Joined the "port-less" club!

Sher43009
Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my port out last Wed. at my surgery center. I'm sore and bruised but the worse was the reaction to the bandage tape. I'm all red, blistered and itches where the tape was. I'm using aloe gel on it and it's getting better. I finished Herceptin last Oct. and my oncol. said to wait 6 months for my body to settle down before we know what side effects are from the Herceptin and which are from the Tamoxefin. As of Feb.1 I have 4 more years of Tamoxefin to deal with.

Sher

Comments

• CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Sher.......
    Congratulations on becoming port-less! Sorry about the rash from the adhesive. I suffer the same thing if I have the tape on more than a day.

It was about 6 months after finishing Herceptin, when I had mine out too. Although, my onc would have agreed to having it out sooner. It was my surgeon who wanted to wait.

At any rate, another milestone on your journey! Always a good thing!

CR
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Congrats on getting that
    Congrats on getting that port out! I started tamoxifen 2 months ago so I'm right there with you for the next 4 years :)
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    CR1954 said:

Sher.......
    Congratulations on becoming port-less! Sorry about the rash from the adhesive. I suffer the same thing if I have the tape on more than a day.

It was about 6 months after finishing Herceptin, when I had mine out too. Although, my onc would have agreed to having it out sooner. It was my surgeon who wanted to wait.

At any rate, another milestone on your journey! Always a good thing!

CR

A milestone!
    Congrats on having your port removed!

Hugs, Lex
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Sher
    glad your port is out. I'm sorry you had some reactions. My incision is healing well. I had mine out 10 days ago. The dr used surgical glue & steri strips which haven't fallen off yet. Hope your skin heals soon. I've been on Arimidex 3 weeks.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Sher
    glad your port is out. I'm sorry you had some reactions. My incision is healing well. I had mine out 10 days ago. The dr used surgical glue & steri strips which haven't fallen off yet. Hope your skin heals soon. I've been on Arimidex 3 weeks.
    {{hugs}} Char

Allergic reaction to the tape .. Please make sure
    WARRIORS -- Sisters in PINK that you request and insist on 'paper' tape only -- I too had this same reaction -- over and over again .. I now have scarring above my right breast due to my allergic reaction .. raise, red bumps --- itchy .. Yikes, what a girl to do? Paper tape .. no adhesive.

Vicki Sam
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    VickiSam said:

Allergic reaction to the tape .. Please make sure
    WARRIORS -- Sisters in PINK that you request and insist on 'paper' tape only -- I too had this same reaction -- over and over again .. I now have scarring above my right breast due to my allergic reaction .. raise, red bumps --- itchy .. Yikes, what a girl to do? Paper tape .. no adhesive.

Vicki Sam

I had a reaction also, and,
    I had a reaction also, and, now request paper tape only too.

Lex
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Ain't it great being
    Ain't it great being de"port"ed.

Hugs

Donna
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Ain't it great being
    Ain't it great being de"port"ed.

Hugs

Donna

Congrats Sher!

Congrats Sher!
  • rene9
    rene9 Member Posts: 214
    susie09 said:

Congrats Sher!

Congrats Sher!

Congrats!
    Congrats on being portless! I had mine removed on Dec. 10th when I had reconstruction. I started taking tamoxifen last July and I feel like me...hope this doesn't change.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    rene9 said:

Congrats!
    Congrats on being portless! I had mine removed on Dec. 10th when I had reconstruction. I started taking tamoxifen last July and I feel like me...hope this doesn't change.

Yes, congrats on this!

Yes, congrats on this!