short term memories

WinneyPooh
WinneyPooh Member Posts: 318
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
while making breakfast i stopped a moment and questioned whats that smell, is someone cooking, only to remember it when the toaster popped up, it was my toast, which i was toasting.

thats a new record for me,:>)

anyone else have this,

penny

Comments

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    have what?
    tehehe....thought it was just my age

mags
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Lol
    arghhh I get that as well, I'm doing something then for a few seconds I forget what I'm doing.if it's just age then I've had it being 34 lol.
    hope it's not to bad for you
    hugs
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    ah, yes
    total loss of short term memory. Sort of gotten used to it, everyone around me has had to get used to it too. You just have to laugh.
    mary
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    msccolon said:

ah, yes
    total loss of short term memory. Sort of gotten used to it, everyone around me has had to get used to it too. You just have to laugh.
    mary

SOOOOO FUNNY!!
    Mags.... u funny! Purse on my arm...shades on my head.... where the hell is my purse and shades?????? YA...been there...done that

Jennie
  • Kerry S
    Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
    Penny Darlin
    I have to mark down on paper when I take my meds. Dont want to under or over dose. I also have to tell the scary old woman when I take them. We have fun with the problem. I love catching her being stupid. We find that laughing at ourselves helps a bunch in this crap. When I screw up I just tell her "baain toomoor" You got to play with the cards you got.

Kerry (old SOB with a great wife)
  • Kerry S said:

Penny Darlin
    I have to mark down on paper when I take my meds. Dont want to under or over dose. I also have to tell the scary old woman when I take them. We have fun with the problem. I love catching her being stupid. We find that laughing at ourselves helps a bunch in this crap. When I screw up I just tell her "baain toomoor" You got to play with the cards you got.

Kerry (old SOB with a great wife)

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Yes
    It happens to me all the time.I'll be doing something,then stop and ask why am I doing this.I started to carry cards in my pocket to write things down.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Yup
    All the time. I'll go upstairs for something and the minute I'd get to the top step can't remember what it was. Oh this gets frustrating :) But at least there is some memory left LOL

Kim
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    While on it
    While on chemo, I was terrible with cooking, unfortunately, I have no sense of smell, so if something is burning, I don't know it, until the smoke starts rolling around.
    I burnt my hamburgers once (their on my facebook page, an ode to chemo)they looked like hockey pucks by the time the smoke got my attention, I had totally forgotten I was cooking. This has happened several times. I kept reminding myself I was cooking and then would forget it again. So, yep, totally understand!!!
    Winter Marie
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    I've done worse
    I can beat that... one day I was talking on my cell phone while I was at home getting ready to leave the house. While I was talking, I found myself walking all around my house looking for my cell phone! I even said to my friend something about how I couldn't find my phone. She's like... uh, aren't you talking to me on it?
    Boy, did I feel stupid and wondered if I was losing my mind!
    Yeah- my memory is bad lately- I guess the combo of chemo brain and chemo induced early menopause has done my short term memory in! It's really bad sometimes!
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    lisa42 said:

I've done worse
    I can beat that... one day I was talking on my cell phone while I was at home getting ready to leave the house. While I was talking, I found myself walking all around my house looking for my cell phone! I even said to my friend something about how I couldn't find my phone. She's like... uh, aren't you talking to me on it?
    Boy, did I feel stupid and wondered if I was losing my mind!
    Yeah- my memory is bad lately- I guess the combo of chemo brain and chemo induced early menopause has done my short term memory in! It's really bad sometimes!

OMG
    I've done that too!!!! Too funny!!!
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    OMG
    Here's one that always gets me ... talking on the cell phone while digging through my purse thinking I forgot my cell phone!
  • soccermom13
    soccermom13 Member Posts: 224
    HA HA HA
    I am so glad that someone brought this up. My family is constantly "catching" my goofs and then we laugh! Sometimes I think that I am going nuts when I can't remember what it is that I am doing . . .