A Sundanceh story

dmdwins
dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
Hey Craig!

I get updates from the C3 colon cancer coalition and just received one about a study in Japan were Labrador Retrievers were able to detect 95% of colon cancers by stool sample or breath samples. It reminded me of your story about your beloved Sundanceh and how he would lay his head were you had your cancer reocurrence. It was interesting information but heck you were way ahead of Japan....you already knew that !!! Rest his gentle soul.

Smiles,
Dawn

Comments

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Sundance the Happy Golden Retriever
    Hi Dawn

Sundance was way ahead of his time alright:)

"Rest his gentle soul" - indeed! Not a day goes by that I don't often think of him and what a blessing he really was to us. I wish we could have another day together, he was so smart.

Thanks so much, Dawn, for remembering this Texas Tale of our beautiful Sundance - he is missed. Your post made me think of him tonight.

And it's a true story - dogs are much smarter than they are given credit for. Sundance simply knew...plain and simple.

-Craig aka Sundance
  • okthen
    okthen Member Posts: 232
    Sundanceh said:

Sundance the Happy Golden Retriever
    Hi Dawn

Sundance was way ahead of his time alright:)

"Rest his gentle soul" - indeed! Not a day goes by that I don't often think of him and what a blessing he really was to us. I wish we could have another day together, he was so smart.

Thanks so much, Dawn, for remembering this Texas Tale of our beautiful Sundance - he is missed. Your post made me think of him tonight.

And it's a true story - dogs are much smarter than they are given credit for. Sundance simply knew...plain and simple.

-Craig aka Sundance

Just wanted to say hi to ya
    Just wanted to say hi to ya Craig and let you know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    I don't suppose you're at the super bowl are ya??
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    okthen said:

Just wanted to say hi to ya
    Just wanted to say hi to ya Craig and let you know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    I don't suppose you're at the super bowl are ya??

HI Chriss:)
    Ha ha! That's a good one....Jerry's charging $1000 just to park your car in a remote parking lot, LOL:) And they are charging people $300 just to stand outide the stadium and watch TV outside - that Jerry, he's a huckster...

We'll be watching the game from our "stadium suite" - aka the house. Kim is from PA, so she's a big Steelers fan, so this game is going to be fun for her.

We did go down to Ft. Worth yesterday and checked out Sundance Square (no relation) and saw all the people down there wearing all of these Packer and Steeler jerseys.....that's kinda' hard for a Cowboys guy, LOL:)

But it was interesting to breath in some of the atmosphere - we parked free and it was free to walk around. It's where CP8 was held, but it looked so different. At least I can say we participated in our city's activities as we hosted the Super Bowl, the biggest game on the planet.

As you might have seen on the news, Texas was blasted with the artic storm that touched so many of us. It really hindered all the activities planned for the week, but luckily the weather was ok yesterday, so we decided to give it the good ol' college try and venture into the traffic with everyone else.

Take care of yourselves and it's nice to talk to you - I think of you and Jack and the move you just made - and hope all is well. Continued success to Jack as he fights on - tell him I'm still 3 months more myself:)

Take care, Chriss

-Craig
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Ha ha! That's a good one....Jerry's charging $1000 just to park your car in a remote parking lot, LOL:) And they are charging people $300 just to stand outide the stadium and watch TV outside - that Jerry, he's a huckster...

We'll be watching the game from our "stadium suite" - aka the house. Kim is from PA, so she's a big Steelers fan, so this game is going to be fun for her.

We did go down to Ft. Worth yesterday and checked out Sundance Square (no relation) and saw all the people down there wearing all of these Packer and Steeler jerseys.....that's kinda' hard for a Cowboys guy, LOL:)

But it was interesting to breath in some of the atmosphere - we parked free and it was free to walk around. It's where CP8 was held, but it looked so different. At least I can say we participated in our city's activities as we hosted the Super Bowl, the biggest game on the planet.

As you might have seen on the news, Texas was blasted with the artic storm that touched so many of us. It really hindered all the activities planned for the week, but luckily the weather was ok yesterday, so we decided to give it the good ol' college try and venture into the traffic with everyone else.

Take care of yourselves and it's nice to talk to you - I think of you and Jack and the move you just made - and hope all is well. Continued success to Jack as he fights on - tell him I'm still 3 months more myself:)

Take care, Chriss

-Craig

Craig
    I am thinking you could rent out your driveway for a lot of $; maybe drop them at the game + pick them up after.

I think your Sundance was ahead of the pack!

I am really glad you are getting out + about; it must be exciting to be part of the SuperBowl fever.
  • okthen
    okthen Member Posts: 232
    Sundanceh said:

Take care, Chriss

-Craig

My ex husband lives in
    My ex husband lives in Weatherford, but was born in Pittsburgh...he told us about the prices, amazing!
    Jack was born and raised in Ft. Worth, lived there 46 years till we married and moved to Granbury..then Kansas.
    Always a Texan at heart though. (o: in fact my 13 y.o. daughter just said today she wants to move back to Texas, she misses it,,,she was 2 months old when we left. Ha Ha

Sorry Dawn,,,didn't mean to hijack your thread! (o:
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    okthen said:

My ex husband lives in
    My ex husband lives in Weatherford, but was born in Pittsburgh...he told us about the prices, amazing!
    Jack was born and raised in Ft. Worth, lived there 46 years till we married and moved to Granbury..then Kansas.
    Always a Texan at heart though. (o: in fact my 13 y.o. daughter just said today she wants to move back to Texas, she misses it,,,she was 2 months old when we left. Ha Ha

Sorry Dawn,,,didn't mean to hijack your thread! (o:

No worries
    No hijacking worries....the post was really intended for Craig and Sundance and just anyone else who was interested :).

Craig...Im sure Kim is bummed this morning along with thousands of others. I live in Pittsburgh and this town is insane about the Steelers or should I say Stillers. Pittsburgh public schools had a 2 hour delay because of the game...many others would have if they'd have won. Hope yuns have a great day n-nat. That would make Kim laugh.

Smiles,
    Dawn