Biopsy Results?????

mom62
mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
Hi Everyone,

Okay, so on the day of the hugh storm here my doctor calls me with the results. At first I'm scared because I had a follow up appointment on the 9th to get them. Then he tells me they came okay. Then he tells me that doesn't mean it's not cancer, it just could be that they didn't get the right spot. Well what's funny is after the biopsy which was done with a CT scan mind you I looked at my bandage and it wasn't near where I was having the pain in my chest wall. Is it just me? My oncologist is saying the same thing about my ribs, it could be cancer causing the fractures or maybe not. Does anyone know anything? I'm greatful the biopsy came back good don't get me wrong I'm not looking for trouble. I would just like to know why I'm in so much pain all the time. It's not in my head!!!!! I just didn't know if anyone else gets the same answers sometimes. I'm swearing off doctors for a couple of months. I need a break (besides they all scheduled me for three months out). Thanks for letting me vent!

Terry

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Hi Terry
    Wow, you would think they would scan the whole area where you have felt discomfort. I'm sorry you're having to go through all that confusion.

It's not in your head. Maybe you need to suggest they do a complete PET scan of the entire body instead of certain areas, especially if he sounds unsure himself. You'd think he would want to know instead of assuming.

I'm praying all is clear of the big "C". However, don't put it off for months if you still have a lot of pain. Get a PET if you can.

After all this Chemo & radiation and surgeries, I am living with "pain pockets". I just figured this is the norm for many folks coming out of this. I'm thinking that since the Chemo pushed me through a chemical menopause early at 45, then I had a total hysterectomy at 49, my body is just behaving as if it's much older...aches & pains.

Saying prayers all will be well,

Sylvia
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    time for a second opinion
    If you ask me it is time for you to seek another Dr. and get a second opinion. I agree that they should test the area where the pain is, and if they did not find anything with a biopsy, an ultrasound or whole-body scan, or something else should be done. Yes, it can take time to find answers when it comes to cancer, but pain is an indicator of a problem and I would surely want to find out what the problem is.

Hope this helps, seof
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    seof said:

time for a second opinion
    If you ask me it is time for you to seek another Dr. and get a second opinion. I agree that they should test the area where the pain is, and if they did not find anything with a biopsy, an ultrasound or whole-body scan, or something else should be done. Yes, it can take time to find answers when it comes to cancer, but pain is an indicator of a problem and I would surely want to find out what the problem is.

Hope this helps, seof

Good news or no news
    Terry,
    let's think you have gotten good news. Please be vigilant, we wish the docs could understand better... Are you going to see him on 9th?
    Wishing you a nice weekend.
  • mom62
    I've Had it All
    Hi,

I have had a recent PET and CT scan. They did show signs of brighness as they call it. The problem is I've had so many surgeries they really can't biopsy in certain areas. I guess I'll just have to wait I have seen both oncologist and surgeon regarding this and actually my surgeon is more pro active than my oncologist. I guess I just have to wait for the next round of PET and CT scans. I'm not sure how often the insurance will pay for it. I usually get them every 6 months so it will be June before I get another. Just hate having pain, but I guess at least I'm not on a heart transplant list or something worse. I guess we have to look at the bright side.....

Terry
  • mom62

Good news or no news
    Terry,
    let's think you have gotten good news. Please be vigilant, we wish the docs could understand better... Are you going to see him on 9th?
    Wishing you a nice weekend.

No
    No the surgeon said see you in three months, no reason to come in and see him again right now. I guess I should just relax but it's hard. Thanks for all the well wishes.

Terry
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    It is very frustrating
    It is very frustrating Terry. Having a biopsy is stressfull and painful and the waiting is painful emotionally. But for you, the results have not given you any answers. Hang in there. In three months, I hope the doc has a plan of solving this mystery.