arm survived flight as did pump equipment!

cavediver
cavediver Member Posts: 607
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I put on expression page a pix of my husband and myself upon arrival to our villa on the beach in Mexico....you can tell I was happy to be back here! But I wanted to let you know that flying with the lymphedema was not a problem. I was a bit concerned...my first flight since all this. I had put on the kinesio tape on the arm and fingers/hand, then donned a custom compression glove, and favorite compressions sleeve for the flight. I left the sleeve on for several hours after flight and only had minor swelling. The pump was not damaged and I used it for @1 hour last night.....so all is well. Now,sipping coffee watching the ocean and feeling the salt air......I feel centered.

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Enjoy your stay and have a
    Enjoy your stay and have a wonderful time walking the beach, sunrise/sunset (not sure which one you will have)and maybe a margarita or two!! Loved the pics of you and your husband. In my mind, the perfect therapy!!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Enjoy your stay and have a
    Enjoy your stay and have a wonderful time walking the beach, sunrise/sunset (not sure which one you will have)and maybe a margarita or two!! Loved the pics of you and your husband. In my mind, the perfect therapy!!

Love the pictures! Enjoy
    Love the pictures! Enjoy that salt air and the sand.

Hugs, Kylez
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    I'm jealous!
    Enjoy your stay! Sipping coffee and watching the ocean sounds divine.

Mimi
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Kylez said:

Love the pictures! Enjoy
    Love the pictures! Enjoy that salt air and the sand.

Hugs, Kylez

So great to see your pix
    and hear that you're lounging in the sun. I have the pump and lymph problems as well so it's comforting to hear that the machine traveled well and that you did just fine.

Have a wonderful time!

Hugs, Renee
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    centered...what a great
    centered...what a great place to be.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Love your pictures!
    Have a wonderful time. Have a cup of coffee and a few margaritas for me please.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Cavediver
    so glad the lymphedema was not a problem. I'm envious of you right now being in Mexico and enjoying the sunshine. You deserve the respite! Have fun!
    {{hugs}} Char
  • cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 200
    cahjah75 said:

Cavediver
    so glad the lymphedema was not a problem. I'm envious of you right now being in Mexico and enjoying the sunshine. You deserve the respite! Have fun!
    {{hugs}} Char

You look beautiful
    and what a handsome HUSBAND! I'm so glad that you are having a good time, you sooo deserve it after everything you went through last year! Here's hoping they won't grope you on your way home. By the by did you ever end up telling your friends what you've been through? Just curious as I haven't told many of the folks that i see, they all just tell me what a cute hair cut I have now (wig)?
    Good to hear from you.
    Peace and Love,
    Edie
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    A piece of heaven
    Cavediver,

you look so relaxed and happy on your picture.

Now THAT'S what I call therapy!! Mexico looks beautiful!!

Enjoy your well deserved break.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • patti anne
    patti anne Member Posts: 101
    aysemari said:

A piece of heaven
    Cavediver,

Hugs,
    Ayse

Enjoy!
    The pictures are fabulous and I'm so jealous! Enjoy your much deserved vacation!!

Patti Anne
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Wow!
    What a beautiful place. I can see why you look so happy and relaxed. Walk barefoot on the beach for me. Enjoy yourself.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    mimivac said:

I'm jealous!
    Enjoy your stay! Sipping coffee and watching the ocean sounds divine.

Mimi

You and your hubby look so
    You and your hubby look so happy in your pic. Have fun!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    aysemari said:

A piece of heaven
    Cavediver,

Hugs,
    Ayse

Looks beautiful there! Just
    Looks beautiful there! Just what the doctor ordered! Enjoy!

Angie
  • cavediver
    cookie97 said:

You look beautiful
    and what a handsome HUSBAND! I'm so glad that you are having a good time, you sooo deserve it after everything you went through last year! Here's hoping they won't grope you on your way home. By the by did you ever end up telling your friends what you've been through? Just curious as I haven't told many of the folks that i see, they all just tell me what a cute hair cut I have now (wig)?
    Good to hear from you.
    Peace and Love,
    Edie

telling friends
    I just started to tell friends recently....glad I waited so I could assure them I am ok for now! Some said what I needed to hear...others did not know what to say...I spend more time assuring them I am ok and it is what it is... Here in Mexico I am also slowly coming 'out of the closet' and it is ok. Saw several friends today and let them know why I have not been here for 10 months. Still very glad I chose to keep my treatment time private though......
  • cavediver
    ladyg said:

Wow!
    What a beautiful place. I can see why you look so happy and relaxed. Walk barefoot on the beach for me. Enjoy yourself.

Hugs,
    Georgia

natural Vitamin D helps
    not sure if it is the sun, sand, surf, friends...or that I am just so happy to be here...but my arm and hand are feeling extremely well...in fact, I only wore a gauntlet today with the kinseo tape instead of the full glove. Hubby says maybe it is the cerveza :-) Meeting up with friends I have not seen in many months since this all started....I feel happy, relieved, and content. Will try to post more photos on expressions page in a few days..........thinking of all of you and holding you all in my positive thoughts
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    ladyg said:

Wow!

Hugs,
    Georgia

Looks so nice in Mexico!
    Looks so nice in Mexico! Your husband and you look so happy! Have a great time walking on the beach, relaxing and just laying in the sun.

♥ Noel