got the blues

mzl0ve
mzl0ve Member Posts: 62
I have only had one chemo treatment, 15 more to go....
my levels are still off, the Dr. wans me to stay at home so i dont get sick ( boring) ican understand it, however all you can see are the same walls and if you look outside there nothing but snow. my port desided not to work this week.. and i have already ad to go in for more fluids. i know it will get better, i know i will beat this. im just grrrr ya know grrrrr thanks everyone for letting me vent.

Comments

• warrrior3
    warrrior3 Member Posts: 92
    In regard to the snow
    I know exactly what you mean! Between the ice, snow, sleet and cold I can totally relate to the boredom of being home. Winter in PA s*%#s!! Another storm is forecasted for tonight into tomorrow. Thank goodness we have the internet to socialize with our cyber sisters. Hang in there, spring is coming!!! I did not have to have chemo but have read many posts from others and know things will get better. Just take one day at a time. This is the place to come when you need to vent.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    I think that needing to vent
    I think that needing to vent is just a part of this disease. There are so many things that can frustrate us. Waiting, family, spouses, doctors, pain, fear, and the list goes on. I can understand your feelings. It's one thing to want to be home and just do nothing but when we "have" to stay home it is crazy climbing the walls time. And I can see that you realize the necessity of this and that you are pretty upbeat and have the right attitude that you can beat this, it will get better etc. But that does not ease the GRRR feeling right now. Are you a reader, a crafter, scrapbooker or have some kind of hobby or interest that you can persue right now? Something to help occupy your mind and make the days less boring. I hope the snow eases up and that your port is more accessible for your next treatment. Keeping you in my prayers and good thoughts and vent anytime you need to. Just expressing ourselves can sometimes help ease the grrrs.
    Stef
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    fauxma said:

I think that needing to vent
    I think that needing to vent is just a part of this disease. There are so many things that can frustrate us. Waiting, family, spouses, doctors, pain, fear, and the list goes on. I can understand your feelings. It's one thing to want to be home and just do nothing but when we "have" to stay home it is crazy climbing the walls time. And I can see that you realize the necessity of this and that you are pretty upbeat and have the right attitude that you can beat this, it will get better etc. But that does not ease the GRRR feeling right now. Are you a reader, a crafter, scrapbooker or have some kind of hobby or interest that you can persue right now? Something to help occupy your mind and make the days less boring. I hope the snow eases up and that your port is more accessible for your next treatment. Keeping you in my prayers and good thoughts and vent anytime you need to. Just expressing ourselves can sometimes help ease the grrrs.
    Stef

I am about stir crazy in
    I am about stir crazy in this house for the last 4 days!!!! this weather is so NOT the norm for us Texans and I'm GOING CRAZY. My daughter, my dogs, ME I will try to remember this bitter awful coldness in August......
  • PinkPearl
    PinkPearl Member Posts: 280
    Cabin Fever I guess!
    It is just cold here but we aren't used to that sooo I really feel for you who are trapped in the snow. Stef's ideas are good. Although my chemo is making me tired I am trying to do just little bits of things to keep me from boredom. I have a good book that I can only concentrate on about a chapter at a time but I least I am getting through it. After my mx I made little Thank you cards and sent them out and that was fun--like cutting and pasting back in elem school :). I am feeding the little birds so I can see something moving outside too. I also bought 3 picture frames to fill with photos of my little grandchildren to inspire me and I am slowly doing that. Just trying to think of something that might help you BUT... just GRRRR works too and sometimes that is what I need and do. Thinking of you!
  • mzl0ve
    mzl0ve Member Posts: 62
    PinkPearl said:

Cabin Fever I guess!
    It is just cold here but we aren't used to that sooo I really feel for you who are trapped in the snow. Stef's ideas are good. Although my chemo is making me tired I am trying to do just little bits of things to keep me from boredom. I have a good book that I can only concentrate on about a chapter at a time but I least I am getting through it. After my mx I made little Thank you cards and sent them out and that was fun--like cutting and pasting back in elem school :). I am feeding the little birds so I can see something moving outside too. I also bought 3 picture frames to fill with photos of my little grandchildren to inspire me and I am slowly doing that. Just trying to think of something that might help you BUT... just GRRRR works too and sometimes that is what I need and do. Thinking of you!

thank you everyone for
    thank you everyone for understanding, i have started plastic canvas, and quilting. just coming on here and reading everyones kind words help alot.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    mzl0ve said:

thank you everyone for
    thank you everyone for understanding, i have started plastic canvas, and quilting. just coming on here and reading everyones kind words help alot.

Hope today is better day for
    Hope today is better day for you. Just remember "this too will pass". As chen always says, "you do what you have to do, to do what you want to do. Hang in there, last year at this time I was in the throws of chemo and today I'm sitting here with hair again and much hope, living each day to the fullest. Treatment is not easy but it is doable, and as you can see we do get thru it. There is light at the other end of the tunnel. Honestly!!
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    natly15 said:

Hope today is better day for
    Hope today is better day for you. Just remember "this too will pass". As chen always says, "you do what you have to do, to do what you want to do. Hang in there, last year at this time I was in the throws of chemo and today I'm sitting here with hair again and much hope, living each day to the fullest. Treatment is not easy but it is doable, and as you can see we do get thru it. There is light at the other end of the tunnel. Honestly!!

well said......there is light....
    hang in there....you can get through this! I remember thinking I may not even be able to crawl to the end of the tunnel...but crawl and scratch I did...as I know you will. As Natly says....... there is light, each day is special, and hair and hope :-) This is the perfect place to vent and get all the support you need. We are all here for you to help you through........ Hugs
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Vent all you like!! So
    Vent all you like!! So sorry your stuck in, thank goodness for the internet. I'm in SD and we have a lot of snow (That's South Dakota, not SanDiego LOL). I've ran a plow truck and moved snow since I was a little girl, so this is something I enjoy, as for those who are not used to it, it stinks. I hope your blues go away soon, oh and the white stuff.
    Mountains of Love,
    ~Kari
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Sorry
    Sorry it is boring but you can't afford to catch everyone's germs when your system is compromised. It is still cold and flu season....so there are a lot of germs going on.

I watched funny videos like Airplane, The Fockers, and WWE Wrestling. Yes. Those wrestlers with their drama and goofy antics just cracked me up.

My mom bought me an electronic game player to do puzzles.

I listened to those ebooks.

So if you want me send you something.....let me know. You can send me a private message.
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Down
    Hi,

We all get down sometimes this is the place to vent. I am on SSDI and have been home now for 1 1/2 years. It can get you crazy. I used to work full time. The snow is a instant depressor lately. I know how you feel. I just try to find things to do. I went through all my pictures and organized them by year. I shreaded a bunch of stuff. There are things you can do if you think about it. Try to stay positive it will be over before you know it. Maybe plan something for when you are done like a weekend get away to look forward to. God Bless.

Terry
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    It is difficult to have to
    It is difficult to have to stay home. I did not have to, but I have talked to those who have had to. It will help you to stay well. It would be great if a friend could get you books from the library. Do you knit, draw, play computer games? Even all of that can get repetitive, but if you mix it up maybe it could help. How about taking a course on line? Hang in there, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It will all be worth it!
  • EllenaMaria
    EllenaMaria Member Posts: 69
    I stayed home from 2/10/10-
    I stayed home from 2/10/10- lumpectomy date- and returned to work 11/1/2010. I do not like to sit still. Being home was hard. I thought I would get all my scrapbooking done. 1200 pics do put in books, barely got any done. I did manage to learn some great cooking techniques. Was ironic though that I could not always taste the fruits of my labor at the time, but it was nice seeing the smiles from the family.

You can grrrr all you want. My kids would love to be socked in because of snow. But it is different being in because of chemo, it is such a disruption to our lives.