5 months hair growth...

cavediver
cavediver Member Posts: 607
Greetings Sisters, from Mexico I just posted in expressions a photo of me without hat or scarf... last chemo infusion was September.... so this is head of hair 5 months later. It came in dark and curly...very different for me. I am using my Lympha-Press Pump in this photo too. It was a lot to pack for travelling via airplane....but glad I have it here.
A few more days, and I will fly back to usa for 2 weeks and follow up with oncologist and my first mamogram on one that is left :-)

Comments

• laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    cavediver
    Mine was the same color, not really curly. I dyed mine at 3 months. It is now the same color and length as in my photo (which was taken before the headshave). It is great having hair again, it is a slow process. You look great.
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Hey there!! You look great!!
    Hey there!! You look great!! from mars but still great. It looks like a space suit!! Does flying bother you arm ? Hope you have a good flight See ya
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668

Hey there!! You look great!! from mars but still great. It looks like a space suit!! Does flying bother you arm ? Hope you have a good flight See ya

Beautiful
    You look beautiful!!! A vacation is just what you needed :) Enjoy

Dawne
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607

flying w/lymphedema
    I wore the sleeve and glove for flight.... my first flight here....so I kept waiting for something to go wrong...like watch the arm balloon up :-) But...absolutely no problems! All was well, using the pump 2x a day and wearing a sleeve during the day only.
    I am going to wrap it tonight...just a precaution to get it down as much as possible since I will be flying home early Tuesday morning. I think the mexican/mayan maids think I am from outerspace when they come in and I am in the contraption!
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    cavediver said:

flying w/lymphedema
    I wore the sleeve and glove for flight.... my first flight here....so I kept waiting for something to go wrong...like watch the arm balloon up :-) But...absolutely no problems! All was well, using the pump 2x a day and wearing a sleeve during the day only.
    I am going to wrap it tonight...just a precaution to get it down as much as possible since I will be flying home early Tuesday morning. I think the mexican/mayan maids think I am from outerspace when they come in and I am in the contraption!

Your hair looks like a dark
    Your hair looks like a dark version of mine this summer....wow I never saw one of those sleeves before.what a contraption indeed!..I sure would like a trip to Mexico...maybe soon
    Dee
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    dyaneb123 said:

Your hair looks like a dark
    Your hair looks like a dark version of mine this summer....wow I never saw one of those sleeves before.what a contraption indeed!..I sure would like a trip to Mexico...maybe soon
    Dee

You look great!
    So rested in those beautiful vacation pictures. I'm so glad you had a great time...you deserve it!

My hair grew in dark & curly but straightenend out once it grew longer. I kinda enjoyed having it different even if it was for a little while.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    thanks for sharing the pic,
    thanks for sharing the pic, hair is coming in very nice and looks really natural on you, I love it. Mexico! how wonderful.

Lupe
  • joyyee1
    joyyee1 Member Posts: 31
    5 months hair growth
    WOW!! Your hair is growing fast!! My last chemo was Aug. 15th and my hair is coming back in, but very slowly- not near as long as yours!!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Beautiful
    You look beautiful!!! A vacation is just what you needed :) Enjoy

Dawne

You do look beautiful!

You do look beautiful!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    sea60 said:

You look great!
    So rested in those beautiful vacation pictures. I'm so glad you had a great time...you deserve it!

My hair grew in dark & curly but straightenend out once it grew longer. I kinda enjoyed having it different even if it was for a little while.

Hugs,

Sylvia

You look great! So happy
    You look great! So happy that you got to have this great vacation!