Mom update...better news!

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Thank you all for your good vibes and prayers!

My mom was moved yesterday from the hospital to a nursing facility. Hans' son and my daughter visited her, and sent some pictures. She DOES look frail, but, to be honest, I have seen her looking almost as bad before...

So, things are getting a bit better. They are still not sure of all of the effects from the stroke, but time will tell. My sister is coordinating the effort, it is only 4 hours flying from her house, as opposed to 10 hours for me...

She is receiving hospice care, and will more than likely be discharged to a board and care home in Redlands. She is no longer able to care for herself, and so the apartment is no longer an option, unless something dramatic happens. She is a tough old lady, and may continue to surprise us.

So, things are better. I am staying in The Netherlands. Hans' kids are coming in March for his 65th birthday. We will have a full house, for sure!

Thanks, again, to everyone for your support!!!!!

Dutch hugs, Kathi

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Prayers..
    Sending prayers and hugs to you...for better days ahead!
    Peace be with all of you
    Nancy
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Kathi...
    I'm very happy that there has been improvement. I will continue to pray for both your Mom and you.

CR
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    CR1954 said:

Kathi...
    I'm very happy that there has been improvement. I will continue to pray for both your Mom and you.

CR

Good thoughts you way
    Kathi, I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts. Hugs, Judy
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Glad to hear
    that things are better with your Mom. It is very hard when they get to the point that they can no longer live on their own. The good part is that she will be well cared for. I will keep you both in my thoughts.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    ladyg said:

Glad to hear
    that things are better with your Mom. It is very hard when they get to the point that they can no longer live on their own. The good part is that she will be well cared for. I will keep you both in my thoughts.

Hugs,
    Georgia

yeah!!!
    more answered prayers!!!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

yeah!!!
    more answered prayers!!!

Glad she is making some
    Glad she is making some progress. Will continue prayers for her and for you dear Kathi.
    Stef
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Kathi, that's wonderful
    Kathi, that's wonderful news, pretty much a miracle wouldn't you say? Thanks for the update!
    jan
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Kathi,
    Thanks for the update. I will continue to keep you and your Mom in my prayers.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Thanks for letting us know
    Thanks for letting us know how your mom is doing. I'm glad that she is doing better. xoxoxo Lynn
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    I am happy to hear your Mom
    I am happy to hear your Mom is doing better and is in good hands. Enjoy celebrating Hans' Birthday!
    BL
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Good news! Thanks for the
    Good news! Thanks for the update, and I hope Hans has a wonderful Birthday!!
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Kathi... I'm so glad that
    Kathi... I'm so glad that your mom is doing better. I will continue to keep her in my prayers and thoughts... A much needed sigh of relief for you I'm sure... take care and keep us posted on how she's doing!

~Hugs,
    ~T
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    taleena said:

Kathi... I'm so glad that
    Kathi... I'm so glad that your mom is doing better. I will continue to keep her in my prayers and thoughts... A much needed sigh of relief for you I'm sure... take care and keep us posted on how she's doing!

~Hugs,
    ~T

Cyber Hugs from your Twisted sister here in Southern
    California, Kathi. Good news that Mom is doing better, and being moved. I am so sorry about her stroke, and failing health - but, happy to hear that she has pain management at her disposal. I am delighted to hear that your daughter is back home safely.

We missed you very much today at our San Fernando gathering, however, we your schedule and Chenheart's overseas vacation .. we are thinking of a gathering in the latter part of May === more information will be posted, closer to our gathering.

Cyber hugs and prayers.

Vicki Sam
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    So glad to hear
    your Mom is doing better!

hugs,
    Ayse
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Kathi
    No need for thanks! We will of course continue our prayers for Mom. Very happy to hear she's doing better. She does sound like one tough lady, but then again, look at her daughter!
    ♥ Cat
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Kathi, that is GREAT news!
    Kathi, that is GREAT news! I will keep you both in my thoughts.