Cant do rads

13»

Comments

• canjuncutie
    canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
    tgf said:

So Sorry
    I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. But ... I agree with the others who have said there MUST be some misunderstanding between you and the people at the radiation center. What you say is not what most of us have experienced. We were able to take a bath/shower. I did not have tattoos .. instead I had the "magic marker" Xs with tape on top ... on several places. They were NOT necessarily over the spot where the cancer was. They were placed in on the spots that needed radiation... so they were kind of all over the place. I was told I could take a bath/shower ... but just NOT to scrub on the tape covering the X's. I was NEVER told I could not be around people.

I think many of us are just confused about ... what surgery you had ... have you had chemo ... how long ago did you have surgery/chemo ... because that might have something to do with your pain.

And ... as others have said ... you MUST take someone with you next time you go to the oncologist or radiologist. It ALWAYS helps to have an extra pair of ears ... and often that someone else might have a question or two of their own. But ... you do need clarification on what you can and can't do. There are creams for the burning ... special soap to use while having radiation (maybe that's what you got confused about ... you CAN NOT take a bath or shower with your regular soap. You CAN NOT use your regular deodarant etc.) ... but ... you need NOT give up on radiation. Sure ... the cancer can come back ... but radiation is just one more excellent tool to lessen the chances of it coming back. Do everything you can to try and get through it. Your life may depend on it.

And ... by any chance are you in Louisiana?

hugs.
    Teena

this what i asked for
    I was given an attitude how dare i ask. I am sorry to say it was nothing but a business you strip and freeze do what they say dont question them.surgery 8/18/2010 chemo ended the day before news eve. call kerwin ti tell him about the problem got told he not my doc then why did i go thru the ct scan. im in tampa bay fl. i work mon in pain i cant time time off of work. not really with the secondary cancers that can come. and the heart problems. i was given none i asked. got told you dont need them .
  • canjuncutie
    tgf said:

So Sorry
    I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. But ... I agree with the others who have said there MUST be some misunderstanding between you and the people at the radiation center. What you say is not what most of us have experienced. We were able to take a bath/shower. I did not have tattoos .. instead I had the "magic marker" Xs with tape on top ... on several places. They were NOT necessarily over the spot where the cancer was. They were placed in on the spots that needed radiation... so they were kind of all over the place. I was told I could take a bath/shower ... but just NOT to scrub on the tape covering the X's. I was NEVER told I could not be around people.

I think many of us are just confused about ... what surgery you had ... have you had chemo ... how long ago did you have surgery/chemo ... because that might have something to do with your pain.

And ... as others have said ... you MUST take someone with you next time you go to the oncologist or radiologist. It ALWAYS helps to have an extra pair of ears ... and often that someone else might have a question or two of their own. But ... you do need clarification on what you can and can't do. There are creams for the burning ... special soap to use while having radiation (maybe that's what you got confused about ... you CAN NOT take a bath or shower with your regular soap. You CAN NOT use your regular deodarant etc.) ... but ... you need NOT give up on radiation. Sure ... the cancer can come back ... but radiation is just one more excellent tool to lessen the chances of it coming back. Do everything you can to try and get through it. Your life may depend on it.

And ... by any chance are you in Louisiana?

hugs.
    Teena

this what i asked for
    I was given an attitude how dare i ask. I am sorry to say it was nothing but a business you strip and freeze do what they say dont question them.surgery 8/18/2010 chemo ended the day before news eve. call kerwin ti tell him about the problem got told he not my doc then why did i go thru the ct scan. im in tampa bay fl. i work mon in pain i cant time time off of work. not really with the secondary cancers that can come. and the heart problems. i was given none i asked. got told you dont need them .
  • PinkPearl
    PinkPearl Member Posts: 280
    Cajuncutie!
    I think you can do rads because I can tell you are a strong woman who can take alot because you already have. I think if you have absolutely no one to go with you to the appts. then run to some church there and ask them if someone can go with you to drive you home and also act as a second pair of ears for you and that person can also ask some of your questions again if you don't get satisactory answers. Also they can listen more calmly since you are having pain. It may be hard to ask someone to go with you but I know I would if you asked me; maybe there is someone you work with that would go. They would understand your situation. Fight this thing with all you have, many people beat this cancer. Ask about an antidepressent to help you through too. It won't make you feel bad and may help to calm you down during treatments- no one wants you to feel like you are better off dead. God isn't finished with you yet, girl!!
  • PinkPearl
    PinkPearl Member Posts: 280
    Cajuncutie!
    I think you can do rads because I can tell you are a strong woman who can take alot because you already have. I think if you have absolutely no one to go with you to the appts. then run to some church there and ask them if someone can go with you to drive you home and also act as a second pair of ears for you and that person can also ask some of your questions again if you don't get satisactory answers. Also they can listen more calmly since you are having pain. It may be hard to ask someone to go with you but I know I would if you asked me; maybe there is someone you work with that would go. They would understand your situation. Fight this thing with all you have, many people beat this cancer. Ask about an antidepressent to help you through too. It won't make you feel bad and may help to calm you down during treatments- no one wants you to feel like you are better off dead. God isn't finished with you yet, girl!!
  • canjuncutie
    PinkPearl said:

Cajuncutie!

problem
    i wont take antidesspressants beacuse of them it took eight yr to get a dx . i have report the doc went to my medicial onco and ask for a new radss doc. one i can talk to one that will listen to my qustion and give me the right way of caring for my skin.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

problem
    i wont take antidesspressants beacuse of them it took eight yr to get a dx . i have report the doc went to my medicial onco and ask for a new radss doc. one i can talk to one that will listen to my qustion and give me the right way of caring for my skin.

Very glad that you will be
    Very glad that you will be getting a new rads oncologist. And, good luck to you.

Hugs, Debby
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

problem

Very glad that you will be
    Very glad that you will be getting a new rads oncologist. And, good luck to you.

Hugs, Debby
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    PinkPearl said:

Cajuncutie!

Sending prayers and gentle
    Sending prayers and gentle hugs.

Leeza
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

this what i asked for

Sincerely hoping that you
    Sincerely hoping that you can finish rads. You do need to stop them for a few weeks though. Let your skin clear up and then finish. But, not with this quack. You need a new rads oncologist. Good luck!

♥ Noel
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    MAJW said:

Sparkle is right on!
    We have to work through pain, misery and everything else to regain our health...it is worth it!
    Well said Sparkle!

Post when you can. Just
    Post when you can. Just wanted to know how everything was going with you now inre to rads.

Hugs, Jan
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    jnl said:

Sending prayers and gentle
    Sending prayers and gentle hugs.

Leeza

Second set of ears
    I'm very happy you're seeing a new radiation oncologist. When is the appointment? I think it really helps to have someone with you who UNDERSTANDS and who you TRUST. My husband was with me every time for a new consult, but I'm not sure he really understood everything. He got pretty glassy-eyed sometimes. But he heard what I heard, asked questions I didn't think about, and we could talk about it afterwards.

What was the most helpful to me is this board, tho. Someone always knew what I was stressing over. I hope we can provide that support to you as you continue on your journey. Please keep us up-to-date.

Suzanne
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Second set of ears
    I'm very happy you're seeing a new radiation oncologist. When is the appointment? I think it really helps to have someone with you who UNDERSTANDS and who you TRUST. My husband was with me every time for a new consult, but I'm not sure he really understood everything. He got pretty glassy-eyed sometimes. But he heard what I heard, asked questions I didn't think about, and we could talk about it afterwards.

What was the most helpful to me is this board, tho. Someone always knew what I was stressing over. I hope we can provide that support to you as you continue on your journey. Please keep us up-to-date.

Suzanne

Canjancutie?
    You haven't posted as to how you are doing. If you can, will you please update us.

Kind of worried,

Sue :)