Sorry I haven't been here lately, having a bad time but I do check in on all of you

2»

Comments

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Kay, so glad you stopped by
    Kay, so glad you stopped by to bring us up to date. But I see you've been carrying quite a load these past few months by yourself and that is a no no. Don't apologize for venting cause that's one of the reasons we're here. With open minds and hearts we want you to be able to offload your problems and hopefully feel a little bit lighter. Just dump and go!! LOL, seriously, I'm glad you dumped your doc and Rague is right, you should complain. I am so sorry about your mom, this is indeed a hard time for you and I hope that throughout all this you are able to find some pleasures and joy. Big hugs
    jan
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Kay, so sorry to hear
    you had an idiot for a dr. I am glad you fired her and I hope you reported her as well. Has you new dr. said anything about giving you a few days off since you are so burned. I know when I was having rads I was told that if I started to burn too much(which it sounds like you are) they would give me a break for a few days. Luckily I didn't need it. Don't forget to take care of yourself as well as you mother. I will keep you both in my thoughts.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    ladyg said:

Kay, so sorry to hear
    you had an idiot for a dr. I am glad you fired her and I hope you reported her as well. Has you new dr. said anything about giving you a few days off since you are so burned. I know when I was having rads I was told that if I started to burn too much(which it sounds like you are) they would give me a break for a few days. Luckily I didn't need it. Don't forget to take care of yourself as well as you mother. I will keep you both in my thoughts.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Wow!
    Kay,
    I so proud of you. First for standing up for yourself and second for not believing that false prediction. Attitude is important to our long term survival.

Roseann
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    roseann4 said:

Wow!
    Kay,
    I so proud of you. First for standing up for yourself and second for not believing that false prediction. Attitude is important to our long term survival.

Roseann

Horrible Doctor
    Oh Kay, I'm so sorry that you had to experience that doctor. She should be reported to the board. I'm glad you have found a new doctor and hopefully this one truly does have your best interest at heart. Stay strong and positive and know that just because we have IBC, it does have to be our death sentence. We are beating this!!!

Hugs,

Dawne
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Your old doctor
    Kay,

What terrible things to say to you. Just remember - if she doesn't get the clue that what she is saying to patients is unprofessional, inappropriate and just plain rude, she will have to account for it at some point (in this life or the next). We should all pray that she gets the clue sooner rather than later.

It sounds like she should maybe think about a new line of work outside the healthcare field.

I'm glad you changed doctors - you deserve the best. Take care and I hope you feel better soon and that your rad burns heal quickly.
  • PinkPearl
    PinkPearl Member Posts: 280
    Your plate is so full
    You just have so much to deal with right now. Doing the rads is hard enough and then to have to care for your mother too; I really admire you. It is not easy at all. You must be a very caring person to do all of that and --that doctor was so rude! She has zero bedside manners. Glad you moved on to a new doctor. Take care of yourself and I really mean that...yourself first, then your mom and next your doggie-if the one in the picture is yours :).
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    PinkPearl said:

Your plate is so full
    You just have so much to deal with right now. Doing the rads is hard enough and then to have to care for your mother too; I really admire you. It is not easy at all. You must be a very caring person to do all of that and --that doctor was so rude! She has zero bedside manners. Glad you moved on to a new doctor. Take care of yourself and I really mean that...yourself first, then your mom and next your doggie-if the one in the picture is yours :).

Kay,
    So sorry that you're

Kay,
    So sorry that you're going through all this. You go girl for firing that doc, sounds terrible! I send you strength to care for your Mom and lots of prayers that your burns heal fast, they must be very painful, you poor thing. I had a "slight" burn on my upper collar bone and I know how much just that hurt.
    Take care,
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Oh Kay...I really hope the
    Oh Kay...I really hope the rad dr knows exactly why you fired her. And if she was referred by someone, please go back to that person and let them know how you were treated so there will be no more referrals. Are you happy with the new rads doc? How many treatments do you have left? And then all the rest on your plate. Whew!

Thank you for checking in. You're strength inspires me.

Hugs,

Linda
  • warrrior3
    warrrior3 Member Posts: 92
    Kay
    thanks for checking in, I was concerned about you. I had noticed you not posting for quite a while. Good for you firing that idiot RO and hiring a new one.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Unbelievable!
    She's a doctor? Yikes!

How many people are accepting her words as truth?!?!?

So glad you're not because it's NOT true!

Glad to hear from you sister, keeping you in prayer. Please let us know how your NEW doc is.

Blessing and hugs to you,

Sylvia
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    roseann4 said:

Wow!
    Kay,

Roseann

So sorry Kay. I hope you do
    So sorry Kay. I hope you do report your doctor. No one should be treated like that.

Hugs, Megan
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Kay,
    I am so sorry to hear that you are having a hard time with your rads. Glad to hear that you fired your doctor. Good for you. Hopefully, you have found another that is more personable. We miss you here. Thanks for checking in.

Sending prayers to you and your Mom.

xoxo,
    Jean

Really sorry that you are burnt from rads. Did your rads oncologist help you with a prescription for the burns?

Congrats on firing your doctor! Praying the next one will be much better for you.

Hugs, Diane