let's talk football

13»

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Go Bears
    Marsha, I am not a football girl but I am a Chicago girl. I never forgot the day the Bears played the Super Bowl. Everything closed early so people could go home to watch the game. Big department stores closed by 4:00 p.m. when they should have closed at 6:00 p.m. Nothing like that has every happened in Chicago. Very little traffic on the streets. Grocery stores empty. If the Bears win tomorrow, I wonder if the stores will close early for the upcoming Super Bowl game. Time will tell.

By the way, I love the Super Bowl because I love their commercials. Learn about the commercials when I took a marketing course. However, if the Bears play this year in the Super Bowl I won't leave the room for anything as I don't want to miss the game and I don't want to miss the commercials.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

Janelle .. I too enjoy the commericals --
    Betty White's commerical of last year comes to mind .. snickers bar, group of guys playing football -- etc ..

I also enjoy the bud commerical .. with the hores playing football .. LOL

Vicki Sam
  • canjuncutie
    canjuncutie Member Posts: 131

Go Bears
    Marsha, I am not a football girl but I am a Chicago girl. I never forgot the day the Bears played the Super Bowl. Everything closed early so people could go home to watch the game. Big department stores closed by 4:00 p.m. when they should have closed at 6:00 p.m. Nothing like that has every happened in Chicago. Very little traffic on the streets. Grocery stores empty. If the Bears win tomorrow, I wonder if the stores will close early for the upcoming Super Bowl game. Time will tell.

By the way, I love the Super Bowl because I love their commercials. Learn about the commercials when I took a marketing course. However, if the Bears play this year in the Super Bowl I won't leave the room for anything as I don't want to miss the game and I don't want to miss the commercials.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

i like the jets
    i want the jets to win jets and packers
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    We go to the grocery store
    We go to the grocery store during the super-bowl cause we have the store to ourselves. This is only once a year but we really enjoy it. I think it's once a year.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    sal314 said:

BEARS ALL THE WAY BABY!
    I know it's a stretch, but I'm hoping and praying the BEARS can pull it off! Beating the Packers isn't gonna be easy, but I think if everyone shows up and plays well, they can beat 'em.

I'm going BEARS vs. JETS with BEARS taking it all!

Oh my gosh...if that happens it will be so AWESOME! '85 Bears mania all over again! LOL!

Sally

What was up with Jay Cutler
    What was up with Jay Cutler last night?