let's talk football

Marsha Mulvey
Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Here we are mid week waiting for just 2 games. Who do you pick to win this weekend and which will go on to win the Super Bowl?

STEELERS vs JETS
BEARS vs PACKERS

Don't want to jinx anyone, but I THINK the Steelers will win and I WANT the Packers to win it all. (If the Bears win, I guess that would be alright because Jay Cutler is a local boy from a small town just up the road called Santa Claus. IN)

Comments

• cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 200
    Okay if you're gonna make me pick
    My Jaguars were soooo close, for a little while :(. So I'm gonna pick an animal named team. GO BEARS!!!
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    cookie97 said:

Okay if you're gonna make me pick
    My Jaguars were soooo close, for a little while :(. So I'm gonna pick an animal named team. GO BEARS!!!

Cookie
    I like your reasoning!
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    I'll pick
    the underdog Jets. No particular reason except I am not a big fan of the other teams and alas my Eagles got themselves eleminated.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 200
    ladyg said:

I'll pick
    the underdog Jets. No particular reason except I am not a big fan of the other teams and alas my Eagles got themselves eleminated.

Hugs,
    Georgia

You go Georgia!
    That's pretty much where I stand. I am not a fair weather fan!
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    BEARS ALL THE WAY BABY!
    I know it's a stretch, but I'm hoping and praying the BEARS can pull it off! Beating the Packers isn't gonna be easy, but I think if everyone shows up and plays well, they can beat 'em.

I'm going BEARS vs. JETS with BEARS taking it all!

Oh my gosh...if that happens it will be so AWESOME! '85 Bears mania all over again! LOL!

Sally
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    sal314 said:

BEARS ALL THE WAY BABY!
    I know it's a stretch, but I'm hoping and praying the BEARS can pull it off! Beating the Packers isn't gonna be easy, but I think if everyone shows up and plays well, they can beat 'em.

Oh my gosh...if that happens it will be so AWESOME! '85 Bears mania all over again! LOL!

Sally

I can see and hear those
    I can see and hear those Saturday Night Live skits...
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    This is football, right? I
    This is football, right? I am a huge football fan (Jaguars and Gators) and know from experience that on any given day it's anyone's game. So, I flipped a coin and the winner is................. Bears!!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    sal314 said:

BEARS ALL THE WAY BABY!

Sally

Packers and Steelers!

Packers and Steelers!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    sal314 said:

BEARS ALL THE WAY BABY!

Sally

Packers and Steelers!

Packers and Steelers!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    ladyg said:

I'll pick

Hugs,
    Georgia

The Packers!

The Packers!
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    MyTurnNow said:

This is football, right? I am a huge football fan (Jaguars and Gators) and know from experience that on any given day it's anyone's game. So, I flipped a coin and the winner is................. Bears!!

we are still hurting too
    we are still hurting too much after the Eagles Loss. oh my!
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    MyTurnNow said:

we are still hurting too
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    meena1 said:

we are still hurting too

Okay, I'm going out on a limb here
    Steelers vs. Bears in the Super Bowl. Just hope they're all good games.

Hugs, Renee
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    meena1 said:

we are still hurting too

We are hoping the Bears win
    We are hoping the Bears win this weekend!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    missrenee said:

Okay, I'm going out on a limb here
    Steelers vs. Bears in the Super Bowl. Just hope they're all good games.

Hugs, Renee

Yes
    Let's talk football! My husband and I love football and have really been enjoying the playoffs, even though some have been run away games.

I liked the Jets until it came out about the coach's foot fetish. lol I know, I know, I shouldn't hold that against the team, but, ewwwwwwwwww And, I apologize if anyone here has a foot fetish. I just don't get it.

Green Bay has been playing hard and you can just tell they really want it. So, I am putting my money on them.

So, let's all lay on the couch or sit in the easy chair, have some snacks, snuggle up with your hubby and...

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

Sue :)
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Ritzy said:

Yes
    Let's talk football! My husband and I love football and have really been enjoying the playoffs, even though some have been run away games.

I liked the Jets until it came out about the coach's foot fetish. lol I know, I know, I shouldn't hold that against the team, but, ewwwwwwwwww And, I apologize if anyone here has a foot fetish. I just don't get it.

Green Bay has been playing hard and you can just tell they really want it. So, I am putting my money on them.

So, let's all lay on the couch or sit in the easy chair, have some snacks, snuggle up with your hubby and...

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

Sue :)

Football ... LOVE IT LOVE IT .. LOVE IT ... We are planning
    a Super Bowl party .. having app 18 people with 3 TV's all downstairs in various rooms ... Whoo ya ..

My husband's picks .. Steelers and Green Bay

Our son's picks ... Steelers and Bears

my pick ==== due to play off performances -- Jet's and Green Bay

I will be going into a semi depression on 2/7/11 -- until April with spring college football comes around!

Mrs. Payton Manning, the ex Mrs. Tom Brading .. soon to be Mrs. Clay Matthews -- #52 Green Bay defensive ... once engaged to Troy Polamalu #43 - Steelers defensive, as well .. Yes, I live in a fantasy .. LOL

Vicki Sam
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    VickiSam said:

Football ... LOVE IT LOVE IT .. LOVE IT ... We are planning
    a Super Bowl party .. having app 18 people with 3 TV's all downstairs in various rooms ... Whoo ya ..

My husband's picks .. Steelers and Green Bay

Our son's picks ... Steelers and Bears

my pick ==== due to play off performances -- Jet's and Green Bay

I will be going into a semi depression on 2/7/11 -- until April with spring college football comes around!

Mrs. Payton Manning, the ex Mrs. Tom Brading .. soon to be Mrs. Clay Matthews -- #52 Green Bay defensive ... once engaged to Troy Polamalu #43 - Steelers defensive, as well .. Yes, I live in a fantasy .. LOL

Vicki Sam

Steelers and Green Bay all
    Steelers and Green Bay all the way! That rhymes! LOL

Lex
  • newlife2011
    newlife2011 Member Posts: 40
    Please let it be.....

Packers vs. Jets
  • sparkle1
    sparkle1 Member Posts: 242
    Bears will win it all. GO
    Bears will win it all. GO BEARS!!

Sparkle
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    I'm not rooting for
    I'm not rooting for anyone!!!!! I refuse since BOTH of my teams choked... one last week and the other the week before!!! This is me pouting! :0*

Can anyone guess who those teams were??? Well, alright I'll tell you.... The squaws (opps I mean Chiefs)..... and the Seachickens... (I mean Seahawks)...... Both choked!!!! I'm not claiming either of those teams... (well, at least until next season)...

In the mean time I have a feeling the superbowl teams will be .. the Steelers vs. Packers!

Good Luck!!

Hugs,
    ~T