***UPDATE***.........Sorry to Complain but I need advice.... My chest hurts...****UPDATE***

idlehunters
idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Why is it always something??????? I have been feeling great but now this weird crap is going on and I don't know what it is. I am having this pain in my chest...right between my boobs....behind that big center bone. It feels like someone is squeezing me. It gets worse when I stand and I have to bend over til it subsides. Then I get a pain in my butt bone... what??? why??? can't hardly walk just for a second.... then it all stops. It's been going on since yesterday. No breathing problems...even when it's at its worse. Onc-on-call said it ain't my heart or I would be dead since it's been going on this long.... Thought maybe with diet change and new supplements maybe that...but Naturopath says no.... no gas... some diarrhea...but poopin is irregular.....only go in morning...eating like a sow ... Anyone ever have anything like this?

Jennie

oh yeah...i do have pnemonia in rt lung but only a slight cough and on steroids for that

***UPDATE***
Had a very rough nite with the chest pain. My husband works midnights and even took off last nite because he was so concerned about me......aweeee!! I know right! But finally fell asleep round 3am and sleept sound till 8. When I woke..NO PAIN..oh my gosh it felt great. Went to doc later in the morning (go figure all symptoms disappeared)but that is WAAY ok...... Doc knew right away what it was.... the steroid I was taking for the pnemonia. Stomach cramping and pain is a side effect of that drug. It just so happened that I took the last one in the pack (prednisone) yesterday morning so by this morning it was wearing off thus..no more side effects!!!! It really put me on the alert...from now on every pill that goes in my mouth will be researched first. On a better note....... waking up next to the hubby and feeling good caused this RARE weird feeling... If I remember correctly I think they call it sex????? woohoo..... LOL.....Thank ya'll for your caring thoughts....

Comments

• Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Hey Jennie
    I don't have any idea except for maybe gas. Sometimes I get gas that doesn't go down the pipes but, up the pipes instead and the pain in the sterum area can be just awful. I finally understand how people go to the ER for gas thinking that it might be a heart attack. I'm hoping yours is just gas. And hoping that you fell better soon. HUGS
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Jennie
    Does this pain come on just any old time, or is it during or soon after eating or drinking?

The pain in the sternum area (breast bone) could be from too much trying to go down at once...kinda like swallowing an ice cube as a kid. But I have never heard of it then traveling to the tail bone. I have also heard that heartburn can cause this type of pain.

Do you have a gastro doc still? He might have some ideas as to cause.

Hope you feel better soon and that the pneumonia clears up quickly.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • idlehunters

Dear Jennie
    Does this pain come on just any old time, or is it during or soon after eating or drinking?

The pain in the sternum area (breast bone) could be from too much trying to go down at once...kinda like swallowing an ice cube as a kid. But I have never heard of it then traveling to the tail bone. I have also heard that heartburn can cause this type of pain.

Do you have a gastro doc still? He might have some ideas as to cause.

Hope you feel better soon and that the pneumonia clears up quickly.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

Hi Marie
    Pain is always present but seems worse in the evening...like right now.... I am wondering if I have gas hung up in there like Dizz said...... I am going to doc tomorrow just so I know. Thank you guys for your quick responses!

jennie
  • Hi Marie
    Pain is always present but seems worse in the evening...like right now.... I am wondering if I have gas hung up in there like Dizz said...... I am going to doc tomorrow just so I know. Thank you guys for your quick responses!

jennie

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    do you still have your
    do you still have your gallbladder?
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Maybe gas
    I went to the ER about a year ago for pain that felt like a heart attack, and it turned out to be gas that was trapped. I have such a horrible time with my gastrointestinal system since the resection. I think you need to consult a gastro to be sure what is going on. If it's not that, maybe it is the pneumonia?

*hugs*
    Gail
  • idlehunters
    unknown said:

Kathy
    Folfiri has been my one and only chemo since day 1 but I never got heartburn from it. Seeing doc tomorrow so I hope they figure it out.... I feel horrible.

Jennie
  • idlehunters
    Patteee said:

do you still have your
    do you still have your gallbladder?

Hey Patteee!
    Yes, I do still have my gallbladder...why you ask?

Jennie
  • idlehunters
    tootsie1 said:

Maybe gas
    I went to the ER about a year ago for pain that felt like a heart attack, and it turned out to be gas that was trapped. I have such a horrible time with my gastrointestinal system since the resection. I think you need to consult a gastro to be sure what is going on. If it's not that, maybe it is the pneumonia?

*hugs*
    Gail

Hi Gail
    In the last hour I have started having gas.....Not a lot but I haven't had any in days!..... Normally I am VERY gassy but for the last week not so much. I just can't imagine that gas can be this far up my chest and hurt this bad....strange... Take care

Jennie
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Dang it
    Jennie, I don't have one word of advice or sage wisdom to offer for your symptoms, but golly dang it girlie, quit having problems!!!! LOL, okay, thinking of you, hoping your pain goes away soon, that you find it's something very minor indeed. You cracked me up with the "eating like a sow" words. LMAO.
    Love at ya
    Winter Marie
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member

Hi Gail
    In the last hour I have started having gas.....Not a lot but I haven't had any in days!..... Normally I am VERY gassy but for the last week not so much. I just can't imagine that gas can be this far up my chest and hurt this bad....strange... Take care

Jennie

After my laporoscopy, I had such pain....
    In my shoulders!!!

There is a technical term for it, something like 'pain transferrance'...lol...maybe it is the same with gas pain...lol...

The BEST thing you said is that you are going to the doctor! This is not to be messed around with...self-diagnosis is NOT the way to go!!!

Please let us know...

Dutch hugs, Kathi
  • mommyof2kds
    mommyof2kds Member Posts: 519

Dang it
    Jennie, I don't have one word of advice or sage wisdom to offer for your symptoms, but golly dang it girlie, quit having problems!!!! LOL, okay, thinking of you, hoping your pain goes away soon, that you find it's something very minor indeed. You cracked me up with the "eating like a sow" words. LMAO.
    Love at ya
    Winter Marie

Hope you feel better. Keep
    Hope you feel better. Keep up updated. HUgs.. Petrina
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Maybe gas

*hugs*
    Gail

had similar, ER visit re chest pain pre cancer, it was reflux
    So I suggest seeing your doctor versus the onc and naturopath.

sometimes the ONC just say its not chemo or cancer and they wash their hands.

You maybe detoxing, but now you have some worrying new pain you should get it sorted and maybe ASAP.

I love the way both naturopath and ONC said its not there problem.

Well :"Hello" but its certainly your problem and you are their patient.

My bet is you got the lung problems, its pretty close to where the pain is, so maybe they are related. But I describe myslf as a cleaner.

The only thing worse than self diagnosis is the board diagnosis, which I know we would never do as its against the rules.

Goodluck getting to the bottom of the pain with a good caring, effective doctor.

Pete
  • Hope you feel better. Keep
    Hope you feel better. Keep up updated. HUgs.. Petrina

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Hi Jennie:
    Sounds a lot like hearburn, gas going up not down, acid reflux. If you have made a drastic diet change it could be your system adjusting to it. That coupled with pneumonia in your right lung.

Take care hon - Tina
  • luvmylife
    luvmylife Member Posts: 76
    Could it be a Hiatal Hernia?
    Could it be a Hiatal Hernia? But it could also be due to the fact that you already have pneumonia.

Hope you feel better soon!!!

Jan
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    dear Jennie
    Hi Jennie,

I've experienced pain like you've described in my chest/sternum area before- the big bone between the boobs, as you put it :) Mine was from the neupogen shots and more recently the neulasta shot. It hurts in the sternum and other bone areas because it regenerates the bone marrow and that hurts! Very weird though how I just read your post and I started having those gripping pains again last night. I feel ok so far today. Anyhow, because it was so severe, my onc last time insisted that I go in to my "regular" doctor and get an EKG. I did and it was normal. I had really thought I was having a heart attack that last time. I normally do pretty well with the neulasta shots, but I'm assuming my pain last night was from it. It took my breath away, came in pulses and I also felt it in my lower spine. It was bad again last night & I haven't experienced that in months. It has to be from the neulasta causing the bone marrow to generate, since all is fine now.

Pneumonia can really pack a punch, though- I would think your lung pain is probably from that. I don't know about the butt bone.

Best wishes, girl- you've had TOO much going on lately!

Take care,
    Lisa
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Jennie
    I am sorry you have this pain + hope it resolves soon.
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945

Hey Patteee!
    Yes, I do still have my gallbladder...why you ask?

Jennie

could be the gallbladder.
    could be the gallbladder. They are pretty painful! I remember the feeling, "if I could just fart, or burb"....My last attack came 30 mins after eating a slice of cheese pizza. Usually it is the fat part of a diet that sets them off.
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Glad your feeling better
    and really glad you got laid...it does us good....Miss you

HUGS
    Beth