stereotactic treatments have begun

msccolon
msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
I had my first treatment of stereotactic radiosurgery, which is directed radiation, also known as gammaknife, cyberknife, etc. depending on the part of the body being radiated and what equipment is being used. I have been worried, since this is my first experience with radiation, but it went rather well. I have 3 more treatments, on the next 3 Fridays. I expect to get relief from the bleeding fairly soon, and relief from the pain after the treatments are over! My last scan showed additional mets, on my liver, in my lungs and my spleen, as well as soft tissue in my abdomen. Which means I will be going on systemic chemo after we finish the stereotactic treatments. We're going to look into trials, rather than just trying Xeloda. I've had a lot of chemo already, and I think 5FU has moved beyond it's usefulness to my cancer.

Your prayers, good vibes and thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
mary

Comments

• lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Lots of good wishes coming your way Mary
    I just finished 5 stereotactic (Gamma knife) txs to the 4 lung mts with good preliminary results (2 completely gone) and very minimal side effects. I hope all goes well for you too, especially finding another trial that will fit your needs.

all the best, Leslie
  • Luv2lunch
    Luv2lunch Member Posts: 270
    Miss Mary
    Mom's got you on the prayer list :)
    Hope all goes well for you.
    Linda and Mom (Miss Ellie)
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Luv2lunch said:

Miss Mary
    Mom's got you on the prayer list :)
    Hope all goes well for you.
    Linda and Mom (Miss Ellie)

Hey Mary
    I think you will be very satisified with the radiation you have chosen. Definately sending good vibes and prayers your way Mary!

Jennie
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Mary
    I hope it works wonders! All good thoughts are coming your way.
  • Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    Good vibes and sparks coming
    Good vibes and sparks coming your way. It sounds like your cancer has gone bonkers. Damn. I hope these treatments go well and that you can find the right drug to kill the rest of your band of bastards. I've always looked up to you Mary. Keep fighting and keep smiling.

Stay strong,

Roger
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Mary
    Sending you good vibes, thoughts, prayers and a cyber hand holding. Keep letting us know how it's going.
    Love at you,
    Winter Marie
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Praying for you!
    Mary,

I'll definitely pray for you! Really hoping they'll find just the right "magic" to get you clean of all those mets.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • C Dixon
    C Dixon Member Posts: 201
    I knew today would go well!
    I didn't know u had all that going on and i was complaining. I'll be praying forthe right trials and open options.

Catherine
  • C Dixon
    C Dixon Member Posts: 201
    I didn't know u had all that going on and i was complaining. I'll be praying forthe right trials and open options.

Catherine
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    C Dixon said:

Catherine

Mary, you are in my thoughts
    Mary, you are in my thoughts and prayers! Hang in there! Hugs!!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Nana b said:

Mary, you are in my thoughts
    Mary, you are in my thoughts and prayers! Hang in there! Hugs!!

Here you got my prayers Mary !
    Hang there! Hugs my dear friend!
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    pepebcn said:

Here you got my prayers Mary !
    Hang there! Hugs my dear friend!

dearest Dear Mary
    glad that is happening mary....not my first choice for a fun Friday activity....haha but so happy you are trying the radiation

sending you prayers and hugs and all best wishes

maggie
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    maglets said:

dearest Dear Mary
    glad that is happening mary....not my first choice for a fun Friday activity....haha but so happy you are trying the radiation

sending you prayers and hugs and all best wishes

maggie

Mary, sending all I have your way...
    in hopes that this will be a great leap in restoration of good health for you....have faith in your treatments..................Love to you, Buzz
  • msccolon
    Thank you!
    Your thoughts, prayers and good vibes certainly helped! The treatment went very smoothly. Of course, I didn't feel a thing, and with the Ativan on board, I was very relaxed indeed! No lingering pain, but definitely a bit tired. Ativan always does that to me, though. Every time I heard the radiation beam going, I repeated over and over, burn baby burn! I'm looking forward to the next 3, then getting on top of the rest of it. I'm sure we're going to get on top of all of it soon! I'm just looking forward to days when the pain isn't so intense and I can start doing things again! How nice it would be to consider a short road trip!
    mary
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    msccolon said:

Thank you!
    Your thoughts, prayers and good vibes certainly helped! The treatment went very smoothly. Of course, I didn't feel a thing, and with the Ativan on board, I was very relaxed indeed! No lingering pain, but definitely a bit tired. Ativan always does that to me, though. Every time I heard the radiation beam going, I repeated over and over, burn baby burn! I'm looking forward to the next 3, then getting on top of the rest of it. I'm sure we're going to get on top of all of it soon! I'm just looking forward to days when the pain isn't so intense and I can start doing things again! How nice it would be to consider a short road trip!
    mary

Good Going!
    Glad to hear it went so well, Mary. It's always great to get the first treatment done and out of the way :)

I'll look forward to hearing the positive results when they can tell how well it's worked :):)

Cheryl
  • AnneCan
    msccolon said:

Thank you!
    mary

I'm glad
    Mary, I am glad it went so well! I hope it works wonders. Start planning that road trip. And how is that little grandaughter of yours?
  • msccolon
    AnneCan said:

I'm glad
    Mary, I am glad it went so well! I hope it works wonders. Start planning that road trip. And how is that little grandaughter of yours?

my grand daughter
    Thanks for asking! She's still the cutest ever! She's talking with more words and clearer sentences every day! She has a play phone and when it rings and they ask who it is she always says it's Nana! :) We visit using Skype regularly and I just can't get enough of her! They were up here just before Christmas and will be back end of May, but I hope we will be able to get together before then as well!
    mary
  • AnneCan
    msccolon said:

my grand daughter
    Thanks for asking! She's still the cutest ever! She's talking with more words and clearer sentences every day! She has a play phone and when it rings and they ask who it is she always says it's Nana! :) We visit using Skype regularly and I just can't get enough of her! They were up here just before Christmas and will be back end of May, but I hope we will be able to get together before then as well!
    mary

Awww!
    It sounds like she is a true treasure! And she obviously loves her grandma! Skype is great for when grandchildren are far away.
  • krystiesq
    krystiesq Member Posts: 240 Member
    msccolon said:

my grand daughter
    mary

Mary
    I've been wondering about you lately. I have been so busy at work and home with my little darling Georgia that I have not been able to catch up with anyone on here or facebook. Mostly because my smart little girl knows she can watch Elmo on my iphone and on the computer so if anyone is on it she comes yelling, "Mo-mo, Mo-mo!" I'm glad to hear about your grand daughter too, my mom was Nana to my four nieces, but my little girl called her Yaya. I'll be sending you prayers and good vibes, for sure!
  • msccolon
    krystiesq said:

Mary
    I've been wondering about you lately. I have been so busy at work and home with my little darling Georgia that I have not been able to catch up with anyone on here or facebook. Mostly because my smart little girl knows she can watch Elmo on my iphone and on the computer so if anyone is on it she comes yelling, "Mo-mo, Mo-mo!" I'm glad to hear about your grand daughter too, my mom was Nana to my four nieces, but my little girl called her Yaya. I'll be sending you prayers and good vibes, for sure!

thank you!
    Kristi, I follow you on facebook and Georgia is getting to be such a big girl! What a beautiful thing she is turning out to be!
    mary