KEFIR.

Options
pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Did any of you ever had Kefir? does it work?
Hugs!

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • tesslee
    tesslee Member Posts: 97
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

i have been using kefir but
    the store was out the last time i went to buy it, so i bought oikos greek yogurt, which is a thick yummy yogurt. the kefir is like a smoothie and very good tasting to me. i will have to check out that link. my cancer center is having a nutrition seminar tonight and i will bring probiotics up if she doesn't.
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I love kefir
    I started drinking it in 2004 and still do. I especially like the peach flavor. It works great, much better than yogurt products. I remember reading that with the way it is made it doesn't bother people that are lactose intolerant like yogurt can.

I started drinking the recommended 8 oz the first week and once I could tell it was working I cut back to 4 oz daily. It has a good shelflife and I like that the flavored ones seem to get sweeter over time.

Try it, you'll like it!

Lisa P.
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    scouty said:

I love kefir
    I started drinking it in 2004 and still do. I especially like the peach flavor. It works great, much better than yogurt products. I remember reading that with the way it is made it doesn't bother people that are lactose intolerant like yogurt can.

I started drinking the recommended 8 oz the first week and once I could tell it was working I cut back to 4 oz daily. It has a good shelflife and I like that the flavored ones seem to get sweeter over time.

Try it, you'll like it!

Lisa P.

Makes me smile
    Always makes me smile when I see a post from you Lisa. Hope you are doing well and lovin life!!

Smiles,
    Dawn
  • pepebcn
    Options
    dmdwins said:

Makes me smile
    Always makes me smile when I see a post from you Lisa. Hope you are doing well and lovin life!!

Smiles,
    Dawn

I'm starting today, some body gave me the fungus to do it
    by my self, here is very common lately between the "natural style of life people". The only thing is that you have to keep the bug as if it were a little baby! it need a lot of care otherwise it would die!.
    Lisa what about for stomach issues? does it help?.Avoid diarrhea , regulate the mucus ( got a lot since my colostomy) etc.
    Cheers!
  • pepebcn
    Options
    pepebcn said:

by my self, here is very common lately between the "natural style of life people". The only thing is that you have to keep the bug as if it were a little baby! it need a lot of care otherwise it would die!.
    Lisa what about for stomach issues? does it help?.Avoid diarrhea , regulate the mucus ( got a lot since my colostomy) etc.
    Cheers!

If you want a little I can send you the remaining fungus
    it grows a lot every day! hahahaha just imagine the US customs patrol!LOL.
  • Erinb
    Erinb Member Posts: 293
    Options
    pepebcn said:

If you want a little I can send you the remaining fungus
    it grows a lot every day! hahahaha just imagine the US customs patrol!LOL.

Ever hear of Kombucha? I
    Ever hear of Kombucha? I went to a Weston Price meeting and they promote Kefir as well. Not for cancer specifically-just over all good health. I never had KEFIR, but I like my kombucha. They also promoted good fats and oils-coconut oil being one of them. It is supposed to be great for you.
    Erin
  • thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    You will love it!
    Kefir is like a Yoghurt milkshake. Love it! Different brads taste very different. I like Alta Dena a local SoCal brand. It is fresh and very good! (I worked at Alta Dena has my very first job.) Try a local brand that is natural formed vs chemically formed. You will like it and it will help build healthy flora in you intestines.

Best Always, mike
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    pepebcn said:

Cheers!

Stomach/GI issues
    Yes Pepe it did help me greatly with my issues. I had a colostomy bag for over 2 years. Kefir has something like 10 times the amount of the good bacteria for your GI tract that yogurt does so it is great to even out the nasty constipation/diarrhea bouts our meds can cause. It also has good protein and calcium amounts.

I bought mine, never grew it. Keep us posted if you "grow your own" but if not still let us know if you think it helps you.

Lisa P.
  • pepebcn
    Options
    scouty said:

Stomach/GI issues
    Yes Pepe it did help me greatly with my issues. I had a colostomy bag for over 2 years. Kefir has something like 10 times the amount of the good bacteria for your GI tract that yogurt does so it is great to even out the nasty constipation/diarrhea bouts our meds can cause. It also has good protein and calcium amounts.

I bought mine, never grew it. Keep us posted if you "grow your own" but if not still let us know if you think it helps you.

Lisa P.

The bug grew near double in two days!
    Hahahaha! does any body wants some remaining bacterias?
    LOL.