end of chemo

mollyz
mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everybody, I have my last chemo treatment next Friday been doing this since the end of July well my question is how long after chemo do you get your pet/scan,I asked the chemo nurse and she said the Dr. likes to wait 3 weeks.do everyone wait that long?

Comments

• cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Molly
    Congrats on finishing chemo this week. I had PET scan before I started chemo. Your insurance has to ok it because it's an expensive test. Mine took a week to get results. Wishing you the best.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Molly
    Congrats on finishing chemo this week. I had PET scan before I started chemo. Your insurance has to ok it because it's an expensive test. Mine took a week to get results. Wishing you the best.
    {{hugs}} Char

Not all Drs do them after Chemo
    Didn't have any scan after A/C, 2 weeks after the last I had surgery (mod. rad. mast.). Didn't have any scheduled after the 12 Taxol - surgeon and Chemo Dr didn't think it was needed but Rads Dr insisted he had to have on done before rads started. So the day I had the last Taxol, it was put off til later in the day so CT could be done. I had a mammo in Aug a year after DX and a CT in Nov because I was having pain and pressure around right eye but nothing showed up.

added: I forgot - I also got a bone scan shortly after rad burns healed as was having pain in back and my PA wanted to be sure it was just the arthritis getting worse - it was thankfully. Sounds strange to say Thannkful for worse arthritis but that beats mets any day in my mind.
  • mollyz
    Rague said:

Didn't have any scan after A/C, 2 weeks after the last I had surgery (mod. rad. mast.). Didn't have any scheduled after the 12 Taxol - surgeon and Chemo Dr didn't think it was needed but Rads Dr insisted he had to have on done before rads started. So the day I had the last Taxol, it was put off til later in the day so CT could be done. I had a mammo in Aug a year after DX and a CT in Nov because I was having pain and pressure around right eye but nothing showed up.

added: I forgot - I also got a bone scan shortly after rad burns healed as was having pain in back and my PA wanted to be sure it was just the arthritis getting worse - it was thankfully. Sounds strange to say Thannkful for worse arthritis but that beats mets any day in my mind.

My Chemo Nurse
    All ready told me my Dr. was going to schedule one after chemo, I did have one before chemo and my last treatment is next friday.thanks

MOLLYZ
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    mollyz said:

My Chemo Nurse
    All ready told me my Dr. was going to schedule one after chemo, I did have one before chemo and my last treatment is next friday.thanks

MOLLYZ

WHO YA .. YIPEE and congradulations, Molly
    You did it .. Congradulations, Girl. Now you are offically, a Chemo Queen. Job well down! Next ... getting your life back, your GROOVE and Hair! LOL

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi mollyz,
    Congratulations on finishing chemo!!!

Don't know the answer to your scan question, as I haven't had one.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • mollyz
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi mollyz,
    Congratulations on finishing chemo!!!

Don't know the answer to your scan question, as I haven't had one.

xoxo,
    Jean

Thanks everyone
    I'm so excited,My 13yr. old ask when was things going to be normal again,I just want this to be behind me and try to live again but I've changed i will never take things for granted and i will not let people get on my nerves anymore or worry over things life is to short.I haven't worked since last May. I will keep you posted MOLLYZ>
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Rague said:

Congrats early on finishing
    Congrats early on finishing chemo! Huge milestone you will have accomplished!

Megan
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    mollyz said:

Thanks everyone
    I'm so excited,My 13yr. old ask when was things going to be normal again,I just want this to be behind me and try to live again but I've changed i will never take things for granted and i will not let people get on my nerves anymore or worry over things life is to short.I haven't worked since last May. I will keep you posted MOLLYZ>

YEAH!!!!!
    Finishing chemo is a real milestone...when you finish on Friday, pat yourself on the back.."JOB WELL DONE!". It's such a relief to have that part of treatment over and done with...and it really proves, we are stronger than we ever imagined...When I finished chemo and rads, I wanted to cartwheel out of the place...of course that would have been a sight!
    I wish you the very best Molly
    Nancy
  • joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    Did not get one after
    I finished Chemo on 1/7/11. My surgeon asked me to get a new baseline mammo which I did on 1/14. I'm seeing my onc tomorrow (1/25) hoping to be oked for radiation.
    I had a PET scan before Chemo but my onc hasn't suggested having one after at all.
    Congrats on being almost finished with Chemo!!
    Hugs,
    JoAnn
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    mollyz said:

Thanks everyone

Congrats on finishing chemo!

Congrats on finishing chemo!
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    You GO Mollyz!!!
    Oh my, just one last appointment, you must be exhilarated!

When I am done, I will go out and celebrate, it will be like
    my new 2ND birthday.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • mollyz
    aysemari said:

You GO Mollyz!!!
    Oh my, just one last appointment, you must be exhilarated!

When I am done, I will go out and celebrate, it will be like
    my new 2ND birthday.

Hugs,
    Ayse

Celebration
    I do want to celebrate,but i want to wait until my taste buds come back i want somthing not sure what yet but i just want food to taste good again.I will keep you posted on the pet/scan. Hugs MollyZ
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    mollyz said:

Celebration
    I do want to celebrate,but i want to wait until my taste buds come back i want somthing not sure what yet but i just want food to taste good again.I will keep you posted on the pet/scan. Hugs MollyZ

Yea!!
    So happy you are so close to finishing chemo. It feels good doesn't it?!?! My Onc. does not do PET scans after. He does not like them so I have not had anything yet. I finished chemo in July 10, rads in Sept. 10 and will have my first mammo since tx ended in March 11. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice