Forgetting things from 5 years ago!!!

Options
Sonia32
Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
Ok don't know if I should be worried or all the emotional trauma I've been through since 2007, losing mum, cancer, husband leaving is to blame. Or as my sister said it was something that wasn't important to me so I forgot.

I went to an old friends profile on facebook to see how she was, saw she was engaged and I thought she didn't tell me, I've known her for so many years. Turns out she was engaged five years ago, and I did know about it. Now she thinks it's funny that I forgot but I'm worried. Last dose of chemo I had was Dec 2009, can it still effect you? I take anti depressants could it be that?, I know I forget short term things, but nothing like this. If I forget you all in the mean time just know love you as my second family.

I don't know thank you for letting me ramble, sonia 34 who's going on 90.

Comments

• Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Sonia..........don't sweat the small stuff............
    I have a perfect memory...........My memory is 100% ........I don't remember nothing at all.........absolutely nothing at all..and ya know what, it really doesn't matter you see, if its important enough to be remembered someone will chew my azz out for forgetting it...So you see, memory loss is nothing to worry about, someone is always there to tell us we screwed up....LOL...enjoy your day sweetheart.........Buzz
  • pscott1
    pscott1 Member Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sonia,
    I'm 51 and haven't

Sonia,

I'm 51 and haven't had any chemo; I take my 10 year old everywhere with me because she remembers where we park and what door we came in. I wouldn't worry if I was you. Besides, if you do get very forgetful, your beauty will make up for it (inside & out)!

ps
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Whoops!
    Oh, me! I was feeling sad for you on facebook, because your friend hadn't told you about this! Whoops!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    if your going 90 then I am going 80
    I am 44 and have had similar memory issues, but at least I am only 80 in the brain.
    don't worry about it, I don't.
    I am lucky as I have a very distinctive 4wd that I can see easily in car parks.
    smile Pete
    Ps if you forgot me, I was the one lost at sea
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Sonia
    Is your friend still engaged 5 years later? That is a long engagement + if you haven't seen this friend frequently in the last 5 years, I think it would be sort of easy to forget she's engaged + think more like she is "going out" with someone. Don't beat yourself up for this.
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Options
    The up-side...
    Hi Sonia,
    There's an up-side to this ya know...you can watch re-runs on t.v and it's like watching the original show...same with movies. Mother-in-laws arn't so aggrivating because you've forgoten why they aggrivated you in the first place, and the list goes on and on. Every day is a "new" day..haha! I'm just waiting for the day when I wake up and completely forget I have cancer..now thats something to look forward too!!! ha! Keep smiling and laughing..it's the only way to survive this journey! Love..Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options

if your going 90 then I am going 80
    I am 44 and have had similar memory issues, but at least I am only 80 in the brain.
    don't worry about it, I don't.
    I am lucky as I have a very distinctive 4wd that I can see easily in car parks.
    smile Pete
    Ps if you forgot me, I was the one lost at sea

see how bad my brain is, even simple maths I get wrong! doh
    when i read this again you actually added on 56 to your age 34+56=90
    so that means I would be 44+56=100
    I have made to the magic 100 mark.