Prayers for my friend

Texasgirl10
Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
Good morning to all of my Sisters in Pink,

I'm asking for all of you to please pray for my friend. She had her first mammogram last Monday. They called her back in for a diagnostic mammogram which she had on Thursday. The radiologist told her that they found a "spot" in the gray area. They will do a biopsy on the 17th. She is terrified. I know that we all know and understand her fears. She has a 4 year old son ( her only child) and she is saying things like " He's gonna live without a mommy". Of course her husband is terrified also and doesn't know what to say. My heart is breaking for her and the only thing I know to do is to be there for her and to pray.

Thanks in advance for standing in prayer with me for Vicki.

Hugs and God Bless,

Dawne

Comments

• sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Prayers Coming Her Way!
    I can SO relate to how she feels. My son was 1 1/2 when I was diagnosed. The first thoughts I had as well were "my son won't have his mommy"! Well, it's now 9 1/2 years later, my son is 10 1/2 and I went on to have a daughter after that (she'll be 6 in two weeks)!

As all of us who know how the "process" works, it all depends on the pathology, whether or not it's in the nodes or has spread to other parts of the body. Without knowing that, it's only natural to let your imagination runaway with you!

Tell your friend that just because they found something, doesn't mean it's the worst of the worst. In many, many cases, it ends up being nothing or caught at such an early stage that it's completely curable.

I know it's hard not to think the worst. And playing the "waiting" game is by fare harder than just knowing what's going on. But, you just have to remain positive and know there are thousands of women (men too) that come out the other end with flying colors and go on to live long, happy lives!!

Keep us updated on her situation. In the meantime, I'll be saying a prayer for her:)

Blessings,
    Sally
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    sal314 said:

Prayers Coming Her Way!
    I can SO relate to how she feels. My son was 1 1/2 when I was diagnosed. The first thoughts I had as well were "my son won't have his mommy"! Well, it's now 9 1/2 years later, my son is 10 1/2 and I went on to have a daughter after that (she'll be 6 in two weeks)!

As all of us who know how the "process" works, it all depends on the pathology, whether or not it's in the nodes or has spread to other parts of the body. Without knowing that, it's only natural to let your imagination runaway with you!

Tell your friend that just because they found something, doesn't mean it's the worst of the worst. In many, many cases, it ends up being nothing or caught at such an early stage that it's completely curable.

I know it's hard not to think the worst. And playing the "waiting" game is by fare harder than just knowing what's going on. But, you just have to remain positive and know there are thousands of women (men too) that come out the other end with flying colors and go on to live long, happy lives!!

Keep us updated on her situation. In the meantime, I'll be saying a prayer for her:)

Blessings,
    Sally

You got it!
    Praying for your friend!

Sue :)
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Ritzy said:

You got it!
    Praying for your friend!

Sue :)

I will keep her in my
    I will keep her in my prayers also.
    Stef
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Prayers going up for your
    Prayers going up for your friend and you. She is a very lucky lady to have a friend like you. It is always the scariest at the beginning. She needs to be a fighter and I 'm sure she is. Holding her when she needs it and just being there makes you a best friend. She is always welcome here. We are here for both of you. Take care darlin Kay
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Absolutely prayers for your
    Absolutely prayers for your friend... If there was never another diagnosis I would be the happiest woman on the planet... along with all of you. Hopefully she will get a good report, I will hope and pray... if by chance the news is affermative, I know you will lead her here...and more importantly be one of the few people in her life that truly understand.

Hugs,

~T
  • pbrndm5
    pbrndm5 Member Posts: 83
    OF Course
    My thoughts will be with your friend!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    pbrndm5 said:

OF Course

Consider it done .. Prayers coming her way
    Strength and Courage .. for the beast ... Warriors, unite.

Vicki Sam
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Dawne....
    I will certainly include Vicki and her family in my prayers.

How well do we know that..."well, I'm gonna die" feeling. And it's horrible!

Please keep us updated.

God bless...
    CR
  • warrrior3
    warrrior3 Member Posts: 92
    CR1954 said:

Dawne....
    I will certainly include Vicki and her family in my prayers.

How well do we know that..."well, I'm gonna die" feeling. And it's horrible!

Please keep us updated.

God bless...
    CR

I will
    keep your friend in my prayers and positive thoughts.
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    warrrior3 said:

I will
    keep your friend in my prayers and positive thoughts.

Me too
    My prayers are there for her too. Take care.
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

Me too
    My prayers are there for her too. Take care.

Your friend
    Your friend is in my prayers.
    Jake was 5 when and I was 44 when I was diagnosed but I never once had the thought that Jake would have to live without me. I sat down with him and told him everything that was going to happen. The cancer center loaned me books/stories that explained it perfect for a child his age.

He is what got me through everything that I went through. Before I went to the hospital for surgery he and I went into the library and got books 2 of each one so when I was there I could call him at night and read to him while he was sitting in bed so it was still our time even though I wasn't sitting right there next to him. I also bought special cards for him that he opened everyday that I was at the hospital.

When I finished chemo Jake and I went to a camp for 4 days just the two of us and had an awesome time--it was not just celebrating finishing chemo but his birthday.

She will get through this--it is hard at first trying to figure everything out because I had to get my will all settled out because my mother was horrible at the time and was threatening to take Jake away from his father if anything happened to me and raise him herself--she didn't want Jake's dad to have anything to do with him--she is 71 now and he tires her right out even after a couple of hours so I don't see how she could raise him by herself.

Well I am here and I am raising him as a single parent and he sees his dad once a week and every other weekend. He is excelling in school and is a very happy child. He loves sports and does a variety of other things to stay active and keeps me active as well.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Of course, they're on the
    Of course, they're on the way.

Hugs,

Linda
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613

Of course, they're on the
    Of course, they're on the way.

Hugs,

Linda

Praying for Vicki now
    and will keep her in prayer.

She is very blessed to have you as a friend.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Yeap, that is all of us
    Yeap, that is all of us biggest fear. My prayers will be with her and her family.

Lupe
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    I will keep
    your friend in my thoughts and send her positive energy.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    ladyg said:

I will keep
    your friend in my thoughts and send her positive energy.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Thank You all
    Thank You all for your prayers for Vicki. I will let you know the results of her biopsy. It's not until the 17th.

Hugs,

Dawne
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    pbrndm5 said:

OF Course

Prayers for you and your
    Prayers for you and your friend.

Hugs, Jan
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    taleena said:

Absolutely prayers for your
    Absolutely prayers for your friend... If there was never another diagnosis I would be the happiest woman on the planet... along with all of you. Hopefully she will get a good report, I will hope and pray... if by chance the news is affermative, I know you will lead her here...and more importantly be one of the few people in her life that truly understand.

Hugs,

~T

Sending positive thoughts
    Sending positive thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Debby
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    fauxma said:

I will keep her in my
    I will keep her in my prayers also.
    Stef

Sending prayers for