does anyone collect anything? part 2

maglets
maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
another non-cancer topic for a Friday afternoon. On Dec 6 2009 I started a thread called the same as above.....was just going to bump it but decided to start a new one....you can read the old one just by putting it into search....I think it tells a lot about one another.

I hope anyone new will join in or expand on things if you posted before. I am a Christmas collector .....this year I have been concentrating on little paper Japanese houses from the 1940`s....Anne you told me about Limoges....I would love to hear some details about your dishes.....

anything? ??? anybody???/ actually i like to collect soooo many things but I'll let someone else start.....pepe???? are you a collector???? :):) hugs to all

mags

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Yes, as a matter of fact...
    I collect tumors it seems. I've had a bunch of them but thankfully I've gotten rid of many of them. ;-)

I am somewhat of a guitar collector. I have 9 (I had 10 but traded 2 of them in for a nice Epiphone Les Paul) At one time I had a collection of different beer. Mostly imported ones. This was before the micro-brews took off. I had at one point around 100 different bottles of beer. yes, I know...99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer...
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    PhillieG said:

Yes, as a matter of fact...
    I collect tumors it seems. I've had a bunch of them but thankfully I've gotten rid of many of them. ;-)

I am somewhat of a guitar collector. I have 9 (I had 10 but traded 2 of them in for a nice Epiphone Les Paul) At one time I had a collection of different beer. Mostly imported ones. This was before the micro-brews took off. I had at one point around 100 different bottles of beer. yes, I know...99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer...

I collect knives and old fishing lures.......
    and my wife and I are all time telling each other that she has more scrap good items than I have fishing lures and knives. She is a scrapaholic...I am an outdooraholic.......
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Only One Item...
    I collect "bills." LOL LOL:)

I've got a nice stack of them just waitin' to be framed and hung on the wall!

Hi Maggie May:)

-C:)
  • maglets
    Sundanceh said:

Only One Item...
    I collect "bills." LOL LOL:)

I've got a nice stack of them just waitin' to be framed and hung on the wall!

Hi Maggie May:)

-C:)

hello you all
    hi craig and phil and buzz.....

Phil I think that;s so great to collect guitars....what a useful collection and buzz I too love old lures....craig you are just bad....you could have some fabiola Texas collection.....haha///

don't get me started I also collect fabric and quilts.....i am just going to reveal my nuttiness gradually.....

hugs maggie may
  • TxKayaker
    TxKayaker Member Posts: 176
    Buzzard said:

I collect knives and old fishing lures.......
    and my wife and I are all time telling each other that she has more scrap good items than I have fishing lures and knives. She is a scrapaholic...I am an outdooraholic.......

I inherited a fishing lure
    I inherited a fishing lure collection from my father maybe have over 200 or so have most of the hand painted and carved ones from the forties and fifties I have in shadow boxes. Great to know another collector.
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Ice Tea Stirers
    Being a good Southern Lady...lol...I collect blown glass ice tea stirers, not to be confused with spoons.

They are usually a clear glass 'stick' with either a blown glass ornament on the top end or a colored tiny spoon shape on the bottom. The glass stick is sometimes hollow and can be used for a straw.

Marie
  • Daffodil324
    Daffodil324 Member Posts: 59
    I have a collection
    I collect dolls representing children. I have a wide variety including some by modern doll artists. They are all sizes from a few inches to almost 4 feet tall.

Karen
  • grannyc
    grannyc Member Posts: 63

Ice Tea Stirers
    Being a good Southern Lady...lol...I collect blown glass ice tea stirers, not to be confused with spoons.

They are usually a clear glass 'stick' with either a blown glass ornament on the top end or a colored tiny spoon shape on the bottom. The glass stick is sometimes hollow and can be used for a straw.

Marie

Collector
    I have been collecting angel figurines since I was pretty young...many moon ago.
    I collect other things as well but angels are my weakness

My dad was career Army so no matter where we were stationed I would get an angel, so I them from several different state and counties. I have an 8 year old grandaughter who I buy an angel for every Christmas nd birthday...she has started expecting them and that makes me so happy as she loves them too.

GrannyC
  • jararno
    jararno Member Posts: 186
    Collecting
    I seem to collect junk! Actually I have been collecting miniatures for many years. These were supposed to go into a dollhouse that I was supposed to build! I did actually build most of the first dollhouse, but became quite disillusioned with the whole process after my husband accidentally hit the dollhouse with our Van and knocked off the whole front porch!! I have purchased several dollhouses at yard sales with the intention of finishing them, but alas my procrastination gene seems to be in place as usual so maybe next year??

I also seem to collect "dead relatives" as I do genealogy as a hobby! Kind of a never ending process, but it can be interesting. I have visited many family grave sites in my travels. My poor family really hates it when I suggest a little detour to check out a cemetery! ( Haven't been arrested for trespassing yet, but probably will be someday!! ) It is also fun to check out those famous relatives who led respected lives, but sorta forgot to mention that they were a Civil War Deserter who was also an escaped convict and had managed to be pardoned after paying off quite a few people!

Hope you are enjoying your hobbies and collections!

Take Care,

Barb
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    jararno said:

Collecting
    I seem to collect junk! Actually I have been collecting miniatures for many years. These were supposed to go into a dollhouse that I was supposed to build! I did actually build most of the first dollhouse, but became quite disillusioned with the whole process after my husband accidentally hit the dollhouse with our Van and knocked off the whole front porch!! I have purchased several dollhouses at yard sales with the intention of finishing them, but alas my procrastination gene seems to be in place as usual so maybe next year??

I also seem to collect "dead relatives" as I do genealogy as a hobby! Kind of a never ending process, but it can be interesting. I have visited many family grave sites in my travels. My poor family really hates it when I suggest a little detour to check out a cemetery! ( Haven't been arrested for trespassing yet, but probably will be someday!! ) It is also fun to check out those famous relatives who led respected lives, but sorta forgot to mention that they were a Civil War Deserter who was also an escaped convict and had managed to be pardoned after paying off quite a few people!

Hope you are enjoying your hobbies and collections!

Take Care,

Barb

picassos I collect picassos have 35 oil on canvas!
    Well it was a joke , Ship models, boat model, ship devices, ship drawings , navy charts,Anything to do with boats!
    Hugs!
  • maglets
    pepebcn said:

picassos I collect picassos have 35 oil on canvas!
    Well it was a joke , Ship models, boat model, ship devices, ship drawings , navy charts,Anything to do with boats!
    Hugs!

love it
    oh I love it....thank you so much for telling us about your stuff.....

just came in from the King's Speech....what a great movie....

ok boys and girls keep those passions comin.....dogs cats....anything???

let's see what else do I collect??? pyrex! yup good old fashioned pyrex baking dishes, casseroles....pink, yellow, moss green....you name it ..

pepe if you had 35 picassos I would be on a plane to Spain to meet you....haha

hugs to all

mags
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Update on my collecting
    I believe I originally posted that I collect teapots, which I still do. I also collect craft supplies (Buzz, your wife and I would enjoy getting together!)and angels. Oh, and Santa figurines for Christmas!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    maglets said:

love it
    oh I love it....thank you so much for telling us about your stuff.....

just came in from the King's Speech....what a great movie....

ok boys and girls keep those passions comin.....dogs cats....anything???

let's see what else do I collect??? pyrex! yup good old fashioned pyrex baking dishes, casseroles....pink, yellow, moss green....you name it ..

pepe if you had 35 picassos I would be on a plane to Spain to meet you....haha

hugs to all

mags

I collect Dept. 56 buildings

I collect Dept. 56 buildings that I display in a little village at Christmastime. I probably have about 35 houses along with people and accessories. I even have a little train that runs through the village. :-)
  • Nana2
    Nana2 Member Posts: 255
    Love to collect music...have
    Love to collect music...have lots of books...and about 30 years worth of "Artist's" magazine and any art related stuff.
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Mags
    What a wonderful thread, I'm so enjoying reading them all.
    I actually collect nothing, feeling left out, LOL.
    Thanks Mags again, nice thread.
    Winter Marie
  • Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member
    thanks, Mags, for a fun,
    thanks, Mags, for a fun, interesting thread. I, like Winter Marie, don't collect anything but enjoyed reading about other's collections.
    My youngest son and Boyfriend, on the other hand...
    ~Aud
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    surfboards
    Whether **** wants to admit it or not, I'd say he collects surfboards. We just had a beautiful surfboard rack made for our lanai. It displays his 11 boards. (OK some belong to our daughter and I use the stand up board.)

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • surfboards
    Whether **** wants to admit it or not, I'd say he collects surfboards. We just had a beautiful surfboard rack made for our lanai. It displays his 11 boards. (OK some belong to our daughter and I use the stand up board.)

Aloha,
    Kathleen

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Swarovski crystal pieces mainly animals
    been collecting these for years.

mainly I love the marine creatures.

my one unusual thing is that I take them down
    diving and photograph them on remote coral reefs.
  • maglets

Swarovski crystal pieces mainly animals
    been collecting these for years.

mainly I love the marine creatures.

my one unusual thing is that I take them down
    diving and photograph them on remote coral reefs.

so great
    those crazy things just keep rolling in good stuff....it would be fun if everyone posted a pic to their expressions page....did you see Cheryl's dog in snow? pretty darn cute....

I did not know there were iced tea stirrers being a northern girl :):)

mags