Lymphedema with breast seroma and leakage

Badgergirl
Badgergirl Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
After surgery and chemo, I developed axillary cording and lymphedema while having 7+ weeks of radiation. Also, two weeks into radiation I began to have leakage from my nipple which has constantly continued. The doctors say to be patient(completed radiation in mid-November), but I am wondering if anyone else has had this experience and if and when it went away. Physical therapy is helping my mobility, but it is still very sore. Any input will be appreciated.

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Sorry for your problems
    I do not have leakage, however have been dealing with lymphedema for 2 years now. Mobility is a very critical for better drainage, so try your best every day.
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Still having drainage?
    I had a mastectomy, so no nip to worry about. Lol Do you elevated you affected arm for swelling? I watch t.v. and elevate on pillow. Do very light massage from armpit to fingers and back for at least 20 minutes. 5 minutes at a time. Had nodes removed.
    28/38positive for cancer. I really dont hqve to much problem anymore since Ive started doing this. Also have my arm stocking I wear on occasion. Hope this might help. Hugs,Katz