Movement and pain under new silicone implant

Clementine_P
Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
Hi all, I am new to the board and have a question that I am not sure if any of you have dealt with. I had my exchange surgery over two months ago and a week or so ago noticed that one of my implants was a little lower than the other. This morning I awoke with pain underneath that implant (not terrible but a persistent pain). I am scheduled to have my nipple surgery a week from today so called my PS to tell him what was going on. They seemed perplexed and told me to call back on Monday and if I am still experiencing pain that they would squeeze me in on Wednesday so that he can see the issue before my scheduled surgery and potentially get to it on Friday as well. Except for looking a little lower and the pain, everything else seems completely normal. Have any of you experienced a similar problem?

Comments

• CandaceMM
    CandaceMM Member Posts: 68
    Yep
    Going thru this now. I had exchange surgery on 12/29. Last weekend lefty started drooping. Over 3 days it finally sunk under my arm. "out of the pocket". Theres a 15% chance of this post exchange. The remedy is surgery, remove implant, stitch up muscle pocket, replace implant. My surgery was scheduled for today but the darn ice storm cancelled it. So, I'm on hold for another week...blah! I'm new to all of this, too. Let's keep in touch, I'd like to hear what your doc says. For now, I'm just staying as inactive as possible.

Sorry your having to go thru this, it sucks!
    Candace
  • Clementine_P
    CandaceMM said:

Yep
    Going thru this now. I had exchange surgery on 12/29. Last weekend lefty started drooping. Over 3 days it finally sunk under my arm. "out of the pocket". Theres a 15% chance of this post exchange. The remedy is surgery, remove implant, stitch up muscle pocket, replace implant. My surgery was scheduled for today but the darn ice storm cancelled it. So, I'm on hold for another week...blah! I'm new to all of this, too. Let's keep in touch, I'd like to hear what your doc says. For now, I'm just staying as inactive as possible.

Sorry your having to go thru this, it sucks!
    Candace

Thank you!
    I am sorry you are going through this too but it is nice to know that I am not the only one. Was your implant silicone as well? I'll definitely let you know what my doctor says. This weather is unbelievable! Hang in there and I hope next week everything works out great.

Best,
    Clementine
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Thank you!
    I am sorry you are going through this too but it is nice to know that I am not the only one. Was your implant silicone as well? I'll definitely let you know what my doctor says. This weather is unbelievable! Hang in there and I hope next week everything works out great.

Best,
    Clementine

Yes .. I too had this experience, devasting - after
    all we WARRIORS go thru - to finally reached that finish line -- sigh of relief, we can see out 'before' life - and a chance at getting back there .. Ugh, there goes the sagging, or drooping new ta-ta. .. or as some refer to this site - out of the pocket. I had to wait 8 weeks from my exchange surgery to get it fix .. nice thing about this surgery, no drains and my entire 'C' cup breast was NOT cut. Just a small portion of my breast was accessed, and my recovery time along with my mental state - remedied by devastation!

I was asked to wear a sports bra - 24/7 for this first year. After the first year, I do not have to ever wear any sort of bra again! Or so they say :-)

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam
  • Chickadee1955
    Chickadee1955 Member Posts: 356 Member
    VickiSam said:

all we WARRIORS go thru - to finally reached that finish line -- sigh of relief, we can see out 'before' life - and a chance at getting back there .. Ugh, there goes the sagging, or drooping new ta-ta. .. or as some refer to this site - out of the pocket. I had to wait 8 weeks from my exchange surgery to get it fix .. nice thing about this surgery, no drains and my entire 'C' cup breast was NOT cut. Just a small portion of my breast was accessed, and my recovery time along with my mental state - remedied by devastation!

I was asked to wear a sports bra - 24/7 for this first year. After the first year, I do not have to ever wear any sort of bra again! Or so they say :-)

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam

Must be the time of year....
    I had my implant exchange 12/30 and was on the phone to PS's office this week. Lefty hurts like the dickens when I move certain ways. Was told it was not uncommon for the pain and hypersensitivity; no problem unless it is accompanied by discoloration and/or fever.

From Day 1 after the implant exchange Lefty has been lower than her Right Sister, but PS says it could be a year before they have migrated to their permanent locale. I had bilateral mastectomy in April 2010 and my surgeon left lots of skin/tissue for the PS to play with during reconstruction. Unfortunately for my sans clothing appearance the leftover skin sits below either implant and I am anxiously awaiting the implants to go south and fill that skin up. I've gone from zero breasts to an odd double-decker look. Can't get them into a bra, either. I think that despite being cautioned, I had unreasonable expectations that reconstruction would result in something a little better looking right out of the blocks.

You're right, Vicki Sam, it is tough to think you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and realize you've got a few more turns in the tunnel!
  • Clementine_P
    VickiSam said:

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam

Well, I too was told that
    I would never have to wear a bra again, but now I am not so sure. The pain seems to be resolving but it is definitely lower than it was. I think I am going to give it a few days and see what is up. I am scheduled for my nipple flap procedure on Friday. I am definitely looking forward to this being over! Thanks for your encouragement. Very good to know that it is fixable if it comes to that. your strength gives me strength.

Best,
    Clementine
  • Clementine_P

Must be the time of year....
    I had my implant exchange 12/30 and was on the phone to PS's office this week. Lefty hurts like the dickens when I move certain ways. Was told it was not uncommon for the pain and hypersensitivity; no problem unless it is accompanied by discoloration and/or fever.

From Day 1 after the implant exchange Lefty has been lower than her Right Sister, but PS says it could be a year before they have migrated to their permanent locale. I had bilateral mastectomy in April 2010 and my surgeon left lots of skin/tissue for the PS to play with during reconstruction. Unfortunately for my sans clothing appearance the leftover skin sits below either implant and I am anxiously awaiting the implants to go south and fill that skin up. I've gone from zero breasts to an odd double-decker look. Can't get them into a bra, either. I think that despite being cautioned, I had unreasonable expectations that reconstruction would result in something a little better looking right out of the blocks.

You're right, Vicki Sam, it is tough to think you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and realize you've got a few more turns in the tunnel!

Agreed
    that I guess we had unreasonable expectations. I didn't know that it could take a year for them to end up in their final homes. That is comforting. I was told that my muscles were really tight and that it would take 3-6 months to resolve. I am beginning to think that one side of my body (my not dominant side) is starting to ease up but that my other side hasn't gotten there yet. I'm new here and it is really great to be able to hear that others have experienced similar things. You guys are great. Thanks so much.
  • parris
    parris Member Posts: 23

Well, I too was told that
    I would never have to wear a bra again, but now I am not so sure. The pain seems to be resolving but it is definitely lower than it was. I think I am going to give it a few days and see what is up. I am scheduled for my nipple flap procedure on Friday. I am definitely looking forward to this being over! Thanks for your encouragement. Very good to know that it is fixable if it comes to that. your strength gives me strength.

Best,
    Clementine

Capsular contracture
    I also thought that I was finish with my surgeries after my double mastectomy w/reconstruction. Its been 1 1/2 years since then and had revision surgery 12/10 because of capsular contracture, this is when one breast has not feel into place because of scar tissue etc. Look it up on line for a more detailed definition and pictures.

I will be switching from my saline implants to gel implants.

Good luck!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    parris said:

Capsular contracture
    I also thought that I was finish with my surgeries after my double mastectomy w/reconstruction. Its been 1 1/2 years since then and had revision surgery 12/10 because of capsular contracture, this is when one breast has not feel into place because of scar tissue etc. Look it up on line for a more detailed definition and pictures.

I will be switching from my saline implants to gel implants.

Good luck!

Parris .. I have gel's, which was m original
    decision .. and I LOVE them. No two ways around it!

Let us know how things are progressing.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam
  • parris
    parris Member Posts: 23
    VickiSam said:

Parris .. I have gel's, which was m original
    decision .. and I LOVE them. No two ways around it!

Let us know how things are progressing.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam

Thanx Vicki
    I hope I will be

Thanx Vicki

I hope I will be just as happy as you are about your new girls. LOL
    I noticed you said you have a "C" cup, how many cc's is that??? My
    PS said my implants will be 500 cc to get a C cup.

Can I add you as a friend?