Jlo

nancy591
nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Jlo,
You go tomorrow to meet with Dr. S too, right? Good luck and I hope they find a trial to meet your needs!!!

Comments

• jloe
    jloe Member Posts: 174
    On my way today to MSK!
    Yes and I am really looking forward to this appointment. I am very interested to hear his oppinion and what may be available. A close friend of mine that is also a ovca survivor knows several others that have been in trials with Dr. S. and have had good results. I'll keep you posted.
  • jloe
    Good News!
    I was shocked that I did not wait a long time but there were not a lot of people there today. It seemed very empty. I was there from 1:30 to 3:00. I spent a lot of time with Dr. Kim and that went well and also with Dr.S.

I felt like when I left there I was dreaming. I was told exactly what I really wanted to hear and what my doctor originally suggested. There is a lot available including clinical trials (Phase I), when available. I will talk to them (Dr. S) on Monday for that appointment. He is coordinating it all with my doctor and the final decision as to the next step will be decided this week. Dr. S is researching the trials that would be good for me and he also said there are a lot of treatments that are good for me that are not in a trial. They will make the final decision.

My situation is one that I have had a lot of treatments and recurrence. I have had very few breaks between treatments so the clinical trials are specific to that. He is in agreement with the treatments and surgery that I have had (aggressive) has worked and that I am “stable”.

Right now, I feel so lucky to have the doctors that I do and to be here today. I had a few laughs today and I hope many more.
  • Disneynutt
    Disneynutt Member Posts: 134 Member
    jloe said:

Good News!
    I was shocked that I did not wait a long time but there were not a lot of people there today. It seemed very empty. I was there from 1:30 to 3:00. I spent a lot of time with Dr. Kim and that went well and also with Dr.S.

I felt like when I left there I was dreaming. I was told exactly what I really wanted to hear and what my doctor originally suggested. There is a lot available including clinical trials (Phase I), when available. I will talk to them (Dr. S) on Monday for that appointment. He is coordinating it all with my doctor and the final decision as to the next step will be decided this week. Dr. S is researching the trials that would be good for me and he also said there are a lot of treatments that are good for me that are not in a trial. They will make the final decision.

My situation is one that I have had a lot of treatments and recurrence. I have had very few breaks between treatments so the clinical trials are specific to that. He is in agreement with the treatments and surgery that I have had (aggressive) has worked and that I am “stable”.

Right now, I feel so lucky to have the doctors that I do and to be here today. I had a few laughs today and I hope many more.

So it all sounds good for
    So it all sounds good for you. I am interested in your statement that you have had very few breaks between treatments. Have you ever been in remission? When were you diagnosed? Have you exhausted all of the normal chemical treatments?

So good to hear some positive news.

-Kate
  • jloe

So it all sounds good for
    So it all sounds good for you. I am interested in your statement that you have had very few breaks between treatments. Have you ever been in remission? When were you diagnosed? Have you exhausted all of the normal chemical treatments?

So good to hear some positive news.

-Kate

It is very good news
    No, I have not exhausted normal treatments at all. I have many options still available and both doctors confirmed that. My gyn/onc has been very careful with my treatments so that I have options available for the long haul. I was dx 8/2006. I had a break after 8 IV and 6 IP for a few months. Since then I have been in constant treatment.
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    jloe said:

It is very good news
    No, I have not exhausted normal treatments at all. I have many options still available and both doctors confirmed that. My gyn/onc has been very careful with my treatments so that I have options available for the long haul. I was dx 8/2006. I had a break after 8 IV and 6 IP for a few months. Since then I have been in constant treatment.

Joni,
    I am following your story with great interest. I was dx 2 months before you, and have also had a lot of chemo with very little remission. Keep us posted.
    kathleen
  • jloe
    kayandok said:

Joni,
    I am following your story with great interest. I was dx 2 months before you, and have also had a lot of chemo with very little remission. Keep us posted.
    kathleen

Will do
    Kathleen,
    Having so many treatments, I was getting scared that I was running out of options. I was reassured yesterday not at this time. I may even be able to go back on Avastin with modifications to my blood pressure medication. I don't have the details but I very interested in that option. I'll know more next week. Hopefully I'll have some useful information for others.

Joni