My new avatar-another Dutch adventure!

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
This is from a city named Utrecht, in The Netherlands.

We visited 2 museums that day...one, my fav (I collect music boxes), is the music box museum "MUSEUM SPEELKLOK". It is housed in an old church, complete with the church organ and many beautiful dance organs. The other museum, the train museum "SPOORWEG MUSEUM", is the one in the picture. These are both magnificent museums, and I will visit them often. The train museum even has the private cars (full sized) that used to carry the queen and other royals around in the days of rail travel... The building, itself, is the old railway station...and it is beautiful inside...completely restored!

It was a rainy day, so we were in a bit of a hurry. So, as we turned to walk up to the museum, we heard a plop! plop! sound repeatedly. Here, walking toward us, was a huge swan...acting as if he did this every day (probably does..lol). Their wingspan is about 5 feet, and they are birds with an ATTITUDE! So, we stood still and let him pass. We then watched as he crossed the street, in the crosswalk (no kidding!), stopping to look both ways before entering the street!!!!

We were in awe, and chuckling, at the same time!

Dutch hugs, Kathi

Comments

• Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    How hilarious! I can
    How hilarious! I can picture the swan waddling across the street. Thanks for the funny. I like reading your accounts of life in Dutch land! Take care.
    BL
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

How hilarious! I can
    How hilarious! I can picture the swan waddling across the street. Thanks for the funny. I like reading your accounts of life in Dutch land! Take care.
    BL

I love the swan with
    I love the swan with attitude. I also love your descriptions. I also collected music boxes. I only have a few special ones left as I gave many to the girls in my life. These museums sound just wonderful. Thank you for sharing.
    Stef
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Kathi, thanks for sharing
    Kathi, thanks for sharing your Utrecht adventures with us. Swans really can have an attitude! One of my favorite books is Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White. One of the swans is an old cob and White beautifully describes what powerful weapons those wings can be! Idaho hugs back...xoxoxoxo Lynn