SBRT Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy

paris11
paris11 Member Posts: 159
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi my friends,

I dropped in from the Uterine board. Can anyone recommend an outstanding medical center for SBRT? Or better yet an outstanding Rad. for SBRT.

Thanks,

Starfish

Comments

• msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    where are you?
    I'm in discussions with a Radiologist at Riverside Hospital in Newport News, Dr. Kersh. He's been at it for 25 years and has worked with some of the best in the field. They work with the Synergy equipment. I'm very pleased with what I've learned about him and how the entire staff is over there.
    mary
  • BeCuz
    BeCuz Member Posts: 4
    Stereotactic Radiosurgery
    My grandson had sterostactic radiation at the Huntsman Cancer in Salt Lake City. His is a very different situation as far as outcome because his treatment is for malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors and just for palative care. I understand they have good results with this type of treatment for other types of cancer and would definately check it out.
  • paris11
    paris11 Member Posts: 159
    msccolon said:

where are you?
    I'm in discussions with a Radiologist at Riverside Hospital in Newport News, Dr. Kersh. He's been at it for 25 years and has worked with some of the best in the field. They work with the Synergy equipment. I'm very pleased with what I've learned about him and how the entire staff is over there.
    mary

Mary and BeCuz Thank you
    My rad. is considering SBRT for a minimal residual lymph node. As you know SBRT is often used for lung and brain. Not so much for my particular situation. I want several opinions before I make a decision. I meet with my rad. Tuesday. I will let you know what he says.
    Connie
  • John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member
    SBRT Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy

As with anything, hyperbole can often exceed facts.

Some information worth knowing about:

On Stereotactic Radiosurgery

Stereotactic Radiosurgery Devices Linked to Brain Injuries (p. 2)

Radiosurgery

I attempted to find the easiest to read, but there are more informative,
    up to date (albeit complex/technical), websites to choose from.

Always try to know as much as you can, even if the facts are dismaying.

Better health.

John