nOW i HAVE BEEN TOLD TOUGH LUCK

canjuncutie
canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Since I reported to them i hurt. I dont have rads onco any more they are passing the buck. I have to call my primary or the surgoen joke insurance dont pay for the surgoen who chopped me. Dont go to Barmoor Cancer Center in Largo fl. you get treated like crap.The Dr is Kerwin. I hope i can sleep. i be getting hold of my reg onco. reading about 2nd and even 3rd degree burns. They are uncaring group of people.now thanks to them i have a weekend of no sleep. and will be losing my job .

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Why?
    Are you losing your job?
  • canjuncutie
    MAJW said:

Why?
    Are you losing your job?

im onable to use my left arm
    it is very rough for me to use my left arm now . I hope and pray with me resting it i can use it more. I need to arms to work. I am also looking at other rads oncos to see.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

im onable to use my left arm
    it is very rough for me to use my left arm now . I hope and pray with me resting it i can use it more. I need to arms to work. I am also looking at other rads oncos to see.

Sorry that you feel this way
    you need to go to physical therapy. Insurance will cover it, including HMO plans. Ask your surgeon for referrals . You are not alone. We all have been through similar situations, however it is up to the person how to fix it. PT will help you with pain and give you recommendations to continue at home. You need to do exercises and stretches. Please ask for help, maybe change your doctors.
    I gained 90% of my arm function back after mastectomy, 21 nodes removed, Chemo and 40 radiations (stage IIIC). You are young and can do it too.
    Keep fighting
    New Flower
  • canjuncutie

Sorry that you feel this way
    you need to go to physical therapy. Insurance will cover it, including HMO plans. Ask your surgeon for referrals . You are not alone. We all have been through similar situations, however it is up to the person how to fix it. PT will help you with pain and give you recommendations to continue at home. You need to do exercises and stretches. Please ask for help, maybe change your doctors.
    I gained 90% of my arm function back after mastectomy, 21 nodes removed, Chemo and 40 radiations (stage IIIC). You are young and can do it too.
    Keep fighting
    New Flower

it to late for pt
    the surgoen that evryone loves to refer me back to does not take this insurance. i had a program here that covered the surgery and being seen by doctor for breast cancer once mediciad kicked in it was tough we cant see you any more . my question about rads were laugh off as silly.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

it to late for pt
    the surgoen that evryone loves to refer me back to does not take this insurance. i had a program here that covered the surgery and being seen by doctor for breast cancer once mediciad kicked in it was tough we cant see you any more . my question about rads were laugh off as silly.

it is never too late
    it is never too late. You can call your surgeon and ask for PT
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    I am sorry
    you are having such a bad time. You need to find a dr. that will get you into PT before it is too late. I don't know where you work but you should be able to get FMLA. I know it is different in every state but even the basic federal version will cover you for cancer treatment. I can't imagine any company firing someone because they have cancer or the side effects from treatment. Don't give up, just have faith that things will work out.

Hugs,
    Georgia