .. destructive.

Wow, hold tight to your husband .. and try to do the best you can during these difficult times.

Blessing to all ..

Vicki Sam
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    so sorry to hear
    Very nice family will help you out....with travel...
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Hi Lupe, just want to say
    Hi Lupe, just want to say you and your husband have been included in my prayers.
    Miles of Love,
    ~Kari
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    ladyg said:

Lupe

Hugs,
    Georgia

So sorry Lupe about your
    So sorry Lupe about your sister in law. Sending prayers!

Hugs, Angie
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Lupe, I am sending strength
    Lupe, I am sending strength and courage to you both as you go through this situation. We are with you both in spirit. Sending (((hugs))) your way!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    MyTurnNow said:

Lupe, I am sending strength
    Lupe, I am sending strength and courage to you both as you go through this situation. We are with you both in spirit. Sending (((hugs))) your way!

You and your family are in
    You and your family are in my prayers too Lupe.

Lex
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

so sorry to hear
    Very nice family will help you out....with travel...

I'm so sorry Lupe for what
    I'm so sorry Lupe for what has happened. I am sending you lots of prayers and lots of hugs. Very happy that your family can help with your travel, if needed.

Hugs!
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Lupe
    your husband has you too help him through his tough times now.
    And you are a wonderful, strong and caring person. Together you
    can get through it. It only speaks volumes how much worry about
    your husband's feelings.

Sorry you are having such a tumultuous time. Distance makes everything
    only harder. I went through the same horrible experience of not being able
    to be there with my mom. What a great thing to do for your family to step
    in and help.

His poor sister seems to be having a really rough time. I hope they can
    find a way to make as pain free as possible for her.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    aysemari said:

Lupe
    your husband has you too help him through his tough times now.
    And you are a wonderful, strong and caring person. Together you
    can get through it. It only speaks volumes how much worry about
    your husband's feelings.

Sorry you are having such a tumultuous time. Distance makes everything
    only harder. I went through the same horrible experience of not being able
    to be there with my mom. What a great thing to do for your family to step
    in and help.

His poor sister seems to be having a really rough time. I hope they can
    find a way to make as pain free as possible for her.

Hugs,
    Ayse

You and the family are in my
    You and the family are in my prayers.
    Stef
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    ladyg said:

Lupe

Hugs,
    Georgia

I'm sorry Lupe about your
    I'm sorry Lupe about your sister in law. Good to hear from you and pray you are doing well. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Kylez
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    fauxma said:

You and the family are in my
    You and the family are in my prayers.
    Stef

Lupe, please keep us updated
    Lupe, please keep us updated as we all are concerned and care.

Hugs, Debby