Update !!

Dapsterd
Dapsterd Member Posts: 291
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
Well Family----just got out of Hospital after 3 weeks due to strep-pneumonia infection in the plueral, right side. Very rough--collapsed in ER with severe pain and could not breathe, was on supplement oxygen for a week.

I am now home on IV antibiotics for a month, then I will have a CT Scan, then my new doc's think they can remove my upper right lobe and I will be NED.

The lymphnodes showed no cancer remaining, right upper and maybe middle lobe with tumor can now come out according to my thorassic surgeon.
I already had 1st round chemo and radiation this June through Nov., 2010.

The new Docs think I was classified incorrectly as a IIIB, not operable, they wish to change it to IIIA and then there will be no reason not to do Vats on right lung in say March.

We will see !!!!!!!!!

Thanx

Dave

Comments

• kelli1843
    kelli1843 Member Posts: 72
    Well, certainly hoping for
    Well, certainly hoping for all the best for you!
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    kelli1843 said:

Well, certainly hoping for
    Well, certainly hoping for all the best for you!

Dave
    Wow, you have been through a rough time. I am glad you are home. This sounds like the tx did its job and now you may have it surically removed, which is great. I hope you feel better and better everyday. Lori
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398
    z said:

Dave
    Wow, you have been through a rough time. I am glad you are home. This sounds like the tx did its job and now you may have it surically removed, which is great. I hope you feel better and better everyday. Lori

Sounds like good news. Hope
    Sounds like good news. Hope everything goes well for you. Best of luck and god bless.