We're getting another dog...

oriontj
oriontj Member Posts: 375
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
This blue merle...Am/Can Champion Sandance Stargate, Vaughn will be coming from the same gal that sent us our amazing bi blue sheltie...Redbaby...

I'm a firm believe in dogs and cats as stress relievers....when Tom was so tired a year ago September...little Red never left his side....he knew that Tom needed to pet him and needed him close and this little guy is my shadow. When I had a knee replacement for an entire month he never left my side....with his face on my leg...until he knew I was getting all better...

Life happens and there's no right time to add another dog...we have two now...but some times God says...it's time, he's coming for a reason....I feel that Vaughn has a job to do in our home...so we will wait until the weather breaks...above 10 degrees at O'Hare and he will then come from Mobile AL...he's been in Colorado so he knows snow and cold weather.

I can hardly wait until he pops out of his crate and starts being our boy.

Pets bring a new demension to our lives...and I raised and showed Shetland Sheepdogs for years..they hold a special place in my heart and all the guys here are happy he is coming..no one more than I am...

Good news comes in many forms...and this is a joyous time...

jan

Comments

• Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Hey Jan
    Happy to read your

Hey Jan
    Happy to read your post. Excited for you to meet your new dog member of your family! My dad passed away from ec March 2010. Mom cries almost every night before she goes to bed. She has a female all black cat who, as soon as she hears mom crying, is at her side. Amazing how our animals sense that we need them for comfort. Best of luck with Vaughn. Let us know how he is making out.
    Tina in Va
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • MRapp226
    MRapp226 Member Posts: 44
    Animals help us heal
    Jan,

My dad passed away from EC on August 29, 2010. We were trying desperately to get him treated but it was too late. Before we knew that, he was admitted to the NJ Cancer Center in New Brunswick, NJ. I live about 20 minutes from there so my mom stayed with us. I have a Golden Retriever mix that my husband and I absolutely adore but my mom was always nervous around and was more of a "cat person." She quickly learned what so many of us know about our pets... They are stress reducers, great companions and provide compassion to us that no other human can. My dad kept asking me, "Is your mother okay with Sammie??" He was so darn worried that she was SCARED OUT HER MIND, tip topping around my house. LOLOLOL Sammie brought my mother comfort that she never experienced before and after my dad's passing, my mom bonded even more with Sammie. She refers to Sammie as her granddog, spoils her rotten and even lets her come visit Grandma at her house!! Sammie even stays the night with my mom!! LOLOLOL And the feeling is mutual.... Sammie LOVES her grandma!!

So, best wishes with your new addition. Enjoy every second!!

Warm regards,
    Melissa
  • Donna70
    Donna70 Member Posts: 852 Member
    MRapp226 said:

Animals help us heal
    Jan,

My dad passed away from EC on August 29, 2010. We were trying desperately to get him treated but it was too late. Before we knew that, he was admitted to the NJ Cancer Center in New Brunswick, NJ. I live about 20 minutes from there so my mom stayed with us. I have a Golden Retriever mix that my husband and I absolutely adore but my mom was always nervous around and was more of a "cat person." She quickly learned what so many of us know about our pets... They are stress reducers, great companions and provide compassion to us that no other human can. My dad kept asking me, "Is your mother okay with Sammie??" He was so darn worried that she was SCARED OUT HER MIND, tip topping around my house. LOLOLOL Sammie brought my mother comfort that she never experienced before and after my dad's passing, my mom bonded even more with Sammie. She refers to Sammie as her granddog, spoils her rotten and even lets her come visit Grandma at her house!! Sammie even stays the night with my mom!! LOLOLOL And the feeling is mutual.... Sammie LOVES her grandma!!

So, best wishes with your new addition. Enjoy every second!!

Warm regards,
    Melissa

welcome home Vaugh!!
    Hi Jan,
    Glad to hear you are adding Vaughn to your household. They do bring so much peace and comfort. Ron and I could not do without our almost 12 yr old pug, Emma. When I was in the hospital she helped Ron feel less lonely and snuggled up with him. She was a big comfort to me thru all this past year. I always tell people Emma is a lot cheaper than a shrink!!! So glad you and Tom will have that furbaby to cuddle with and relieve all the stresses there are with illness and life in general. Give Vaughn a big hug from me. take care,
    Donna70
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Jan,
    I don't have an

Jan,

I don't have an animal,but do see the way they interact when someone is hurting. A few yrs. ago, I had surgery on my knee. My daughter came to help me out, and brought her yorkie with her. This dog had never had anything to do with me, but that day, she stayed in my lap with her head on my leg all day. I was amazed how she knew something wasn't right.

Sandra