I was able to sleep last night

canjuncutie
canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
The surgeon that did me does nt eccepts my insurance. The position i was in was very unnatural for my left arm. I asked about creams for burns and skin care got told you have nothing to worry about. where they had marked my was over my heart and lungs both sides. i asked questions and got treated like crap. attitude was you do what i say and dont ask how dare you ask me anything. the tech we get yell at. in his waiting room there was a lady that went thru rads and got breast cancer back. So i does nt help in evry case.there is to many side effects for me to chance it. I dont get off on pain . I dont like burns of any kind. I made thru chemo with no feeling of tired, my blood count stayed good. The time off from work is unpaid I cant do that.The side show that I have been thru since july have been one error after another in dealing with people and docs that are supposed to help. I was looking for work got the dx of beast cancer. No insurance. Dealt with a program here that the head ask my systoms told her bleeding thru the nipple got told it was nothing then got told by her fruad. I had to email her a pic of my left breast to get to be seen. Then hear I have nothing to worry about even thou I told them of my family members have breast cancer one died one still living. I got a mammogram oppss it showed lump in my left. I even told of my underarm pain. Got you dont have lymgh involment i told them yes. got a bio the same day. It came breast cancer two types ductal in situ and idc at stage 2. The surgeon that i cant see any more told me I was incureable at stage2 . I had to fight with them to get a surgery date. 8/18/2010/ after it was to me yes you have positive nodes and it went up to stage 3. Got sent home only with a scrip for pain meds that it. The mediciad kick in got sorry we cant help you any more. the rads onco has the god complex . I been going thru this blindly. I learned we are not to ask question but just lay there and take what they think we need. Ladies you can put it asleep for a bit but it is always there.I cant afford to take time off unpaid.

Comments

• PinkPearl
    PinkPearl Member Posts: 280
    I am so sorry you are being treated so shabbily
    The way you are being talked to is so mean and I am so sorry that you have to deal with that and the diagnosis at the same time. You are right that chemo and rads don't always do the complete job but it is the best we have for now, I feel your frustration at the whole system. You sound like a strong woman so stay strong and seek the best for yourself. Some of the ladies who are doing or have done rads can help you with creams for for burns to the skin. Sending up a prayer for you this morning.
  • canjuncutie
    PinkPearl said:

The way you are being talked to is so mean and I am so sorry that you have to deal with that and the diagnosis at the same time. You are right that chemo and rads don't always do the complete job but it is the best we have for now, I feel your frustration at the whole system. You sound like a strong woman so stay strong and seek the best for yourself. Some of the ladies who are doing or have done rads can help you with creams for for burns to the skin. Sending up a prayer for you this morning.

according to the idiot
    i dont need any skin care or creams for burn because i wont burn. When I told them I burn very easy in the sun.
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Where do you Live?
    Are these the only people who can help you? Where do you live?

Hugs,
    Janelle
  • canjuncutie

Where do you Live?
    Are these the only people who can help you? Where do you live?

Hugs,
    Janelle

in fl
    at the times this were the only people to help me
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950

in fl
    at the times this were the only people to help me

Hey Cajun
    I hate that you've

Hey Cajun
    I hate that you've been treated so badly and that you are thinking of not doing rads. I think most of us on here feel like we will do whatever it takes to kill the beast, so It hurts to hear someone ready to give up because of a very uncaring group of people you've had to deal with. I wish you would go to your local American Cancer Society and tell them what's going on and ask for help. I worked all through 7 weeks of rads with no problem. I took the 1st appt. of the day at 8:00am and then went on to work. I could have taken the latest appt. at 5:00 if that would have worked better. The point is that they should work with you so that you dont have to miss any work. As to burns, I didn't get any until the last week of rads. and they weren't so bad that I had to miss any work because of them.
    They keep samples of burn cream at the nurses atation, and all you have to do is show the tech that you need them.
    As to lying with your arms over your head, once treatment starts it's only for a minute or two while they target the area...then they let you put them down. I hope you don't give up Cajun. I think you've gotton some bad info somewhere as to what to expect.
    Dee
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    PinkPearl said:

This is awful that you have
    This is awful that you have been treated like this. You can get help for your burns. I don't understand how a doctor can treat you like this. Please get a 2nd opinion and get some help for your burns.

Hugs, Megan
  • canjuncutie
    dyaneb123 said:

Hey Cajun
    I hate that you've

Hey Cajun
    I hate that you've been treated so badly and that you are thinking of not doing rads. I think most of us on here feel like we will do whatever it takes to kill the beast, so It hurts to hear someone ready to give up because of a very uncaring group of people you've had to deal with. I wish you would go to your local American Cancer Society and tell them what's going on and ask for help. I worked all through 7 weeks of rads with no problem. I took the 1st appt. of the day at 8:00am and then went on to work. I could have taken the latest appt. at 5:00 if that would have worked better. The point is that they should work with you so that you dont have to miss any work. As to burns, I didn't get any until the last week of rads. and they weren't so bad that I had to miss any work because of them.
    They keep samples of burn cream at the nurses atation, and all you have to do is show the tech that you need them.
    As to lying with your arms over your head, once treatment starts it's only for a minute or two while they target the area...then they let you put them down. I hope you don't give up Cajun. I think you've gotton some bad info somewhere as to what to expect.
    Dee

from the doc
    dr kerwin that is who gave the infro and his tech are not nice either i barely made thru today. I called him to report the problem i had from the sacn. I was told he not my doc then why did i gi thru a ct scan and get marked i work from 6am until 400
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member

from the doc
    dr kerwin that is who gave the infro and his tech are not nice either i barely made thru today. I called him to report the problem i had from the sacn. I was told he not my doc then why did i gi thru a ct scan and get marked i work from 6am until 400

So you did do rads today?
    So you did do rads today? ("i barely made thru today") IF you have such issues with him or other Drs there is a site that you can post your opinions at - meddrs.com
  • canjuncutie
    Rague said:

So you did do rads today?
    So you did do rads today? ("i barely made thru today") IF you have such issues with him or other Drs there is a site that you can post your opinions at - meddrs.com

nope
    i did not i dont have a rads onco any more
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member

nope

Do you?
    Do you want radiation? If you do you need to contact social services where you were to receive the treatment..That's what they're for...they can help you sort this out...IF...you want treatment...and you need to do stretching exercises with your arm to increase the mobility..YOU have to help yourself! There is help available if you want it!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

nope

So sorry
    I'm so sorry about all that you have had to endure. I must have missed how many rads you have had. Do you have many left?

Have you contacted anyone about a new rads oncologist? Wish there were more that I could do to help you with this canjuncutie.

Sue :)