I made a donation from you, my Kindred Spirits to help fund Mammograms

chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
With the outpouring of generous loving gifts from the CSN family, aside from Heidi and Moopy's flowers, donations made to the ACS, ASPCA and adopting an Emperor Penguin, today was able to give $100.00 to help fund Mammograms for women in need. Again, I trust I have your approval and blessing on this purchase made with your giving hearts...love you!

Hugs,
Chen♥

Comments

• Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Awww Chen. You're amazing.
    Awww Chen. You're amazing. I can't think of a more appropriate place for a donation.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Great
    Claudia,

As always, you chose well. Yes, you have my approval and blessings on the purchase.

By the way, Happy Birthday, Reggie.

Fondly,
    Janelle
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Great
    Claudia,

As always, you chose well. Yes, you have my approval and blessings on the purchase.

Fondly,
    Janelle
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Great
    Claudia,

Fondly,
    Janelle

Very nice, indeed, Chen
    Thank you so much for the generous giving of your time in doing so much good in all our names. You are very special.

Hugs, Renee
  • CeeCee410
    CeeCee410 Member Posts: 19
    Chen!!
    As a woman in need, I was eligible for a "funded" diagnostic bilateral mammogram (and ultrasound) which inevitably led to my breast cancer diagnosis. I came in through a program in Virginia called "Every Woman's Life" and once diagnosed, I was automatically fully covered by Virginia Medicaid. I will always be eternally grateful that the funding was there and that the mammogram was made available to me. It saved my life.

Blessings,
    Cee Cee
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    CeeCee410 said:

Chen!!
    As a woman in need, I was eligible for a "funded" diagnostic bilateral mammogram (and ultrasound) which inevitably led to my breast cancer diagnosis. I came in through a program in Virginia called "Every Woman's Life" and once diagnosed, I was automatically fully covered by Virginia Medicaid. I will always be eternally grateful that the funding was there and that the mammogram was made available to me. It saved my life.

Blessings,
    Cee Cee

awesome idea! Happy Birthday
    awesome idea! Happy Birthday to your hubby Ü
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Chen,
    You have an instinct

Chen,
    You have an instinct for knowing the right thing to do. What a great way to donate the funds. Wholehearted support for your decisions.
    Hugs back to you,
    Stef
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Excellent choice :) Thank
    Excellent choice :) Thank you and I hope you are doing well!!
    Hugz
    ~Kari
  • chenheart

Excellent choice :) Thank
    Excellent choice :) Thank you and I hope you are doing well!!
    Hugz
    ~Kari

One Last Donation made......
    ok...would you believe I got 8 more checks from you Kindred Spirits yesterday??? I know I have donated to a lot of organizations, and I still had money leftover. Today I got a phone call. The type I usually ignore. But this one was from the Childhood cancer/Leukemia foundation. And I really did have enough from all of us to donate $100.00 Not to "guilt" you , but our cancer is horrid enough~ but if your baby was diagnosed??? So again, your blessings please.....I love you!!!

Hugs,
    Chen!
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    To help fund mammograms
    Unbelievably thoughtful of you! What more can I say? You have my support 100%.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    chenheart said:

ok...would you believe I got 8 more checks from you Kindred Spirits yesterday??? I know I have donated to a lot of organizations, and I still had money leftover. Today I got a phone call. The type I usually ignore. But this one was from the Childhood cancer/Leukemia foundation. And I really did have enough from all of us to donate $100.00 Not to "guilt" you , but our cancer is horrid enough~ but if your baby was diagnosed??? So again, your blessings please.....I love you!!!

Hugs,
    Chen!

Thank YOU!!!
    Our blessings? Approvals? I don't believe there's another member here more completely and utterly trusted than you, dearest Chen.

So, once again - thank YOU for ALL you've done, all you DO, on behalf of all of us.

Love, 12/25 xo
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

To help fund mammograms
    Unbelievably thoughtful of you! What more can I say? You have my support 100%.

Thoughtful .. Thank you so much, dear
    Chenheart. Thinking about you, and continue to keep you in good thoughts, and prayers.

Vicki Sam
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Thanks!
    But I thought you were supposed to be on temporary hiatus from all of this. You need to stop volunteering to take care of this "stuff" and take some real time for yourself. We don't want to log on someday and discover that we have lost you so please please take some time off to enjoy life without the stress of knowing what is going on here. We love you!
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Chen!

Thank you Chen from the
    Thank you Chen from the bottom of my heart--for all that you do for us. I love you too!
  • chenheart
    jamiegww said:

Thanks!
    But I thought you were supposed to be on temporary hiatus from all of this. You need to stop volunteering to take care of this "stuff" and take some real time for yourself. We don't want to log on someday and discover that we have lost you so please please take some time off to enjoy life without the stress of knowing what is going on here. We love you!

Awwwwwww...ty jamiegww!
    Awwwwwww...ty jamiegww!

I AM on temporary hiatus, which is why I haven't been posting except to let you all know where your money has been going! :-) On Saturday, another 8 letters arrived from the Kindred Spirits, and I wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate the lovely cards, the sentiments and of course the donations for Heidi and Moopy.

I am doing my best to take care of me~ I am feeling better; I can even start to feel that my feet are on solid ground again.

I will be knocking on CSN's door soon; when I do I trust some kind soul will let me in !

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    chenheart said:

Awwwwwww...ty jamiegww!
    Awwwwwww...ty jamiegww!

I AM on temporary hiatus, which is why I haven't been posting except to let you all know where your money has been going! :-) On Saturday, another 8 letters arrived from the Kindred Spirits, and I wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate the lovely cards, the sentiments and of course the donations for Heidi and Moopy.

I am doing my best to take care of me~ I am feeling better; I can even start to feel that my feet are on solid ground again.

I will be knocking on CSN's door soon; when I do I trust some kind soul will let me in !

Hugs,
    Chen♥

open door
    What do you mean ... someone open the door? You are a huge part of what makes the Kindred Sisters a family. And you know must know how much each and every one of us loves and cares about you. Take care ... and by the way ... you seem to be always taking care of US ... is there ANYTHING we can do for you?

love,
    Teena
  • chenheart
    tgf said:

open door
    What do you mean ... someone open the door? You are a huge part of what makes the Kindred Sisters a family. And you know must know how much each and every one of us loves and cares about you. Take care ... and by the way ... you seem to be always taking care of US ... is there ANYTHING we can do for you?

love,
    Teena

If I only Wished I could
    If I only Wished I could send flowers to Heidi and Moopy, or Hoped I could make a donation to the ACS to honor Heidi, or Wanted to donate to the ASPCA as a tribute to Moopy,or thought it would be cute to adopt a penguin for Heidi, or felt bad about not being able to help our sisters in need get mammograms, and cried over babies with a cancer dx, knowing I had done nothing to help them...I would say YES, there is something you can do! But, being that I was able to do all of the above and more, and only because the Kindred Spirits here sent money to me with open hearts~ you all DID do something for me! You made my wishes come true~ all I had to do was think about these beautiful sisters and what they loved. After that, it was a matter of either making a phone call, or being online to complete the task at hand. So, ty Teena, you have given me the gift of love and generosity. There truly isn't anymore in life than that, is there???

Hugs,
    Chen♥