let's talk football

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    taleena said:

I'm not rooting for
    I'm not rooting for anyone!!!!! I refuse since BOTH of my teams choked... one last week and the other the week before!!! This is me pouting! :0*

Can anyone guess who those teams were??? Well, alright I'll tell you.... The squaws (opps I mean Chiefs)..... and the Seachickens... (I mean Seahawks)...... Both choked!!!! I'm not claiming either of those teams... (well, at least until next season)...

In the mean time I have a feeling the superbowl teams will be .. the Steelers vs. Packers!

Good Luck!!

Hugs,
    ~T

Oh, no kidding VickiSam
    Clay Matthews and Troy Polomalu all the way--anywhere, anytime!!!

Hugs, Renee
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Well, does it age me to say that the Jets were the first team I
    rooted for? How 'bout if I mention that the QB was Joe Namath? So, by default and for fun, the NY Jets!

Sue
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    sbmly53 said:

Well, does it age me to say that the Jets were the first team I
    rooted for? How 'bout if I mention that the QB was Joe Namath? So, by default and for fun, the NY Jets!

Sue

Oh, Sue--being from NY too--the Jets were my team
    all the way. And, I had a major crush on Joe Namath! My dad and I watched every game.
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    missrenee said:

Oh, Sue--being from NY too--the Jets were my team
    all the way. And, I had a major crush on Joe Namath! My dad and I watched every game.

Oh, i just remembered the
    Oh, i just remembered the most important thing of the Superbowl, the food!!!!!! We go to my nephews and there is plenty of food, especially hoagies and pizza. We should start a post about Superbowl foods, i am sure that is next
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    meena1 said:

Oh, i just remembered the most important thing of the Superbowl, the food!!!!!! We go to my nephews and there is plenty of food, especially hoagies and pizza. We should start a post about Superbowl foods, i am sure that is next

Okay Meena - start the thread
    We can do another recipe swap!

Sue
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    This is a hard one
    Definitely have to root for the Jets, since the Steelers beat my Ravens.

Will probably root for the Packers, even though it's a toss up and I could go either way.

Just waiting for the Super Bowl party!
  • GrandmaJ
    GrandmaJ Member Posts: 209
    Football
    LOVE MY STEELERS...

Judy from Pgh.
  • Gradys_mom
    Gradys_mom Member Posts: 1
    meena1 said:

we are still hurting too
    we are still hurting too much after the Eagles Loss. oh my!

hurting? Have *I* got an answer for you!!!
    Well, I'm new here (having been newly diagnosed with cancer of SOME kind.) But for this particular subject I'm an expert. See, I'm from Detroit. The Lions have pre-season games against local high schools. And....they LOSE. Every once in awhile, the team teases us. When they had Barry Sanders, at least we could look forward to a few great plays through all the losses. No more.

When you've been a Lions fan for awhile, even shelling out for season tickets, losses cease to be painful. (Friends also question your sanity, but that's a different matter!) Constant exposure to bad football helps; REALLY bad football, like we had when we went 0-16 a couple years ago, helps develop that tough exterior even more.

So, football hurts? Not a chance. If your expectations are really low, you won't be disappointed. Become a Lions fan and not only will the hurting stop, but the team colors of powder blue and silver are pretty darn flattering!!!! ;o)
  • LVG
    LVG Member Posts: 128
    BEARS!!!!
    .... I am feeling 1985 alllllll over again ~ LET'S GO BEARS!!!
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    This is a hard one
    Double post
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    sparkle1 said:

Bears will win it all. GO
    Bears will win it all. GO BEARS!!

Sparkle

I Like Your Answer Sparkle!
    Go Bears!! Sunday can't get here fast enough!! :)

Sally
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    LVG said:

BEARS!!!!
    .... I am feeling 1985 alllllll over again ~ LET'S GO BEARS!!!

The '85 BEARS SO ROCKED!
    I agree LVG! Haven't been this excited since then!! Not that this current team is anywhere near as fun to watch, but the feeling in the air and excitement around town is the same!!

GO BEARS!!!

Sally
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    sal314 said:

The '85 BEARS SO ROCKED!
    I agree LVG! Haven't been this excited since then!! Not that this current team is anywhere near as fun to watch, but the feeling in the air and excitement around town is the same!!

GO BEARS!!!

Sally

Saturday Night .. clips and take off's -- I can
    still recall many of them .. cuz, it's Football. Now what I had for dinner several nights ago - that's another story! Still recovering from the Chemo brain and all - !LOL

Vicki Sam
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    sal314 said:

I Like Your Answer Sparkle!
    Go Bears!! Sunday can't get here fast enough!! :)

Sally

Da Bears!

Da Bears!
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    More of a basketball fan, myself
    But I'm rooting for the Bears and the Steelers (my hubby's favorite team) to make it to the Superbowl, and the Bears to win it (sorry, hubby!) just because it's been soooooo long.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

More of a basketball fan, myself
    But I'm rooting for the Bears and the Steelers (my hubby's favorite team) to make it to the Superbowl, and the Bears to win it (sorry, hubby!) just because it's been soooooo long.

Cindy .. sounds like my house .. between my son
    and husband .. My husband and his Pittsburg Steelers, and Andrew and his 'BEARS' .. Everytime I hear someone say 'Bears', all I can recall are the Saturday Night skits .. with 'Norm' from Cheers, I can't recall his name .. but I recall many skits ..

Hoping for a wonderful series ...

Vicki Sam
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    meena1 said:

The superbowl food! YES!
    The superbowl food! YES! LOL
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    VickiSam said:

Cindy .. sounds like my house .. between my son
    and husband .. My husband and his Pittsburg Steelers, and Andrew and his 'BEARS' .. Everytime I hear someone say 'Bears', all I can recall are the Saturday Night skits .. with 'Norm' from Cheers, I can't recall his name .. but I recall many skits ..

Hoping for a wonderful series ...

Vicki Sam

Enjoy the games tomorrow!
    Enjoy the games tomorrow!

Lex
  • RooDee
    RooDee Member Posts: 21
    Steelers vs. Bears Superbowl
    Since the Philadelphia Eagles are out, I'm rooting for the Pittsburgh Steelers to win....looking forward to watching the games tomorrow with my husband=)
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Go Bears
    Marsha, I am not a football girl but I am a Chicago girl. I never forgot the day the Bears played the Super Bowl. Everything closed early so people could go home to watch the game. Big department stores closed by 4:00 p.m. when they should have closed at 6:00 p.m. Nothing like that has every happened in Chicago. Very little traffic on the streets. Grocery stores empty. If the Bears win tomorrow, I wonder if the stores will close early for the upcoming Super Bowl game. Time will tell.

By the way, I love the Super Bowl because I love their commercials. Learn about the commercials when I took a marketing course. However, if the Bears play this year in the Super Bowl I won't leave the room for anything as I don't want to miss the game and I don't want to miss the commercials.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle