Free Housecleaning for chemo Patients

natly15
natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
"Cleaning for a Reason" this has been posted many times but I just received an email and thought I'd post here again.

If you know any woman currently undergoing chemotherapy, please pass the word to her that there is a cleaning service that provides FREE housecleaning - once per month for 4 months while she is in treatment.
All she has to do is sign up and have her doctor fax a note confirming the treatment. Cleaning for a Reason will have a participating maid service in her zip code area arrange for the service. This organization serves the entire USA and currently has 547 partners to help these women. It's our job to pass the word and let them know that there are people out there that care. Be a blessing to someone and pass this information along.

http://www.cleaningforareason.org/

Comments

• joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    I tried but...
    I applied and was accepted for the program before Thanksgiving but the local company never contacted me. I haven't pursued it--too many other things to deal with and now I've finished my 6 Chemo treatments so I don't feel that I should take the place of someone still undergoing chemo.
    Big disappointment :(
    Perhaps other people will have a more positive experience.
    JoAnn
  • Jennifer1961
    Jennifer1961 Member Posts: 137
    I also applied, but they had
    I also applied, but they had no one for me. It's a great idea, if you can get a service that has an opening.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

I also applied, but they had
    I also applied, but they had no one for me. It's a great idea, if you can get a service that has an opening.

Thanks, Cousin Natly -- Great Idea
    I also contacted agency, only to be told that no service available here in my area... I was sad. However, a wonderful idea .. if available in your neck of the woods.

By the way, I live in Southern California ..

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    joannstar said:

I tried but...
    I applied and was accepted for the program before Thanksgiving but the local company never contacted me. I haven't pursued it--too many other things to deal with and now I've finished my 6 Chemo treatments so I don't feel that I should take the place of someone still undergoing chemo.
    JoAnn

Thanks for posting this
    Thanks for posting this Natly!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    VickiSam said:

Thanks, Cousin Natly -- Great Idea
    I also contacted agency, only to be told that no service available here in my area... I was sad. However, a wonderful idea .. if available in your neck of the woods.

By the way, I live in Southern California ..

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam

It is too bad that this
    It is too bad that this service isn't more readily available in everyone's area. This is a good post though. I am sure it is available in some of our pink sisters hometowns.

Lex
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    joannstar said:

I tried but...
    JoAnn

sorry it didnt' work out
    so sorry it didn't work out for you....
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Alexis F said:

It is too bad that this
    It is too bad that this service isn't more readily available in everyone's area. This is a good post though. I am sure it is available in some of our pink sisters hometowns.

Lex

perhaps if we all
    mentioned it to our cancer centers they could check into it...since not known in many places...esp if there is suggestion box or working with social worker etc... sounds like wonderful program!