Sorry I haven't been here lately, having a bad time but I do check in on all of you

smalldoggroomer
smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'm sorry if I worried anyone. Thank you Victoria,Sue,and Pinkflutterby. I have just been having a hard time with rads. Just trying to get through it. I have second and third degree burns. Much pain and I also take care of my mother who is dieing of congestive heart failure ( bedridden ) My sister had taken off work for 7 months to help me but had to go back to work. I had to change Rads Dr's because mine was a idiot. She told me because of my response to chemo I have a good chance of beating this and in the same breath told me because I had IBC I would be dead in two years.. She also told me that all her patients look like me overweight old and bald.. She also told me that she put her last patient in the hospital but would try not to do that to me.. Can you believe that crap. So I fired her and got a new Dr. I guess she thought I would just take it or cry or something. Guess again!!! Sorry for venting I didn't want to unload on all of you. After all the bad news lately. I still cant believe Our Moopy has passed. I miss her and Heidi and all that are angels now. I have been checking in on all of you. Sorry again if any one worried about me. Sorry for venting but it did feel good :) Love to all Kay Take care everyone.

Comments

• canjuncutie
    canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
    Im sorry
    I have not even started I Got severe pain oof of a cat scan and mapping I told them i dont want it. The rads onco i have does not listen. I ask question he fell off his chair like how do i know? Got told I couldnt bathe. Could sleep even with pain meds otc wont touch. I cant do rads at all
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Kay,
    I am so sorry to hear that you are having a hard time with your rads. Glad to hear that you fired your doctor. Good for you. Hopefully, you have found another that is more personable. We miss you here. Thanks for checking in.

Sending prayers to you and your Mom.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Kay,
    I am so sorry to hear that you are having a hard time with your rads. Glad to hear that you fired your doctor. Good for you. Hopefully, you have found another that is more personable. We miss you here. Thanks for checking in.

Sending prayers to you and your Mom.

xoxo,
    Jean

Good to see you!
    Good to see you back Kay. Just take your time and get over this difficult phase. Looking after your Mum must be so hard when you are feeling tired. Glad you found a new radiation oncologist. We're here for you. take care. Pat
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Kay that's what I call
    Kay that's what I call "taking the bull by the horns". Good for you-- she sounds like a slight idiot and you did the right thing. It's hard to believe but there are some like that out there. Praying for you and your mom. Hugs and prayers.
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    natly15 said:

Kay that's what I call
    Kay that's what I call "taking the bull by the horns". Good for you-- she sounds like a slight idiot and you did the right thing. It's hard to believe but there are some like that out there. Praying for you and your mom. Hugs and prayers.

Good for you!
    That doctor should find a new line of work. What creams, lotions, gels are you using? My Dr. gave me Carrasyn a hydrogel wound dressing that works great. I also used Eucerin original moisturizing lotion and aloe gel. Between the 3 I blistered/peeled only once.
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Sher
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    OMG
    I am suprised that you did not just punch her in the mouth. That is what I felt like doing when I read this. Hope you get another doc. This one sounds like a total Flake. Get you some burn cream. It works wonders. I used it on my 2nd degree burns. Good luck.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Good to hear from you Kay.
    Good to hear from you Kay. and Good for you for firing that jack-a** of a doctor! What a terrible bedside manner! I'm sorry you're having a hard time with the rads. And taking care of your mother also, that just has to be so much on you. Sending you lots of hugs and good vibes. I hope you'll be done with rads soon & be able to rest and recover.
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Definately time for a 'real'
    Definately time for a 'real' Doctor!

What are you using for the burns? I burned very bad and my rads Dr would have liked for me to use Silverdene/Sulfadene but I'm allergic to sulfa so that wasn't an option. What finally worked for me was Domobro (sp?) soaks. (Didn't know it at the time but he had talked with my PA about getting me sent to a burn unit if it didn't start healing soon. It did.)

Certainly IBC is very aggressive but I can't see any Dr making the statement that you'll be dead in 2 years. None of my Drs ever said such a thing. The closest that any of my Drs said like that was that they really couldn't say much until after tests were run. When I first saw Surgeon, Chemo and Rads was within the week after DX and the only tests that had been done were Mammo, Sono and biopsies the same day I saw my PA with path. back the next morning. Within the next 2 weeks I had CT, MRI, PET, Bone, bone density, and eeg/ekg done and port put in the day before I started A/C. The worst that I can think of that any of my Drs (rads) have said is that I'm "stoic".

I'm IBC; I'm 17 1/2 months out of DX - almost 17 months since first chemo - 15 months post surgery - Jan 28th will be 1 year since last chemo - 10 1/2 months out of rads.

Defi9nately a new Dr is in order - and a complaint to the Center.

Susan
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Rague said:

Definately time for a 'real'
    Definately time for a 'real' Doctor!

What are you using for the burns? I burned very bad and my rads Dr would have liked for me to use Silverdene/Sulfadene but I'm allergic to sulfa so that wasn't an option. What finally worked for me was Domobro (sp?) soaks. (Didn't know it at the time but he had talked with my PA about getting me sent to a burn unit if it didn't start healing soon. It did.)

Certainly IBC is very aggressive but I can't see any Dr making the statement that you'll be dead in 2 years. None of my Drs ever said such a thing. The closest that any of my Drs said like that was that they really couldn't say much until after tests were run. When I first saw Surgeon, Chemo and Rads was within the week after DX and the only tests that had been done were Mammo, Sono and biopsies the same day I saw my PA with path. back the next morning. Within the next 2 weeks I had CT, MRI, PET, Bone, bone density, and eeg/ekg done and port put in the day before I started A/C. The worst that I can think of that any of my Drs (rads) have said is that I'm "stoic".

I'm IBC; I'm 17 1/2 months out of DX - almost 17 months since first chemo - 15 months post surgery - Jan 28th will be 1 year since last chemo - 10 1/2 months out of rads.

Defi9nately a new Dr is in order - and a complaint to the Center.

Susan

Kay, yay for you for firing
    Kay, yay for you for firing that idiot! Cajun, I wish you'd fire your's too and try again. It shouldn't be such an ordeal....I had a perscription cream for my burns that worked very well.
    Dee
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    I am sensing some sadistic tendencies...
    with your ex-doctor, that's sick. We have enough to deal with and do not
    need an incompetent oncologist to make things harder. I hope you said
    your peace and SLAMMED the door on the way out. She does not deserve
    your tears!

You really have your plate full, so sorry about your mother. What an amazing
    soul you are to take care of your mom. But don't forget to take care of you
    as well.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Kay,
    Glad to hear from you

Kay,
    Glad to hear from you but sorry about the insensitive Rad Dr. No one should have to endure being told they are old, overweight and bald and certainly not every breast cancer patient fits this mold. Such an ugly thing to say. And the two sided coin she threw out there about beating it and dying in two years. Very unprofessional and I think you should do more than just change doctors. You need to file a complaint. This is more than just a difference of opinions on treatment and coupled with her saying that she hopes she doesn't put you in the hospital. Sounds to me like she shouldn't be practicing medicine. Just my opinion. I don't expect my doctors to be Mary Sunshine but I do expect honest answers, professional manners and support with a big emphasis on the latter.
    I hope that your doctors are super satisfactory for you and that you will finish rads with the support and care you deserve. My prayers are with you.
    And vent away, we are always here for you.
    Stef
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    aysemari said:

I am sensing some sadistic tendencies...
    with your ex-doctor, that's sick. We have enough to deal with and do not
    need an incompetent oncologist to make things harder. I hope you said
    your peace and SLAMMED the door on the way out. She does not deserve
    your tears!

You really have your plate full, so sorry about your mother. What an amazing
    soul you are to take care of your mom. But don't forget to take care of you
    as well.

Hugs,
    Ayse

She was rude to say that to
    She was rude to say that to you! I was diagnosed with IBC 2 1/2 years ago and i am still kicking. I had a rough time with rads also, i really burned. You have a lot going on especially since you are caring for your mom. Stay positive.
  • smalldoggroomer
    aztec45 said:

OMG
    I am suprised that you did not just punch her in the mouth. That is what I felt like doing when I read this. Hope you get another doc. This one sounds like a total Flake. Get you some burn cream. It works wonders. I used it on my 2nd degree burns. Good luck.

That is what I would have
    That is what I would have done most likely 30 years ago LOL I like the way you think aztec!!
  • canjuncutie
    canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
    dyaneb123 said:

Kay, yay for you for firing
    Kay, yay for you for firing that idiot! Cajun, I wish you'd fire your's too and try again. It shouldn't be such an ordeal....I had a perscription cream for my burns that worked very well.
    Dee

my been fired
    he was fired and reported.
  • smalldoggroomer
    Sher43009 said:

Good for you!
    That doctor should find a new line of work. What creams, lotions, gels are you using? My Dr. gave me Carrasyn a hydrogel wound dressing that works great. I also used Eucerin original moisturizing lotion and aloe gel. Between the 3 I blistered/peeled only once.
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Sher

Hi Sher
    I agree with

Hi Sher
    I agree with you on the Dr I think she should shovel manure for a living LOl.
    My new Dr has me on Bactroban ( antibiotic cream ) and Betamethasone Dipropionate. Say that three time fast LOl. I also use Eucerin calming cream, Gold bond healing cream ( love the small of that one ) lanacane ( numbing cream over the counter ) Love that numbs it and stops the itching. I am on my second peel second and third degree burns is what the Dr said. I sure hope I heal ok. I will be fine just got to push through this. Take care Kay
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    fauxma said:

Kay,
    Glad to hear from you

Kay,
    Glad to hear from you but sorry about the insensitive Rad Dr. No one should have to endure being told they are old, overweight and bald and certainly not every breast cancer patient fits this mold. Such an ugly thing to say. And the two sided coin she threw out there about beating it and dying in two years. Very unprofessional and I think you should do more than just change doctors. You need to file a complaint. This is more than just a difference of opinions on treatment and coupled with her saying that she hopes she doesn't put you in the hospital. Sounds to me like she shouldn't be practicing medicine. Just my opinion. I don't expect my doctors to be Mary Sunshine but I do expect honest answers, professional manners and support with a big emphasis on the latter.
    I hope that your doctors are super satisfactory for you and that you will finish rads with the support and care you deserve. My prayers are with you.
    And vent away, we are always here for you.
    Stef

Okay
    Now I know you're still around, I can stop worrying. You've certainly been busy and I'm sooo glad to see you've got enough sass to kiss bad doctors out of your life. What a mean spirited woman.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    aisling8 said:

Okay
    Now I know you're still around, I can stop worrying. You've certainly been busy and I'm sooo glad to see you've got enough sass to kiss bad doctors out of your life. What a mean spirited woman.

xoxo
    Victoria

Ü
    I'm so glad you posted!!! Now where is that doc so we can go tell her how we feel about her!!!!!
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Ü
    I'm so glad you posted!!! Now where is that doc so we can go tell her how we feel about her!!!!!

Glad to hear from you, Kay
    So sorry your first doctor was such an idiot. I think we're all joining together here and giving her a big, fat, pink punch in the nose!

I'm sorry your rads and being so rough on you. You will get through this, Kay. I hope the remaining rad days fly by and you start healing soon.

Hugs, Renee
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Kay
    I'm so sorry to hear what you've been going through. I am so glad you fired your dr. She was something! How many rads do you have left and are creams helping at all? I've had 9 of 28 rad treatments so far and my only complaint is sore arm, some skin tightness and barely pink. I use cream at least a couple of times a day but have to wash it off every morning before rads. Hoping your situation improves.
    {{gentle hugs}} Char
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Kay
    I'm so sorry to hear what you've been going through. I am so glad you fired your dr. She was something! How many rads do you have left and are creams helping at all? I've had 9 of 28 rad treatments so far and my only complaint is sore arm, some skin tightness and barely pink. I use cream at least a couple of times a day but have to wash it off every morning before rads. Hoping your situation improves.
    {{gentle hugs}} Char

Hello Kay, nice to hear from you
    first of all, I am so sorry that your Mom is dying. To add insult to injury, you had a jerk of a doctor .. so I am happy to hear that you .. broke that cycle and found a new doctor.

Hoping things get a bit easier for you, and your family. Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam