Surgeon's Advice

mom62
mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well went to see my surgeon yesterday for a follow up after seeing my oncologist for a review of my PET and CT scans and he said just continue with hormone therapy and we will monitor you. I am stage 4 and did not take this well as I have been having pains and fractured three ribs and don't know how. My surgeon took the time to look at my scans after I left and told him my concerns. Thank goodness for him. He talked to my oncologist and I am having a biopsy of one of the areas of pain next week, not the ribs as that is too involved and may not show anything anyway. After having 4 surgeries in the past year I didn't want that either. All I have to say is be your own advocate. I'm not looking for cancer but I want to make sure we're not overlooking something either. I love my surgeon and glad he took the horse by the reighs. Always question even a doctor they are not god...........

Terry

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Terry,
    Good that you are

Terry,
    Good that you are being your own best advocate. We need to question things. Glad they are going to be looking further into this. My prayers that all is well.
    Stef
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    fauxma said:

Terry,
    Good that you are

Terry,
    Good that you are being your own best advocate. We need to question things. Glad they are going to be looking further into this. My prayers that all is well.
    Stef

Terry I agree
    be your own advocate, they are not God
    Are you taking Vitamin D3 and Ca? Still want to play at least a nurse.
    Hugs
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    fauxma said:

Terry,
    Good that you are

Terry,
    Stef

Good luck with the biopsy.
    Good luck with the biopsy. Praying that you will be fine.

Hugs, Debby
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Terry
    I'm glad you decided to talk with your surgeon. We do have to be our own advocates! Good luck with the biopsy and I hope it turns out to be nothing to worry about. At least you can feel better about it.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    cahjah75 said:

Terry
    I'm glad you decided to talk with your surgeon. We do have to be our own advocates! Good luck with the biopsy and I hope it turns out to be nothing to worry about. At least you can feel better about it.
    {{hugs}} Char

Good luck to you Terry and
    Good luck to you Terry and post any news that you get. Prayers coming for you.

Lex
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Terry, you MUST be your own
    Terry, you MUST be your own advocate. Sometimes I wonder about some of these doctors and their rush to just brush away our concerns. I'm glad you kept on it and are now getting testing to get to the cause of the pain. Good luck and I'm sending strength, hope and courage to you. Let us know the outcome and I'll be looking for that to be NED.
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member

Terry I agree
    be your own advocate, they are not God
    Are you taking Vitamin D3 and Ca? Still want to play at least a nurse.
    Hugs

Yes I Am
    Im taking my vitamin D and Calcium, thanks for being my nurse!