Get ready for the COLD - it's coming!

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Those east and south of SW SD, get ready - it's coming!

Right now it's a few minutes after 5 pm MST and we are already down to -13F (actual) with wind chill -44F. We didn't get much snow out of this one but my understanding is it's going to get going 'better' as it heads on. Supposed to get donw to -24F (actual) tonight.

So get ready - get all the pets in - it'll be many a dog night tomorrow or next day for ya'll.

Susan

Comments

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    AGAIN?
    OMG! I most certainly do not envy you. I cannot even imagine cold like you described. I live about 45 miles south of San Francisco. We had a high of about 60 degrees here today. Bless you for thinking of your pets (and those of everyone else). :)
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Yikes!
    I live in AZ now, but grew up in cold, snowy upstate NY. Stay safe and warm all of you in the storm's path.

Hugs, Renee
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Yucky, you get our kind of
    Yucky, you get our kind of weather! Glad you mentioned the pets, I worry that some people don't consider their dogs/cats livestock in weather like that. We feed 3 stray cats and keep a heat lamp on so their food and water doesn't freeze.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    missrenee said:

Yikes!
    I live in AZ now, but grew up in cold, snowy upstate NY. Stay safe and warm all of you in the storm's path.

Hugs, Renee

We're all scrambling
    in Texas...we really make a big deal when the temps get this low. Supposed to be 19 Wednesday with 30 mph winds so needless to say, the supermarkets are packed! You'd think a hurricane was coming.

Back in 1986, when I was 26, San Antonio came out on the national news with Dan Rather because there was a fluke in the weather. We got 13 inches of snow!!! On super rare occassions before that, MAYBE 1-2 inches (and I can count in my 26 years the times it snowed on one hand) but 13 inches, we freaked!!

It was unexpected and we were at a complete stand still...for days!! HA!!

Stay warm everyone!
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    We've seen that kind of cold,
    but thankfully not this year - so far! The year before my daughter was born it was 45 below with the wind chill on Valentines day.

We are expecting a one two punch tomorrow and Wednesday. Might get a foot & a half of snow, but Wednesday it could be a mixed bag - how I hate ice, freezing rain! - it will make very heavy snow and hubby will be raking off the roof to relieve the weight.

Everyone take care!

Sue
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    sbmly53 said:

We've seen that kind of cold,
    but thankfully not this year - so far! The year before my daughter was born it was 45 below with the wind chill on Valentines day.

We are expecting a one two punch tomorrow and Wednesday. Might get a foot & a half of snow, but Wednesday it could be a mixed bag - how I hate ice, freezing rain! - it will make very heavy snow and hubby will be raking off the roof to relieve the weight.

Everyone take care!

Sue

Oh my .... How much more can you all take???????
    I am so sorry .. and I hope this new storm misses you! Wishful thinking, right?

Please try and stay safe.

Strength an Courage,

Vicki Sam
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Susan,
    I can't even fathom

Susan,
    I can't even fathom those temperatures. I hate it when we get to the forties. I heard there is supposed to be cold, cold weather from the Rockies to the east coast. BRRR!! Well, stock up and batten down to all those facing this weather. Hope it doesn't last long.
    Stef
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Its brrrrcold here too.
    Its brrrrcold here too. Stay safe and warm. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    San Antonio
    It's supposed to get to 15 degrees tonight according to weather.com. I'm getting out the hot chocolate and popcorn.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    fauxma said:

Susan,
    I can't even fathom

Susan,
    I can't even fathom those temperatures. I hate it when we get to the forties. I heard there is supposed to be cold, cold weather from the Rockies to the east coast. BRRR!! Well, stock up and batten down to all those facing this weather. Hope it doesn't last long.
    Stef

It is cold for anyone - but
    It is cold for anyone - but especially for little old Native Floridian Me. So far today we have made it up to -5F (wind chill -28F). Tomorrow we are to be in the single digits above.

Susan